The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Katdarling, Jun 11, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Katdarling

Katdarling Bling Kween and spreadsheet monster. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Anyone need a wristband? :blink:

power power.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  2. RainSong

RainSong An adult who likes flavors. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I had a hard time figuring temp control out and I still don’t know much but I had settled into a comfortable vape with a SXK Prime, 3mm 6 wrap 26g SS316 coil at about 24w and 380-390* F. Over 400 was way too hot for me. After Jac croaked on me I tried to use temp control on my Pico and it’s definitely not the same quality, so I’ve switched back to VW until I get my Jac back.

• Like Like x 3
  3. skyboxer1968

skyboxer1968 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Illinois
    That preheat could certainly be causing your problem. Just turn it off. In that 316 profile, type in 25 watts in the power box. That should get the temp up quickly without over shooting the temp. IMO when the power is set too high, you can feel the TC kick in, which is not what should be happening.
    Don't forget to send those changes to the device!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    • Funny Funny x 6
  5. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    This is my experience, it may help. I use SS 316l at 28 gauge and a Kayfun 5. EDIT: Ohms at 0.62
    I made certain that the profile the JAC was using was the one I wanted.
    On mine that was Profile 3.
    I had to do this through the buttons, probably there is a software method, but it escaped me.
    I took a leap to 400 F at 25 Watts w/ a preheat of 40 Watts (probably could use zero).
    I have been satisfied.
    The most important step for me was assuring that the profile on the JAC was the SS Temperature profile. I was working escribe setting Profile 3 where I wanted it and uploading it to the JAC. However the JAC was using Profile 1. I don't know why it took so long to see that but it did.
    I hope that I have made this clear, my technical writing skills often are lacking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. englishmick

englishmick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Thanks for all the support folks.

I got Escribe figured out. At least enough to build a profile and upload it to the Jac. Set temp to 405, power to 12W, and preheat to 15W for 0.5 secs. It's running great now. So it was definitely the preheat of 75W that was blowing my coils. That 75W for 1 second was preset on the mod. Seems odd that the temp limiting didn't protect the coil during the preheat. Or maybe it tried but the coil blew too fast for it to kick in.

I didn't see anything in the booklet about adjusting the preheat on the mod, maybe it can only be done through Escribe. Seems like it should default to something a little less aggressive, especially if you can't change it from the mod. Not everyone has a Windows PC around.

I need to do more work on Escribe. Looking at the monitor I didn't see anywhere that it showed the temperature the coil reached during a puff, or whether the temp limiting kicked in. There was a field called Temp on the last puff section but it only showed a "?". Still, I'm getting a good vape on the Jac now in TC so I'm happy. Should be uphill from here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. RainSong

RainSong An adult who likes flavors. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jac has left me for his expensive overseas hospital visit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

My sentiments RainSong. Hopefully it returns soon as good as new.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. englishmick

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Good thing is mail travels pretty fast, considering the distance. Mine arrived 6 days after it was ordered.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. englishmick

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I have a Jac question. Now I'm doing TC, after each puff the screen switches to display Temperature Protected 3 times. Does this mean temp limiting kicked in, or is it just telling me that TC is on?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    It is just telling you that it has reached temperature. I turn it off under the Theme tab in escribe.It only turns off the message and not the protection.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    dunno_zpsa5b1dd85.GIF

I push button
    I inhale
    I say "ahhhhhhhhhh".

;)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Winblows

Winblows Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 10, 2017
    Copenhagen (UTC+1)
    This is my først DNA mod.
    My TC experience from my other mods is very confusing. IF it works :) , it works different even on the same models (several pico's). Do all DNA mods handle the TC equal ? This one is VERY different (restrictive) from my others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I don't use TC myself. It's my understanding (could be completely wrong) that Evolv (manufacturer of the DNA chips) was the original creator of TC. Everyone else offering TC chips are basically just copycats using reverse technology.

Having said that, I imagine the different DNA chips may vape differently from one another, however subtle. I've been told that the DNA200W is more energy efficient than the DNA75W, which I find amazing because I think the chip in my JAC is pretty darn efficient.

I get a full days use with a single Samsung 30Q 15A 3000mAh battery at 30 watts.
    I get only a full day use with two Samsung 30Q in my Segelei Fuschai (non-DNA two battery mod) and only a full day use with three Samsung 30Q in my Wisemic RX200 (non-DNA three battery mod), with the same tank and at 30 watts. Only varying factory must be the DNA chip.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. oplholik

I have grown very fond of the Evolv DNA's. They are kinda like vaping a Provari, very smooth, consistent, and reliable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    The Evolv brand has a solid reputation. If you can't get a DNA device to function properly then I suspect you couldn't get any other TC device to function properly either.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Don't mind me - I'll just watch.

:pop:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. oplholik

Now, DP, who could argue with the above statements? :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia

Mind if I join you?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio