The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

It's here!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by RebelGolfer72, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    United States
    Congrats on your new device. Glad you're enjoying it as much as we do ours! Happy Vaping! :vapor:

2. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you. Just the basic, stock satin stainless. Simple, durable and permanently stuck to my left hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2013
    Scranton, Pa USA
    Congrats... and not greedy at all. Mine wasn't even 24 hours old and I was already looking at the mini's as well even though the regular size isn't that large. Besides.... what better way to back up a Provari then with another Provari??? :vapor:

4. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
  5. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    I feel like that's where I am...I doubt my B&M has them but I bet the owner might. Maybe I'll stroll in..."Can I hold your ProVari?" :blink:

6. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN

LOLOL..that's what I did!!! Seriously. I have one B&M that sold them over an hour away. They had zero minis but a couple of standard sized. The owner was vaping one and let me hold it and try it. I was SOLD instantly, but wanted a mini cuz of the tear drop design.

You know, that's real important how it looked more than anything else :facepalm: but seriously, the standard size also fit fine in my hand, wasn't huge like I expected or real heavy so I knew the mini would be perfect w/the extension cap.

7. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    Question about the batteries. is an 18490 the same as an 18500??

I ordered mine with two 18500 batteries, hope they fit!

8. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    Oh yeah, and congrats!! :D

9. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Will you quit looking and just get one. :D

10. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I only do satin stainless. If they ever get scratched I can get them bead blasted. :)

11. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    That's exactly what I did too. I held two ;) I liked the bigger one better but I want a mini next....for variety. :D

12. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    OCD much? :p

13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The batteries MUST be button-top IMR batteries. Flat top batteries will not work.

Provape recommends using AW IMR high drain batteries at least 5 times on their website. AW makes only 18490 IMR button-top batteries in the 18490/18500 category. Using the recommended batteries is extremely important.

AW IMR 18650.jpg

14. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    This is one of the first posts you've made where I wish there was a dislike button. :p

So what's wrong with Bead Blasting?

I would like to get all my drip tips, bodies and tanks done at the same time with some contrasting metal treatments. :D

Edit: adding JK so the post does not appear of us being mean to each other. :p

15. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Just curious. Why do you put your Provari in standby mode? :confused:

The vast majority of us never turn our Provari's off, even if they are in a pocket or purse. It's almost impossible to accidentally press the fire button when in a pocket or purse; also it has a 12 second auto turnoff feature just in case it did.

16. Rancor0681

Rancor0681 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Lol after p.opus has made the jump and with his opinion (which I value) of the device being what it is now. I am looking at the ProVari in a more positive light.

That all being said I will prob never own on just due to price. No matter the explanation or how solid the reasoning behind the purchase the wife "budget boss" will never allow me to spend that much on a device.

Yall can call me whipped but I subscribe to the axiom happy wife happy life.

I also know the save so much per check Yada Yada been there tried that. Either I get close and something more important comes up and needs the monitery attention or I spend it on outings with my lil guy(just turned 5)

So I will be looking from the outside in puffing my MVP 2 lol :p

17. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Ya wanna hear OCD? :D

I wanted to take a full sized and have it cut down to a mini. The reason is I wanted them to match except for length. I couldn't find anyone to take on the job.

It is like Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear.

Well I have Papa Bear running on 18650s, Mama Bear running on 18490s, and Baby Bear running on 18350s.

When I look at them I hear this old kids song. "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just don't belong"

Papa Bear and Mama Bear are both stripes. Baby Bear is a tear drop. It is like Papa Bear, and Mama Bear are polar bears and Mama Bear had an affair with a kodiak bear. Or that Baby Bear was adopted. They are not uniform in appearance. :p

18. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    haha, oh it can't be the first one you've wanted to dislike? I was joking. Nothing wrong with it at all.

19. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I am going to go back and edit that post to include jk. Someone is going to think I am serious. :)

20. CalamityJess

CalamityJess Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm the wife in this house, but I'm also the vape addict! And the one in control of the finances hehehehe. I'm lucky in the respect that as long as he has food and the bills are paid he doesn't much care what I do as long as he doesn't have to deal with the finances he's a happy man with a happy wife :D MVP2 is awesome too though, I just ordered my 3rd Shine edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.