Joyetech ego-c Twist ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The newest addition I guess

Increments of 0.2 with a simple twist ...

Joyetech eGo-C Twist Battery

For the people who do not want to click

ego-c-twist.jpg

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Probably over 90% of vapers would be happy with that..a lot probably wouldn't go over 4.2v..I bet these will get down to under $20 in a few months when they are sold under a different name.

I think that most people would quickly figure out that better vapes can be had at 4.8v than 4.2 on certain juice/atty combinations. I am beginning to accept as true a suspicion that I've had for some time now; that you get a better vape by arriving at X number of watts via higher volts/higher res than through lower volts/lower res. If you try to "disprove" that, I think you will lose. I think it has a lot to do with coil surface area.

And then, if you're talking about using 4.2 volts on as low a res as a 1.5 dual coil, you'd be getting only 5.8 watts per coil. At 4.8v, that goes up to 7.68, which would almost undoubtedly give a much better vape.

And I'll take that bet. I think Joyetech will be selling the Twist for about $29. I can't really see anyone beating that by such a large margin as you suggest, if anyone even has the resources or inclination to spend all of the R & D money that it would take to develop a similar device. At especially not in the next couple of months.

What's the wager? I suggest 30ml of the juice of the winner's choice.

I would love to try one of these. I don't think I would ever vape up to 6 volts anyway.

Bear in mind that vaping at 6 volts isn't like Spinal Taps' amps that "go up to 11" Even with a single coil 3ohm carto, 6 volts puts 12 watts to it, which is hardly a crazy amount. Six volts on a dual coil 2.0 ohm carto puts out 9 watts per coil; right in the sweet spot.

I think it's indisputable that a full-range (3-6V) VV device (or VW like the Darwin) is the best, and really only, way to go to get the best vape on just about any combination of juices and atty resistances. There are limitations, based on amperage, that limit most VV devices when powering very low res attys, but the higher the amp rating of the device, the less of a problem it is.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
...I think that most people would quickly figure out that better vapes can be had at 4.8v than 4.2 on certain juice/atty combinations..I think Joyetech will be selling the Twist for about $29. I can't really see anyone beating that by such a large margin as you suggest...

IDK I like 4.2v a lot on my LT so it would work for me (I use 2.5ohm CE2's mostly in tanks)..most users are used to around 3.5v or so on standard eGo's under load so I'm sure this will work and be popular as long as it works ok. $29 is the introductory price and they usually go lower..plus Joytech always sell for more than when they name them something else. So I'm sure in time they will be lower maybe under $20 under a different brand name.

My SmokeTech eGo's look identical to a Joytech yet they cost a bit less. I suspect they are made in the same factory too..I saw a video awhile ago where someone pulled apart a Joytech and a different named one the batteries in both devices said Joytech and were the same as was the chip.

This has been done with a lot of electronics for years they charge more for a "name brand" then sell the same thing with a different name for less..this way they profit from the "name brand" from those who pay for a name and they make money off people looking for a bargain ;)

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Six volts on a dual coil 2.0 ohm carto puts out 9 watts per coil; right in the sweet spot.

I thought around 7.5 watts was the higher of the desirable ranges? Just curious as I've seen 7.5w mentioned a bit while reading. The chart here doesn't seem to advise going above 8w.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I thought around 7.5 watts was the higher of the desirable ranges? Just curious as I've seen 7.5w mentioned a bit while reading. The chart here doesn't seem to advise going above 8w.

I have studied that chart before, and have just re-studied it, and I think that those wattages are far too low as a whole. What that chart indicates to be "maximum" wattages I would consider to be "minimum". The chart seems to be skewed toward optimizing coil life, where I tend to optimize what PBusardo refers to as "TFV"; throat hit, flavor, and vapor production.

Compare that chart to what he recommends for resistances at various voltages.

For example: PBusardo says that at 5 volts, resistances of between 2.0 and 3.5 ohms are best.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/topsecret/wordpress/volts-vs-ohms/

That is between 7.1 and 12.5 watts.

That chart recommends 4-ish to 8-ish watts for all the different resistances. I just think that's way, way off for maximizing TVF.

Also, this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/289202-highest-wattage-used-ecf-member.html backs up my position a heck of a lot more than even coming close to supporting the recommendations of that chart.

Again, I think it was oddly skewed toward atomizer life. Lastly, if coil life is a big concern, higher voltages and higher resistances seems to lead to longer coil life than lower voltages and lower resistances, from what I have read and judged to be credible.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
$29 is the introductory price and they usually go lower..plus Joytech always sell for more than when they name them something else. So I'm sure in time they will be lower maybe under $20 under a different brand name.

I'm not sure it's true that Joyetech ["they" = Joyetech?] typically sells its stuff to OEM's who then re-brand it. They might, it would just be news to me; OTOH, so are a lot of things. Also, they don't seem to me to be very much into "introductory prices", since eGo-C, -T, and other kits I've seen tend to start at one price, and pretty much stay there. They seem very much into "retail price maintenance", which is quite legit, and very different from "price fixing".

Since you're sure, do we have a bet then? You say there will be a [nearly identically in function] clone, or re-branded version, of the Joyetech eGo-Twist within 2 (a couple) of months, and that it will be priced under $20. I say no. So, 30 ml of the juice of the winner's choice?

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I'm not sure it's true that Joyetech ["they" = Joyetech?] typically sells its stuff to OEM's who then re-brand it. They might, it would just be news to me; OTOH, so are a lot of things. Also, they don't seem to me to be very much into "introductory prices", since eGo-C, -T, and other kits I've seen tend to start at one price, and pretty much stay there. They seem very much into "retail price maintenance", which is quite legit, and very different from "price fixing".

Since you're sure, do we have a bet then? You say there will be a [nearly identically in function] clone, or re-branded version, of the Joyetech eGo-Twist within 2 (a couple) of months, and that it will be priced under $20. I say no. So, 30 ml of the juice of the winner's choice?

The video was Riva and a Joyetech that were taken apart that showed the same insides including labeling (video below) There was also a video comparing circuit boards..at the very least most eGo's are an almost exact copy..if you look at these batteries they look like they rolled off the same line. I would pull apart one of my SmokTech's but none have gone bad yet. If Joyetech can sell them for $29 the day they are released I'm fairly certain the price will go down a lot...

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
I'm a vapor that like the 3.4-3.7 range, so a VV Ego-C Twist is gunna be perfect. So for me any yammering about how 4+ volts is not a concern, although it is educational. To be honest I do not understand the love affair of the high voltage/watts, but I will say I have never tried it,so dont shoot me yet. All I know on a 3.0 ohm carto and 3.7 to 4.2 tastes like somethings on fire and my lungs tell me to F&ck off. Now I may not know wtf i'm doing with ego batt's and sr carto's, but I do respect the high voltage vapors, I just dont understand it. Maybe a little education is in order.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
The video was Riva and a Joyetech that were taken apart that showed the same insides including labeling (video below) There was also a video comparing circuit boards..at the very least most eGo's are an almost exact copy..if you look at these batteries they look like they rolled off the same line. I would pull apart one of my SmokTech's but none have gone bad yet. If Joyetech can sell them for $29 the day they are released I'm fairly certain the price will go down a lot...

That is certainly a convincing case for Joyetech having supplied Riva with batteries for Riva sealed PV's. I will accept that as fact, and am glad I didn't definitively state otherwise.

We still have the original bet, which is whether or not the Twist will be similarly provided to other manufacturers to be re-branded. I'm thinking no, it won't be; at least not within two months, since Joyetech will be enjoying a mini-monoply on this nice little device. I can't really see them offering it to the competition in the near future.

As for pulling apart a Smoktech battery to see if there's a Joyetech inside; yeah, looking at the Smoktech website, their sealed passthrough "eGo" battery does look a lot like a Joyetech eGo, and just might have Joyetech innards (if not "outards"), but I still don't think we're going to see a Smoktech "Twist" any time soon (and less likely IMO that it would be in the next two months), for the reasons stated above.

So my wager stands; you said you would bet on it, so do we have a bet, as previously outlined?

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I'm a vapor that like the 3.4-3.7 range, so a VV Ego-C Twist is gunna be perfect. So for me any yammering about how 4+ volts is not a concern, although it is educational. To be honest I do not understand the love affair of the high voltage/watts, but I will say I have never tried it,so dont shoot me yet. All I know on a 3.0 ohm carto and 3.7 to 4.2 tastes like somethings on fire and my lungs tell me to F&ck off. Now I may not know wtf i'm doing with ego batt's and sr carto's, but I do respect the high voltage vapors, I just dont understand it. Maybe a little education is in order.

This could be the kind of juice and cartomizer you're using. I like eGo's a bit myself but the right juice in a 2.5ohm CE2 in a tank and 4.2 volts can be very nice..one of my favorite juices at 4.2 is Cotton Candy from MadVapes. You just have to be sure there is enough juice flowing to the coil too.

I can't imagine some of these volts some run though..I mean if you could feed juice fast enough to the coil you could run higher without burning it but I don't see any need to make more vapor than I get at 4.2 it can make my room "cloudy" at times. Feeding the juice faster at higher volts would keep it from getting hot enough to "burn" and would produce more vapor.

I was a pretty heavy smoker 1-2 packs a day and drinking I won't even say how much I could smoke at times because it was too too much (I smoked Marlboro red box for over 20 years) and the vapor I get at 4.2 is plenty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread