Johnson Creek finally releases their "Canteen" system (tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Meh. Top feeder=fail IMO. Also, she called it a cartomizer at the start and started saying "like a cartomizer" later, just annoying to me honestly. Calling it a cartomizer just that one time makes it feel, to me, like she doesn't really know what she's talking about. Aside from that, I just wish JC would rename their juice line...IDK. Am I the only one who doesn't like the term "Smoke juice"? Cause it just bugs the hell outta me...

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Aye mate same, I love BBB. I have to say the first puff or two was very good. Then the barbecue hit... I even let the bottle steep but nada.. Steeping did nothing to them.

No steeping required with JC liquids. Every bottle from every lot tastes exactly like the one it replaces.

And yeah, I keep the bottles, dripper caps and mini 5ml empties for mixing, too.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
well, kinda mixed emotions

First off..its just like that 510-X tank mentioned above, its a non-serviceable head so it will have to be thrown away, the did it so it won't leak I suppose because many of the serviceable tanks end up leaking. Their battery is an ego type battery with the ego threading removed.

I guess it's good that they are seeing the benefits of larger "workhorse" batteries and clearomizers vs the old cigalike stick batteries and cartomizers with fillers.

Top coil clearomizers are ok (I rather enjoy them) but you have to keep tilting them to ensure the wicks have enough juice in them with the old Harry Potter swish and flick (especially if the juice in the tank is getting low)

Maybe more people will start migrating to PV's and the more mainstream it becomes perhaps the more support to defend PV's against undue regulation and taxation will build

largest suggestion to them would be go with an Ego-T type tank atomizer

Battery on website is a 650mAh ego with 510 threads but the ego external threads removed
Universal 7mm x 0.5mm thread

Can't wait for the PBusardo review ;)

Just goes to show you the "free market" drives new technology MUCH faster than proprietary stuff, we have been rocking clearomizers and all sorts of good stuff long before other companies even started marketing them! Competition...it's a great thing!

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Am I the only one who doesn't like the term "Smoke Juice"? Cause it just bugs the hell outta me...

Yes!!! Like nails on a chalkboard. And she said it a bunch of times. It's going to take awhile for my spine to stop twitching. lol

As for the little clearo/whatever, I have some kanger ones just like it.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
JC was good 4 years ago when there wasn't much else out there in the ways of e-liquid. But, now that there are many many many many better options, I don't even consider them anymore.

And, yes... The term "smoke juice" is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me. As much as I'd like to say that they need to get with the times, they're in bed with Lorillard, and making more money than any other e-liquid manufacturer. They're just not making any of my money.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Their Red Oak Domestic and Tennessee Cured are two of my favorite flavors. I refuse to run out of them, and I'm trying to clone Domestic in my DIY lab.

What is the Vea threading? It looks like they're 510. If so, I might give those a try. I agree that their QC standards are extraordinary.

I second that - nothing comes even close to Tennessee...........and JC was making juice for Blu before it got bought out.....I have no idea how many ppl use Blu (garbage IMHO)- but I wonder if majoity of their revenue stream is Blu. JC has dealers in several counties. Top it off- they have one of the best customer service - not to forget probably the best quality control. Yah they big - not a mom n pop......but that does not automatically make em BT........

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Ok, let's get a few things straight and clear up some misinformation.

1) If you don't like Johnson Creek's juice, nothing wrong with that. Just like every other juice company, taste is subjective. That being said, if you've never used their hardware, saying things like "it's just an ego battery on a cartomizer" is a loose generalization. Their product was designed in the US and one thing I can say is I've never had my Vea leak, gurgle, give a dry hit or anything of the sort. I'm not saying it's the holy grail by any means, but the stuff they do at that company is well thought out. If someone was going to ask me "what's the best carto to buy?" I'd always respond JC or Boge.

2) Johnson Creek is the furthest thing from a "big company", unless you consider a place with under 30 total employees a "big company". They have less than 30 people working for them, are not publicly traded or owned. Just because their website doesn't look like it was created in a 3rd grade art class doesn't mean they are some sort of massive conglomerate.

3) What some people fail to understand is that some people don't want all the things that are so complex in their vaping. Different tanks, different wattages/voltages, different mods, etc. etc. just making vaping more complex that it needs to be for some people. The best analogy I can think of is that some people would brew their own beer, carefully craft it, nurse it, and make sure it's just perfect. Others, would just go to the store and buy it. I'd consider a good portion of this forum (myself included) makes vaping almost a hobby of sorts.

Think about it. Be realistic with yourself. How many times have you come here to fix a problem with your device or tank? Or how many times did you have to readjust something. I can tell you in the time I've been vaping I've had juices leak in my battery chambers, I've had tanks with muted flavors (Protank), I've had quite a few "issues" along the way. Not everyone wants to remove part of their flavor wick or rewick with cheesecloth. Mix that in with the fact that you have to mix and match resistance with voltage/wattage with a potential of getting burnt char taste in your mouth and it's all really a huge turn off for a lot of people. That being said, things like the Vea or Halo G6 or *insert fix voltage cig here* are a much more clean cut solution for people who just want to vape and not worry about variables. We as enthusiast vapers needs to face the facts: we're the guys/girls who buy old cars and really never stop working on them. LOL

/end tangent. I'll post a review of them when I get them. :2cool:

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Ok, let's get a few things straight and clear up some misinformation.

1) If you don't like Johnson Creek's juice, nothing wrong with that. Just like every other juice company, taste is subjective. That being said, if you've never used their hardware, saying things like "it's just an ego battery on a cartomizer" is a loose generalization. Their product was designed in the US and one thing I can say is I've never had my Vea leak, gurgle, give a dry hit or anything of the sort. I'm not saying it's the holy grail by any means, but the stuff they do at that company is well thought out. If someone was going to ask me "what's the best carto to buy?" I'd always respond JC or Boge.

2) Johnson Creek is the furthest thing from a "big company", unless you consider a place with under 30 total employees a "big company". They have less than 30 people working for them, are not publicly traded or owned. Just because their website doesn't look like it was created in a 3rd grade art class doesn't mean they are some sort of massive conglomerate.

3) What some people fail to understand is that some people don't want all the things that are so complex in their vaping. Different tanks, different wattages/voltages, different mods, etc. etc. just making vaping more complex that it needs to be for some people. The best analogy I can think of is that some people would brew their own beer, carefully craft it, nurse it, and make sure it's just perfect. Others, would just go to the store and buy it. I'd consider a good portion of this forum (myself included) makes vaping almost a hobby of sorts.

Think about it. Be realistic with yourself. How many times have you come here to fix a problem with your device or tank? Or how many times did you have to readjust something. I can tell you in the time I've been vaping I've had juices leak in my battery chambers, I've had tanks with muted flavors (Protank), I've had quite a few "issues" along the way. Not everyone wants to remove part of their flavor wick or rewick with cheesecloth. Mix that in with the fact that you have to mix and match resistance with voltage/wattage with a potential of getting burnt char taste in your mouth and it's all really a huge turn off for a lot of people. That being said, things like the Vea or Halo G6 or *insert fix voltage cig here* are a much more clean cut solution for people who just want to vape and not worry about variables. We as enthusiast vapers needs to face the facts: we're the guys/girls who buy old cars and really never stop working on them. LOL

/end tangent. I'll post a review of them when I get them. :2cool:

Love the VEAs. Still use mine- and they still hold a full charge after over 1.5 years. Some people only price shop and don't care if they get junk, as long as it is cheap. Will be ordering some to try out.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
If you owned VEA batteries, you'd know they are nothing like standard eGo batteries- other than having a similar size. If their new tank is anything like the VEAs, I am sure it will be great.

My bad. Allow me to rephrase. What I see LOOKS like a CE4 and eGo battery. Until now I've never heard of VEA. I've been vaping less than 2 months and I'm sure I'm not the only person whose never heard of it.
So put the pitchforks down and enjoy your smoke juice.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
If you owned VEA batteries, you'd know they are nothing like standard eGo batteries- other than having a similar size. If their new tank is anything like the VEAs, I am sure it will be great.
and not having eGo threads...I would wager if you cracked one open..you would find almost the EXACT SAME components in them

Sorry...it has a proprietary head on it...and a proprietary tank that is just a change up from a standard CE4...but it's still coming from China...
Their almost exact duplicate ain't that hard to find (only problem is you have to order em in BULK)
2012 Popular Hello-r5 E Cig - Buy E Cig,E Cigarette,Healthy Cig Product on Alibaba.com
E Cigarette Ce4 Mini - Buy Ce4 Mini,Mini E Cigarette,E Cig Mini Product on Alibaba.com
Newest Arrival High Quality Ego Ce4 Mini - Buy High Quality Ego Ce4,Mini Ce4,Ce4 Product on Alibaba.com

It's all good though...I just order from fasttech that gets them in bulk from alibaba that is just another middle man from the manufacturer...

I say kudo's to them...if they make tons of bank doing it...sweet!

If more people get off analogs...even sweeter!

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
and not having eGo threads...I would wager if you cracked one open..you would find almost the EXACT SAME components in them

Sorry...it has a proprietary head on it...and a proprietary tank that is just a change up from a standard CE4...but it's still coming from China...
Their almost exact duplicate ain't that hard to find (only problem is you have to order em in BULK)
2012 Popular Hello-r5 E Cig - Buy E Cig,E Cigarette,Healthy Cig Product on Alibaba.com
E Cigarette Ce4 Mini - Buy Ce4 Mini,Mini E Cigarette,E Cig Mini Product on Alibaba.com
Newest Arrival High Quality Ego Ce4 Mini - Buy High Quality Ego Ce4,Mini Ce4,Ce4 Product on Alibaba.com

It's all good though...I just order from fasttech that gets them in bulk from alibaba that is just another middle man from the manufacturer...

I say kudo's to them...if they make tons of bank doing it...sweet!

If more people get off analogs...even sweeter!

I didn't realize a 510 connection is proprietary. I guess my ProVaris also have proprietary connections.
They may have the same internals, but the build quality is nothing like FastTech specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread