Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
This is true...although, you can re-coil atty's and pretty much never have to buy new ones.

I should send my 25 when they are due! And would you please put the stainless steel wicks in for me. Test each one, I'll include a bottle of e juice. Ha ha. A person could make a business of this ya know. Especially if we won't be able to buy Atties cheap anymore...which probably might not really happen too badly...I mean price increase or no availability and all that. Don't want to alk about that. I do need my own persoonal atty rebuilder though!

mommysnofun

Jun 1, 2010
Texas
I should send my 25 when they are due! And would you please put the stainless steel wicks in for me. Test each one, I'll include a bottle of e juice. Ha ha. A person could make a business of this ya know. Especially if we won't be able to buy Atties cheap anymore...which probably might not really happen too badly...I mean price increase or no availability and all that. Don't want to alk about that. I do need my own persoonal atty rebuilder though!

I don't think we need to worry to much about getting e-cig parts...ever really..sites may not be able to sell kits perhaps, but I doubt if China will stop making or selling parts...after all, you can buy plenty of designer knock off crap on the web, they do get shut down, but they re-open under a new names all the time...so, I think there's room to be optimistic...

SKEZ

Jan 27, 2013
CA
Thank You!! :) some say 400, some say 325 what's the difference?

I haven't attempted this yet but I would figure that the 350 has less mesh making bigger holes between the stainless steel strands in the mesh. This is also just a guess but the only thing I would change from the video on page 77 is I would use a high content rubbing alcohol instead of vodka. Its cheaper and evaporates faster and would clean it faster and better.

mommysnofun

Jun 1, 2010
Texas
I haven't attempted this yet but I would figure that the 350 has less mesh making bigger holes between the stainless steel strands in the mesh. This is also just a guess but the only thing I would change from the video on page 77 is I would use a high content rubbing alcohol instead of vodka. Its cheaper and evaporates faster and would clean it faster and better.

Thank you again, I'll get some today...might as well get both sizes. I need another usb charger anyway so I can charge both of my pcc's at the same time.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I use 325 mesh, im not sure what the result from 400 are like but the 325 seems to add a little kick to the device. I can hear it crackling quite a bit with it as well

I guess I must be a vaping philistine because I can't tell a nickel's worth of difference in vapor, throat hit nor taste between a new atty out of the box and one I dry burned with a replacement 400 stainless mesh wick. :confused:

Maybe with the 400 you should roll a more loose wick. You need to improve the flow from the stock wick to get a better vape

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I use 325 mesh, im not sure what the result from 400 are like but the 325 seems to add a little kick to the device. I can hear it crackling quite a bit with it as well

Maybe with the 400 you should roll a more loose wick. You need to improve the flow from the stock wick to get a better vape

Thanks for the info. I'll try a looser roll next time. If that doesn't make a difference I'll pick up some 325 mesh.

Palerider

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Behind you
So I take it from what I'm reading, you guys are wicking with the mesh for the best flavor, not to save attys? Correct?
I'm intrigued...where do I get the mesh...OKC? what site is that?

OKC Vapes - Oklahoma's Premier Supplier of Electronic Cigarettes, E-Liquid, and Accessories!

I used 400mesh...some people like 325 or 500. I think in the middle is good for both thick and runny juice...works great! It also saves atty's, since it is easy to clean and does not burn like other wicking material. :)

Palerider

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Behind you
Thanks for the info. I'll try a looser roll next time. If that doesn't make a difference I'll pick up some 325 mesh.
I use 400 with no problems at all....I will say that I did not roll a super tight wick and I made sure the paperclip "tube" was intact after trimming. This mesh also helps to reduce flooding the atty with runny e-liquids.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I too use the 325 but don't know a thing about 400...if you roll it too tight, just use a tooth pick or something and open up a hole in the middle...this stuff is really easy and vapes great!! I also rolled wick for my Reo's- they all have SS 325 wick now instead of silica wick and I'm loving it! Dry hits (if you get one) isn't bad- just harsh...major throat hit! Then you know w/ a Reo it's time to squonk, or with an eRoll, either the tank is empty or you have an air bubble- easy remedy...just pull it off and flick it with your finger (like you would a hyperdermic syringe) and it's good to go again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread