It's tough being a bottom feeder sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
It's tough being a dedicated squonker sometimes! No holiday coupons to take advantage of, no mass produced latest & greatest mods to lust after, unobtanium mods you can't get without a decoder ring, no B&M stores to visit, it's even tough to find anything to lust after online to pass the boredom some days! I tell you we get no love.....YET. Hopefully someday there will be a large company like Joytech pumping out Evic VTC squonkers, I seriously think it would be great for the community. I realize we are a small (maybe the smallest?) set of a small community (vapors) but still for me I don't enjoy the exclusivity all the time. It would be great to have more general conversation about all things squonking, even this section of ECF is a little stagnant. I know there's plenty of custom modder threads out there & I am on a few of them but until more people get to experience the joys of squonking I don't see it going too far which is a shame. I think even if there were more competition in the market place there would still be a place for our beloved one off custom modders never mind that competition is a good thing for all. So, where do you go to get your squonking fix? Any modders, shops or forums?

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
There are only three places I go to for squonking related info. And they are the same three places you go to: The CAM, CC and TMOD threads. My only gripe with the products produced by the aforementioned modders is that none offer pure (not plated) silver contacts. A berrylium copper/brass/stainless firing pin connected to a copper battery bridge plate? Cool. A pure silver firing pin making contact with a pure silver battery bridge plate? Awesome.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
It's tough being a dedicated squonker sometimes! No holiday coupons to take advantage of, no mass produced latest & greatest mods to lust after
I actually enjoy NOT lusting the latest and greatest mods. I enjoy reading about them, but no interest in buying.

The simplicity and reliability of mech bottom feeders is exactly what I was looking for. I will look no further. :thumbs:

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I actually enjoy NOT lusting the latest and greatest mods. I enjoy reading about them, but no interest in buying.

The simplicity and reliability of mech bottom feeders is exactly what I was looking for. I will look no further. :thumbs:

Agreed, my statement was partially tongue in cheek since it's great having a mod that works no matter what in any conditions. With that being said some innovation wouldn't hurt the community either.

I've been enjoying regulated squonking except for the poor battery life. It's tough making that transition once you're used to incredible battery life & durabilty that a mech mod provides. Still though even with that being said having the ability to vape at 35 watts in the AM then turn it up to 45 watts as the day progresses has been a new enjoyable experience of squonking for me personally.

Reactions: StephL535

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Yep I've seen that & tempted to get one but not really a fan of the plastic box design. I wish there was a little more info or user reviews.

I have one of those VTC mini squonkers on the way, will let you know when I get it. I'm only a new squonker though, just recently got my first one which is the steam crave.

Reactions: fishwater

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    Looks like they are out of stock. Must have run out of boards as they are still selling the boxes to make your own. Maybe contact them and ask if they'll be getting more if you are keen.

Shipping to Australia for the mod with some extra bottles and tubing was €9 for the cheaper option or €19 for UPS which I thought was reasonable. I went UPS as I wasn't sure about whatever that other option was.

If you are using google chrome you can just right click on the page and click translate to english.

Last edited:

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    Got mine yesterday, already ordered another. The box whilst extremely light feels well put together, not flimsy at all. The texture is rough and stripy, I like the feel of it but if you want smooth you probably won't like it. Up close you can see some imperfections like in the pic below, nothing major just a result of 3D printing unfortunately, it looks really good from a small distance its only right up close you notice. The magnets on the door are strong and there is no play once door is on. 510 pin is screw adjustable and seems very solid, I've had no issues with resistance readings and after several refills not even a drop of leakage. The chip works as expected for a VTC mini chip, have upgraded firmware to 3.0 and am using SS wire with temp control and its working great.

On another note this Snapdragon 1.5 is the best RDA I have ever used, flavour is fantastic. No leaking so far, not even condensation around the airflow. Perfect amount of airflow for me (its like a restricted lung draw when wide open).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread