Janty Mid - VV/VW, software and joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
what carto can take 8 volts...maybe im too much of a rookie...

3 ohm DCC which just happens to be sold under the Mid-range of products.
In theory, that is. Did have my thing with stacked batteries with Bombshell in 8,4 volts. Had most succes with 1.5 Mega dual coils which were able to survive the huge current running through them putting out some 40ish watts but the flavor did take a hit plus the carto simply isn't able to wick fast enough. With Odysseus you might be able to vape with 25 watts.

mpkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Town of Stark, NY
When I first looked at this I thought it was about the coolest APV yet. Well...I guess I still do. However, I can't see buying this for several reasons. First and foremost is the fact that I'll have to pay to unlock the full potential of the device. If it turns out that the 'modules' are 99 cents like an android app that's at least something; but I am sure they won't be that cheap. Second is the battery set up. There are numerous warnings about stacking batteries in a high drain device. They're Janty's batteries and are only 550 MaH...how long can they possibly last?? Lastly is the fact that there's no clear answer about what can be used on the device. Yes, I know they state that it is a standard 510/ego connection but will a high end rebuildable tank work or only their atty?

The ability to do so many things with the device makes my inner geek scream BUY IT NOW!!! However, I can't justify spending nearly $150 then have to spend MORE once I have it hand and actually want to use it for the main reason I bought it. Sure they justify it by saying the customer won't be paying for something they won't use. If I don't want to use something, I won't use it. It is not going to cost the company anything to enable access to a feature that is already a part of the software. I think that is a really lousy way for any company to make a buck. :thumbdown:

Sent from right here using Tapatalk

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Second is the battery set up. There are numerous warnings about stacking batteries in a high drain device. They're Janty's batteries and are only 550 MaH...how long can they possibly last??
I use my Turbo in this configuration. Never had an issue with the batteries and I think you also stack the Mah which gives me at least a day and a half of vaping. They address the safety issues citing the improved batts and internal safeguards of the device.

Lastly is the fact that there's no clear answer about what can be used on the device. Yes, I know they state that it is a standard 510/ego connection but will a high end rebuildable tank work or only their atty?
I addressed this in post #59 on this thread. They say it will work with any 510 threaded accessory. The quote if from Janty in response to a ticket I sent asking questions.

Of course this is from the feedback from Janty. I cant vouch for how strong there responses are. I don't know them personally and this is to be the first product I have bought from them.

I will say this. Not worried about the batteries at all: Safety or capacity. Based off my experience with other mods using similar batt setups.

I am not a reviewer kinda dude. But I will share my thoughts after I receive this. I also have a couple of genisis style atties that I will try. And will share what I find in that regard.

Last edited:

mpkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Town of Stark, NY
I use my Turbo in this configuration. Never had an issue with the batteries and I think you also stack the Mah which gives me at least a day and a half of vaping. They address the safety issues citing the improved batts and internal safeguards of the device.

I addressed this in post #59 on this thread. They say it will work with any 510 threaded accessory. The quote if from Janty in response to a ticket I sent asking questions.

Of course this is from the feedback from Janty. I cant vouch for how strong there responses are. I don't know them personally and this is to be the first product I have bought from them.

I will say this. Not worried about the batteries at all: Safety or capacity. Based off my experience with other mods using similar batt setups.

I am not a reviewer kinda dude. But I will share my thoughts after I receive this. I also have a couple of genisis style atties that I will try. And will share what I find in that regard.

Thanks for the reply bssage.

I did see your post and it is the "proprietary" part is what I why I felt is wasn't a definitive answer. There were some eGo mega cartos awhile back that did have a 510 thread but wouldn't work on anything other than an ego without cutting the plastic skirt off. So yeah, it was a 510 thread but didn't work on anything else.

As far as batteries go I'm only familiar with 1600/2000 Mah batteries that I use in my ProVari and I know how long those last, so that's why I am uncertain about batteries that are so much smaller.

I'm looking forward to reading about your experience with it.

Sent from right here using Tapatalk 2

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Its 1100 mah total for the janty batts - so are you using 1100 mah with the Turbo and how many hours vape time are you getting? A day and a half means different things depending on how heavily some-one vapes, and at what watts.
I would like to know more about the Janty batteries. If its possible to use a single IMR in there I would rather do that. Especially using vv or vw.

Last edited:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
According to the Janty store's website, they're 16340 high drain batteries, 550 mAh. I don't know if there's anything proprietary about them besides the wrapper.

Edit: They have updated the page linked in the OP. It now says "MiD 'One' will also work with off-the–shelf Li-ion RCR123 / RCR2 / 16340 / 17335 3.6/3.7V Li-ion 16340P (Protection) 3.6/3.7V batteries."

And the RCR123 battery is one of he most commonly-used Li-ion batteries used in high-end tactical flashlights like Surefires, so you can get them in any decent sporting goods shop or gun store. In fact I'd trust an RCR123 that I bought in a gun store WAY more than one I bought from a vape-supplies dealer, simply because their intended end-user is using it in life-and-death situations, and needs it to be safe, reliable and durable, so you know you're not getting some cheesy counterfeit...

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad

We're going to talk to Mik from Janty about the MiD tomorrow. He's also going to show it off and discuss how it works as well as take some questions from the viewers. You'll be able to watch tomorrow at 9:30 Eastern at VapeLink.com

EDIT: Looks like we aren't going to have a show today...our tech is all screwed up...sorry guys.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal

Its 1100 mah total for the janty batts - so are you using 1100 mah with the Turbo...

I don't believe so.

When you stack batteries (a series) you double the voltage, retain the amp hours.

When you run them in parallel you double the amp hours and retain the voltage.

That means the Janty will only have 550 mah capacity with their batteries. Which is way too meager IMO.

media.nl

Connecting in Series
When connecting your batteries in Series you are doubling the voltage while maintaining the same capacity rating (amp hours). This might be used in a scooter, Power Wheels kids vehicle, or other applications. Just use a jumper wire between the negative of the first battery and the positive of the second battery. Run your negative wire off of the open connector from the first battery and your positive off of the open connector on your second battery.

Connecting in Parallel
When connecting in Parallel you are doubling the capacity (amp hours) of the battery while maintaining the voltage of one of the individual batteries. This would be used in applications such as laptop batteries, some scooters, some ups backups, etc. Use a jumper wire between the positives of both batteries and another jumper wire between the negatives of both batteries. Connect your positive and negative wires to the same battery to run to your application.
http://www.zbattery.com/Connecting-Batteries-in-Series-or-Parallel

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
You are partly correct... the battery life will be determined by amp draw. Since the amps being drawn will be split over the two batteries, you will get longer battery life...

The above picture only applies if you are not down regulating the voltage (ie using the full 7.4-8.2v)...

In effect, you get twice the amperage with same capacity, OR same amperage with double capacity. (only if using voltage regulation. In a mechanical mod, you would be right... series would give you double volts same capacity.)

So if your vaping at 4 volts and 2 ohms, you are pulling about 2 amps, or 8 watts. You can get that with one battery. If you run the same settings with two batteries, you will get twice the capacity.

(im pretty sure im right about this, but if someone more knowledgable in electrical theory cares to elaborate why or why not, I would appreciate it)

Cheers!
:vapor:

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
You are partly correct... the battery life will be determined by amp draw. Since the amps being drawn will be split over the two batteries, you will get longer battery life...

The above picture only applies if you are not down regulating the voltage (ie using the full 7.4-8.2v)...

In effect, you get twice the amperage with same capacity, OR same amperage with double capacity. (only if using voltage regulation. In a mechanical mod, you would be right... series would give you double volts same capacity.)

So if your vaping at 4 volts and 2 ohms, you are pulling about 2 amps, or 8 watts. You can get that with one battery. If you run the same settings with two batteries, you will get twice the capacity.

(im pretty sure im right about this, but if someone more knowledgable in electrical theory cares to elaborate why or why not, I would appreciate it)

Cheers!
:vapor:

Thanks Quoiyaien. I can't imagine it would be limited to 550 mah.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
It's a fail. Good god it doesn't have a screen! How the hell are you supposed to say change it from 4.7 volts to 5.2 or 9 watts to 9.5 if you are not connected to a computer?

I was reading Grimm Green's impressions and he found the color scheme thing confusing. It does sound confusing - I can imagine setting one and then forgetting what I actually set it for. I'd like to find out more. Can the vv/vw be adjusted on the fly or is it all profiles - for example.
I prefer a screen - easy to see what's what.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I was reading Grimm Green's impressions and he found the color scheme thing confusing. It does sound confusing - I can imagine setting one and then forgetting what I actually set it for. I'd like to find out more. Can the vv/vw be adjusted on the fly or is it all profiles - for example.
I prefer a screen - easy to see what's what.

Adjusting on the fly was an add on module, I think they are including those now. Still a fail for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread