Anyone need a wristband? :blink:

power power.jpg

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I downloaded Escribe. My preheat temp was set to 75W for 1 second. I fired it up and blew my third coil. The Escribe monitor showed the temp going off the chart with some red lines. Don't know Escribe yet so it didn't mean much to me. Could hitting my coil with 75W cause it to break? Would the chip cut off the power during the preheat stage if it got too hot?

I set up a profile with temp of 8W and preheat temp of 15. Have to wait until tomorrow to try it because it's late. Have to make another coil tomorrow.
I had a hard time figuring temp control out and I still don’t know much but I had settled into a comfortable vape with a SXK Prime, 3mm 6 wrap 26g SS316 coil at about 24w and 380-390* F. Over 400 was way too hot for me. After Jac croaked on me I tried to use temp control on my Pico and it’s definitely not the same quality, so I’ve switched back to VW until I get my Jac back.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I downloaded Escribe. My preheat temp was set to 75W for 1 second. I fired it up and blew my third coil. The Escribe monitor showed the temp going off the chart with some red lines. Don't know Escribe yet so it didn't mean much to me. Could hitting my coil with 75W cause it to break? Would the chip cut off the power during the preheat stage if it got too hot?

I set up a profile with temp of 8W and preheat temp of 15. Have to wait until tomorrow to try it because it's late. Have to make another coil tomorrow.
That preheat could certainly be causing your problem. Just turn it off. In that 316 profile, type in 25 watts in the power box. That should get the temp up quickly without over shooting the temp. IMO when the power is set too high, you can feel the TC kick in, which is not what should be happening.
Don't forget to send those changes to the device!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This is my experience, it may help. I use SS 316l at 28 gauge and a kayfun 5. EDIT: Ohms at 0.62
I made certain that the profile the JAC was using was the one I wanted.
On mine that was Profile 3.
I had to do this through the buttons, probably there is a software method, but it escaped me.
I took a leap to 400 F at 25 Watts w/ a preheat of 40 Watts (probably could use zero).
I have been satisfied.
The most important step for me was assuring that the profile on the JAC was the SS Temperature profile. I was working escribe setting Profile 3 where I wanted it and uploading it to the JAC. However the JAC was using Profile 1. I don't know why it took so long to see that but it did.
I hope that I have made this clear, my technical writing skills often are lacking.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Thanks for all the support folks.

I got Escribe figured out. At least enough to build a profile and upload it to the Jac. Set temp to 405, power to 12W, and preheat to 15W for 0.5 secs. It's running great now. So it was definitely the preheat of 75W that was blowing my coils. That 75W for 1 second was preset on the mod. Seems odd that the temp limiting didn't protect the coil during the preheat. Or maybe it tried but the coil blew too fast for it to kick in.

I didn't see anything in the booklet about adjusting the preheat on the mod, maybe it can only be done through Escribe. Seems like it should default to something a little less aggressive, especially if you can't change it from the mod. Not everyone has a Windows PC around.

I need to do more work on Escribe. Looking at the monitor I didn't see anywhere that it showed the temperature the coil reached during a puff, or whether the temp limiting kicked in. There was a field called Temp on the last puff section but it only showed a "?". Still, I'm getting a good vape on the Jac now in TC so I'm happy. Should be uphill from here.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I have a Jac question. Now I'm doing TC, after each puff the screen switches to display Temperature Protected 3 times. Does this mean temp limiting kicked in, or is it just telling me that TC is on?
It is just telling you that it has reached temperature. I turn it off under the Theme tab in escribe.It only turns off the message and not the protection.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have a Jac question. Now I'm doing TC, after each puff the screen switches to display Temperature Protected 3 times. Does this mean temp limiting kicked in, or is it just telling me that TC is on?

dunno_zpsa5b1dd85.GIF

I push button
I inhale
I say "ahhhhhhhhhh".

;)

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
This is my først DNA mod.
My TC experience from my other mods is very confusing. IF it works :) , it works different even on the same models (several pico's). Do all DNA mods handle the TC equal ? This one is VERY different (restrictive) from my others.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is my først DNA mod.
Do all DNA mods handle the TC equal ? This one is VERY different (restrictive) from my others.
I don't use TC myself. It's my understanding (could be completely wrong) that Evolv (manufacturer of the DNA chips) was the original creator of TC. Everyone else offering TC chips are basically just copycats using reverse technology.

Having said that, I imagine the different DNA chips may vape differently from one another, however subtle. I've been told that the DNA200W is more energy efficient than the DNA75W, which I find amazing because I think the chip in my JAC is pretty darn efficient.

I get a full days use with a single Samsung 30Q 15A 3000mAh battery at 30 watts.
I get only a full day use with two Samsung 30Q in my Segelei Fuschai (non-DNA two battery mod) and only a full day use with three Samsung 30Q in my Wisemic RX200 (non-DNA three battery mod), with the same tank and at 30 watts. Only varying factory must be the DNA chip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread