jiuice question to do a diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Many have tried. I'm sure it is possible but, not without some pretty sophisticated gear. I don't have it. Do you?

There are all kind of recipes in the DIY forum attempting to duplicate a vendor's juice. Most admit it's merely close.

No....that's why I said you'd need a private lab. Have you ever reordered a juice & found it "not quite the same"? Happens all the time be it juice, favorite dish, whatever. You never know, you might come up w/something just as good if not better....

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
No....that's why I said you'd need a private lab. Have you ever reordered a juice & found it "not quite the same"? Happens all the time be it juice, favorite dish, whatever. You never know, you might come up w/something just as good if not better....

nope the juice i am referring too is exactly the same every time, actually all the juice from this vendor is the same always.

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
Many have tried. I'm sure it is possible but, not without some pretty sophisticated gear. I don't have it. Do you?

There are all kind of recipes in the DIY forum attempting to duplicate a vendor's juice. Most admit it's merely close.

no i do not have a lab. maybe in my dreams.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Actually if your really good at DIY and can sniff out the flavors the vendor used you can come pretty darn close to making the juice. Some are tougher then others, but you can get pretty close if ya take your time and play around with the mix. There are some ECF members that are pretty darn good at it too with replicating juices. The system comes with experience of DIY'ing and using lots of different flavors from numerous flavoring companies and mixing lots of juice for a long time.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've only reverse developed one premixed juice, but that was early on and I think my own creations are better now days.

I can taste a premixed and get a good idea of what flavorings are in it, but the most I've ever gotten from those are ideas for flavoring combinations I have not tried yet. Have yet to taste a premixed, in the last year, that I would bother to reproduce.

This leads me to a theory, if you've got enough experience to reverse develop a premixed, you are probably past the point where someone else's recipe holds any allure for ya'. That would seem to make a lab analysis the quickest and easiest way to go.

Maybe I'm biased because I started DIY because I wanted to make better tasting juice and not to save money? I see a number of folks post here wanting to mimic X's Z juice, but I've never had that desire. Also, it seems that the ones who want to make their own, with their own touch and combinations, are the new mixers that advance the furthest the quickest. (C Vap and Str8 come to mind as examples after I type that.)

I'll quit rambling now...

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Hoosier you are spot on. I jumped into vaping and diy juice almost a week apart. I still buy some premix, but only from local vendors I want to see stay around and in business. A small order here and there, and lately I find myself trading diy tips with them on things Ive learned here. One shop even offered me a job, which I declined. Ive learned so much simply because I want to make what I like, for my palatte, and it appeals to my culinary "foodie" pro home chef side. I love what Ive learned here so far and have come a long way in a short time... at least I think so.

Learn something new everyday.

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
i have never tried to diy, i have no idea how to do it but i would like to give it a shot. it sounds confusing, but i imagine after you know the tricks it is relatively easy.

where would one go to learn how to mix a few juices myself? my fav. juice is hopscotch from fsusa, and i would like to try and duplicate it.

if it is not allowed to mention the vendor or his juice here i apologize, and ask a mod. to delete that part.

happy vaping. ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread