Janty mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
I really like this freakin thing. I see a lot of people posting that "Its too complicated" I kinda shake my head. It complicated because it can do a lot of different things. It's complexity should have been obvious.

I set up my first profile and seem to hit it out of the park. I kinda set it up the way I modulate my manual VV only I am so used to clicking to modulate. I have to remind myself I programmed it all in. So I have to stop my click,,,,,,,,,,,click,click,,,,,,click.

I do have a issue with the battery. Not a biggie because I have three sets. But I could see how it would be an issue for someone else. It goes Kerplunk at 57% batt remaining. Sounds like an IT issue to me. I cant imaging how I could screw that up.

I was also hoping the Mid community would be like a forum. Which it is not. I have always enjoyed the extended threads here when people share the adventure of new mods together. I just like the back an forth of bouncing idea's off one another.

surprisingly I don't mind not having a screen. I just program my settings with different color lights and I can tell which one I am running.

I think this has the potential to really blow up the vaping experience If the carto and tank makers can statistically look at average uses (times, temps ect) it could open the door for major improvements there. I dont know if there is such a thing as heat momentum. But like the new hi-bred cars. Maybe there is some opportunity to make better use of batteries cycles.

Who know maybe it will turn into another Vape paperweight. Right now I am enjoying mine. How are you all doing with yours??

Plasma

Jul 23, 2011
Monroe, NY
I've been using MID One for almost a week now, and I have to say that it's the BEST unit I've ever used. It's really not complicated at all after about 30 min of playing with the software. Made few profiles and wow. Juices that I thought I loved are hitting with so much more colorful flavor that I never thought they had. Battery life is the only issue I have as well. I have only one set at this time and I dread going back to Provari or to my Opus for the two hours it takes to charge them.
Janty hit a home run with this one. It was worth the wait.
PS If any mod needs a community forum it's this mod. It has so much potential it's mind blowing.

Last edited:

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
I agree. I would love to see some good discussion's. And it would be extremely helpful for new users just to ask questions to one of us rather than waiting on a email from customer support. they have been fine its just a person could look through a thread finding answers instantly like I have always done here.

I heard someone btchn about the parasitic drain on the Evic. I think that is some of what is also going on with the mid. My before bed, and after I wake reading show a significant loss (It stopped going kerplunk at 57% Yay). I think the reality is anything that stays physically connected to a battery is going to have some parasitic drain. Even with it just turned off but connected to the batts. I would guess some tweaking to its idle state would make a noticeable improvement.

I also had a thought (yea who would have guessed?). That even if I can not connect to my phone at this point. It would be nice to be able to create profiles to try later on my phone. I would rather be doing that than Angry birds or Temple run.

On mine I was able to get up and vaping on it within 20 min.

As far as the lack of a screen. The few I owned that had screens I mainly used to check and make sure I had not changed voltages pressing buttons by mistake. The color light does a fine job of that for me. Really most of the time I knew what juice I was using and type of carto I had. And would just default to my mental preset for that configuration anyway. But I have been using variable's since the Buzz first edition

Looks like I am finally retiring my Vaprlife Turbo. Which says a lot. Its my oldest and most used mod ever.

I do need to find some way to prop it up safely when I am not holding it.

I am going to go nuts using different carto's and tanks. I feel pretty confident I can over come most any of those issues with the flexibility of the mid.

Last edited:

Plasma

Jul 23, 2011
Monroe, NY
One thing I found is that if my profile needs tweaking when I am out. The ability to push the joystick up or down gives me the fine tuning I needed until I make a profile adjustment later.
I was a 2 pack a day smoker and in the morning I need a little more umph from an ecig to keep me off an analog. By pushing the joystick up, I get that extra kick. I don't even care about the color myself. The cross formation of the profiles makes it easy for me to remember. Even made a profile for a Penelope and Ithaka, boy what a difference.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Is it already being sold?

The presale orders just shipped last week. I am not sure if they have inventory at the Janty USA or sub vendors yet.

While not for me and probably not going to be as popular as some other mods, it's features really scream for a sub-forum.

I have been around long enough to remember hearing the same stuff about the Buzz, Darwin ect. Time will tell. I would guess, as with most mod's. It will evolve with customer input (especially the GUI) and become much more vape friendly. It seems more complicated than it is. 5 left clicks on/off. 3 right clicks select profiles, Up or down while vaping increases or decreases watts/volts real time.

My batt life just keeps improving. I think its a little me and a little the batteries getting broke in.

Last edited:

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am glad to finally see ppl talking bout this mod who own one and have used it.
I have been wanting to know what everyone thinks. With all the mod s out there I really thought this one would takeoff?
I figured a smaller sized super mod should have more attention?
Maybe there aren't enough out there just yet. I'll be watching

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
One of the things that happened was janty did a poor job with the launch. The pre-orders were to originally to ship in Jan and didnt. They ended up refunding most orders. I left my order stand. But even with all the patience in the world I was beginning to be a bit put off by a lack of information. When the word hit the forums that they were shipping. I had to reach out to them to make sure mine was in the pipeline. And even then that had trouble getting the "special" batteries and I was informed I would have to wait for these (They arrived with my order).
End of wine.

I am glad I stuck it out. And with the discounts I received it was by far the best deal on the block for me. It has worked (for me) as promised and believe me I would have been btchn if it did not. It is definetly for advanced users. And really anyone should be able to tell that just from the stock description. If you find its to complicated IMHO thats on the user not Janty.

I have found it has given new life to old juices and made some which I did not like at all good. I wish the carto's were top or bottom no filler types. It works great with viva nova's and I have broken out some of my old version carto's which I can now adjust for using up my old stock.

Really it is advanced the way riding a bike is advanced. If you had never used one. You have to learn fundamentals, Technique, then fine tune you skills. I am in the fine tune stage now.

I'm loving it. Looking foward to V2 so I can not suffer if I need a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread