Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is getting confusing :) I took the Doggy off the Sandstorm and pit it on the Jac, and it vaped fine. I put the Doggy from the Jac, and put it on the Sandstorm, and it's a very weak vape.
Did you keep the settings the same on each mod? 375/9w and 445/30w?

I'd break down both doggies and clean the snot out of each. Put them back together with new builds. Try again. I think you might have any atty issue more than a mod issue.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
@oplholik Is the resistance reading the same on both mods? You should not need to lock the resistance on a DNA. Try cleaning the 510 on the mod,i use a earbud slightly dampened with a little isopropyl alcohol. with one end while mod is upside down then dry with the other end. Make sure to get into the threads.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Did you keep the settings the same on each mod? 375/9w and 445/30w?

I'd break down both doggies and clean the snot out of each. Put them back together with new builds. Try again. I think you might have any atty issue more than a mod issue.

I will try that today. Thanks.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That sounds to me like the Sandstorm 510 definitetly needs cleaning. Make sure the coils are cooled down and turn off resistance lock before you reread the coils.
The Sandstorm is brand new. Unless it got trashed since yesterday it should be clean.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
The Sandstorm is brand new. Unless it got trashed since yesterday it should be clean.
I just had a brand new Lost Vape mod straight out of the box that read resistance differently from my other 6 DNA mods, around 1/10 th of a ohm higher.After cleaning like i described there was what looked like oil on the cotton.It now reads exactly the same as my other six DNA'S to the hundredths of a ohm.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just had a brand new Lost Vape mod straight out of the box that read resistance differently from my other 6 DNA mods, around 1/10 th of a ohm higher.After cleaning like i described there was what looked like oil on the cotton.It now reads exactly the same as my other six DNA'S to the hundredths of a ohm.
Somebody did a bad job of cleaning before selling. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
All is good now with the different Doggy on there. So either a dirty atty, or something I was doing screwing it up. The other Doggy I'll run thru the sonic cleaner for a good cleaning.
Well, I guess not, I dunno. I just changed the batt while fooling with it here, and it threw it all off. Now I'm down to 345F, and 9w, and still a little warm, but vapeable.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I’ll let you know when it gets here. Needed a solid dna stealth mod. Plus, it was on SALE :banana:... that’s like waving a red flag in front of a bull. I “charge” ;). Already have a black Siren 2, 22mm built and waiting on it. Should be the smaller version of the sandstorm, same board, just no lip. I’m loving the sandstorm. It and the squids are my everyday go tos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread