Status
Not open for further replies.

softpiano

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Lithuania
Hey everybody. Today i went to a doctor to check my lungs functions, heart and blood. So i thought i would share my results with every of You.

First of all why i wanted to check was because i started to feel strange feelings in my chest, mostly in the area of heart, and saw that my pulse is too big. So i began to worry, that maybe it's too much of nicotine for my heart. Then i started to think that maybe my lungs are to dry cuz of PG and they are starting to give me the feelings. So..

I did a blood test (still waiting for the results)

I did a spirometry test in order to check how are my lungs. And the results were just awesome. As i quit smoking about year ago, now after almost one year of vaping, my spyrometry test is awesome. Even much much better than 7 years ago when i started to smoke.

Next i had a cardiogram of my heart. They found some kind of little thing (which isn't really bad), so then i was sent to make another cardiogram when driving a bicycle. I had to drive a bicycle for 20 minutes, and at the time my blood preasure and cardiogram (heart work) were being watched.
After this awesome test i didn't feel my legs LOL :) cuz it was harder and harder to drive the bicycle. But it showed that my heart is just perfect. Blood preasure is becomming bigger in normal way as it is harder and harder to drive the bike. And cardiogram also was perfect in strain mode.

So doctors told me, that the pulse might be a bit bigger cuz of nicotine.. It's normal.. But it's nothing connected with my feelings in chest zone.. It seemed that these feelings were because of reflux, which i have a really big one :) Of course smoking or vaping adds it's dose to refluxe, but's it's not a heart and it's not lungs.. I should eate moore carefully and drink more watter :) And calm my stress down :) And everything should be back to normal.. Talking about pulse, it was really quite normal during all tests of heart..

So my final word would be, that i will still try to reduce my level of nicotine, as it really doesn't add any good things :) As for today, my heart is really ok, but talking from 40 years perspective, nicotine can demage the heart. It stimulates the heart and in this way the heart can tire..

All in all i'm happy for my results, and i'm happy that it's only refluxe :) Thank You my heart and dear lungs for being such kind and standing all my addictions :)

Hope my info helps for others ;)
Cheers.
V.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Thats good to know and thanks for sharing your results.
I noticed when I started working out a little bit that I can now feel my muscles being worked as before it was so hard to breath it over powered the feeling I got in my muscles.. it's a good reality check as to how harmful smoking really is for our body that most people probably don't notice as much as they would if they stopped smoking.
Glad to hear that there is no harmful side affects from your 1 year of vaping and chances are they are probably good for me to as well.
I think vaping nothing is a much better idea, but for now, vaping only as much as needed and hopefully someday we will all be asking how do we stop vaping lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread