Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was worried you were going to say a cat with two balls. Period.

In my mind I was thinking. Wow, you checked? Sorry, that's how my mind works. o_O

With approximately eight years of knowledge & experience built up between us, do you honestly think that your "period" scenario did not cross my mind?

;) :evil: :lol:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't get how a dog with two tails would be happy. I mean, they don't have that much self-awareness, honestly Sure it could WAG its two tails I guess (if one of them was like, not a birth defect that just drooped pathetically or whatever) but like, say Cujo had two tails? I mean would it make any difference? Maybe if it was some horrific birth defect where he like wagged ONE of them as he came to eat you. That might make it scarier because he'd look really bad.

LOL I'm sorry I just heard that saying and well, it's all new to me, etc. I just wanted to understand how a doc with two tails would be happier than one. I think it would depend more on its temperament and general life circumstances or whatever.

Maybe I am just thinking to hard!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably You know that song "My life, would suck without YOU?"

I'm thinking of recording a version that goes, "My life,, would not suck, without ME."

I cannot believe my husband killed the house (yeah, I am blaming him even though I guess "technically" it was not his fault) in fact probably mine. He had to come help me out for three weeks.

I suppose even the real estate goddess has to admit there is no way one could have predicted the hot water heater would blow up and spray water everywhere,. I have no clue what will happen. My beautiful house! Yeah, I wanted it to EXIST even if like owned by someone else. Oy.

Even if it can be rehabbed (it can't) well , I wouldn't do that to some unsuspecting family, dude. It would be like a SICK house. OMG
Anna

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I don't get how a dog with two tails would be happy. I mean, they don't have that much self-awareness, honestly Sure it could WAG its two tails I guess (if one of them was like, not a birth defect that just drooped pathetically or whatever) but like, say Cujo had two tails? I mean would it make any difference? Maybe if it was some horrific birth defect where he like wagged ONE of them as he came to eat you. That might make it scarier because he'd look really bad.

LOL I'm sorry I just heard that saying and well, it's all new to me, etc. I just wanted to understand how a doc with two tails would be happier than one. I think it would depend more on its temperament and general life circumstances or whatever.

Maybe I am just thinking to hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Anna. :facepalm:

A dogger wags his/her tail bit when he/she is happy. Having two tails doubles the happiness, dahlink.

Ya overthinking this, girl? :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I was just foolin' around. I have two Jaqs now (23 and 25) so that makes me twice as happy, I get it's an expression.

I am not in favor of clipping tails. Our first family dog had a clipped tail (it was like that when we got her) and yeah she was designed to herd and whatnot but I have no clue why people do that other than they don't want to clean burrs and whatnot out of their dog's tail. It very much sucks.

I have figured out what is one of the HIGHEST priorities on my "I can have this dog" list and besides a German Shepard (THEY STINK. I realize they stink less if you wash them all the time, they are smart, they are majestic, they are intelligent but the STINK you'd think the Germans would have FIXED that they can do anything) is the dog does not drool,

With all the modifications made to dogs so far, you'd think they could come up with some that don't stare vacantly at you, dribbling a PUDDLE on the floor. It is the ABSOLUTE worst.

LOL. I am very opinionated about dogs, man.

Anyway, our dog would sort of wave her stump, but she compensated by waving her .... enthusiastically as well. It was cute.

She also could have kept the tail, probably. It would not have relieved her of much suffering. She once chased a rabbit right THROUGH a cholla bush, mouth gaping enthusiastically. She just WENT.

It took my husband and hour, (fortunately besides being at the very base of the dog IQ she was a sweet and biddable creature) to get enough of the spines out of her (including her tongue and the roof of her mouth) to get her home at which point we had at her more with tweezers.

I miss that dog like crazy sometimes. I think she had doggy ADHD.
Anna

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Its been over 3 years since my last post (approaching 7 years smoke free), nice to see some of the old timers still kicking around!

After a week of use, I'm so impressed with this mod's quality/price point I had to find my old logins and add to this ancient thread.

Replaced a 3 year old LostVape Epetite DNA 60 that served me well, but had doors that were more epoxy than plastic/wood at this point.

The "updated" finish on this Jac is quite nice and seems durable (this is definitely not the old Vaporshark rubberized crap).

Battery door (Black now) has an insignificant amount of play, you really need to intentionally try to wiggle it to even notice, lets say sub .5mm of play. Magnets are strong. The doors on the Epetite were infinitely more annoying, to the point i had to apply double sided tape (as others have mentioned that owned that mod).

Fire button is tactile though soft, but for anyone used to non-daughter board DNA's this is par for the course.

Overall fit and finish on the Jac is every bit "high end".

Price point is nearly unbeatable for a DNA 75 equipped mod built this well. Not sure if the Evolv vs the World debate is still raging here, but I've been loyal to Evolv for 6+ years and they haven't let me down, though it does seem to be increasing hard to find small mods using their chips.

Even the weight is a neutral for me. The mod w/tank and battery is heavy, but it's a "reassuring heaviness" rather than an 'I'm carrying a brick around' feeling. The small size and nice feeling finish may help here.

I think I can reasonably expect to get a solid 2-3 years as a daily driver out of this unit.

Amazingly, the ECR20 code still works, conveniently covering almost exactly the amount to ship, putting this mod at $76 delivered to my door. Pretty tough to beat that!

Back to my cave, take care ECF'rs!

PS. They stopped rolling up the manuals...:lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Its been over 3 years since my last post (approaching 7 years smoke free), nice to see some of the old timers still kicking around!

After a week of use, I'm so impressed with this mod's quality/price point I had to find my old logins and add to this ancient thread.

Replaced a 3 year old LostVape Epetite DNA 60 that served me well, but had doors that were more epoxy than plastic/wood at this point.

The "updated" finish on this Jac is quite nice and seems durable (this is definitely not the old Vaporshark rubberized crap).

Battery door (Black now) has an insignificant amount of play, you really need to intentionally try to wiggle it to even notice, lets say sub .5mm of play. Magnets are strong. The doors on the Epetite were infinitely more annoying, to the point i had to apply double sided tape (as others have mentioned that owned that mod).

Fire button is tactile though soft, but for anyone used to non-daughter board DNA's this is par for the course.

Overall fit and finish on the Jac is every bit "high end".

Price point is nearly unbeatable for a DNA 75 equipped mod built this well. Not sure if the Evolv vs the World debate is still raging here, but I've been loyal to Evolv for 6+ years and they haven't let me down, though it does seem to be increasing hard to find small mods using their chips.

Even the weight is a neutral for me. The mod w/tank and battery is heavy, but it's a "reassuring heaviness" rather than an 'I'm carrying a brick around' feeling. The small size and nice feeling finish may help here.

I think I can reasonably expect to get a solid 2-3 years as a daily driver out of this unit.

Amazingly, the ECR20 code still works, conveniently covering almost exactly the amount to ship, putting this mod at $76 delivered to my door. Pretty tough to beat that!

Back to my cave, take care ECF'rs!

PS. They stopped rolling up the manuals...:lol:

And it looks like you haven't aged a bit!

Great report - thanks. Especially the part about the manuels (ohmammia, those manuals!).

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010

Famous last words...:lol:

Appears the wiring to the 510 is failing in some way.

Randomly started displaying "Shorted" this morning across multiple known working atomizers.

With atty removed the mod can still be fired and displays wild variations in resistance upwards of 6ohms/flashes the new coil message rapidly for 1/2 sec at time, until hits the "Ohms Too High" error.

Exhausted all know trouble shooting options (escribe, updates, SP etc) aside from disassembling the mod.

Put in a ticket with Jac, will update once i get a resolution.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Randomly started displaying "Shorted" this morning across multiple known working atomizers.

With atty removed the mod can still be fired and displays wild variations in resistance upwards of 6ohms/flashes the new coil message rapidly for 1/2 sec at time, until hits the "Ohms Too High" error.

Exhausted all know trouble shooting options (escribe, updates, SP etc) aside from disassembling the mod.

Not good. You spoke too soon.

Hi,
It happened the same to me too, they had to change the mod.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

A while back I had a problem with a new unit I bought from a friend and had to replace the screen. The jac is very easy to take apart. Sounds like you might have a bad solder joint that would be easy to fix if you can solder. If it’s not that then maybe the board is bad.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Can't like this one but would appreciate knowing about the resolution.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Sounds like you might have a bad solder joint that would be easy to fix if you can solder. If it’s not that then maybe the board is bad.
    Yeah, and likely not on the board. Perhaps the lead to the 510 or from the power source.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2010
    Not good. You spoke too soon.

My chronic "Foot in Mouth Disease" acting up again. :lol:

Hi,
    It happened the same to me too, they had to change the mod.

Good to know, i assume they will take care of it, only downside is waiting for it to get to UK and back, but patience is a virtue.

Can't like this one but would appreciate knowing about the resolution.

Will keep you guys updated.

A while back I had a problem with a new unit I bought from a friend and had to replace the screen. The jac is very easy to take apart. Sounds like you might have a bad solder joint that would be easy to fix if you can solder. If it’s not that then maybe the board is bad.

Yeah, and likely not on the board. Perhaps the lead to the 510 or from the power source.

In the odd instance I don't get a replacement from Jac, ill dig out the Hakko/open it up and re-solder everything (assuming the issue is not something else that's obvious).

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    In the odd instance I don't get a replacement from Jac, ill dig out the Hakko/open it up and re-solder everything (assuming the issue is not something else that's obvious).

Sounds similar to a problem I had, where the resistance started randomly going up, sometimes just a little, sometimes really high. I never got the shorted message though.

In my case the cause was that the electrical connection between the negative side of the 510 and the top piece of the mod was dodgy. The 510 is press fitted into the top plate. They are different metals, maybe that has something to do with it.

A temporary solution was to tap the 510 with a hammer to move it down slightly. That's probably not a good idea if you're thinking of returning it. Another solution is to make a direct connection between the body of the tank and the top plate of the mod. I keep a thin copper washer on there. To make that work you have to scrape the paint off the top of the mod though. I didn't think about it at the time but another solution might be to try and drip some Deoxit in between the 510 and the top plate.

I had another problem with the gasket in the 510. I think I might have displaced it when I was trying to pull the 510 pin up. It ended up being pushed up through the hole on one side, it had a brown mark on that side as well like it had got burned a bit. Worked fine after I got it reseated though. You have to unscrew the top to get to it.

I did take the top off mine and resolder the wires under the top piece. Didn't solve the problem. But it was easy to open it up and get to everything if you end up having to do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread