Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Well looks like a bit of sleuthing has turned up a site that will begin to take preorders although I do not when but here it is in its glory:
Joyetech VT 60w | MelodyVapes.com

To note: this elegomall or whichever has since removed their blog posting about the preorder and is no where on that site

Reactions: jstrong

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The eVic Supreme is $159, so if this thing is for real, I doubt it will be less than that.
That logic makes sense, but the landscape of mods and pricing has changed a lot in the last 6 months or so. 50w mods are $50 any day of the week. And sometimes even at local b&m for that price or slightly higher. When the Supreme came out, it's price was a reflection of the time... Today, $90 is more in line with a China made device IMHO.

Those $200 to $350 box mods (hana anyone?) in my opinion are over. $150 is the new $350.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
That logic makes sense, but the landscape of mods and pricing has changed a lot in the last 6 months or so. 50w mods are $50 any day of the week. And sometimes even at local b&m for that price or slightly higher. When the Supreme came out, it's price was a reflection of the time... Today, $90 is more in line with a China made device IMHO.

Those $200 to $350 box mods (hana anyone?) in my opinion are over. $150 is the new $350.
I honestly don't see this mod being more then $60 (pretty lowball I know) if the general scheme of TC mods coming out of china relates to this.
About the 250-300 range unfortunately is still sticking around. I was putzing around vapordna and they're about to sell a $300 VF dna 40 with a White cerakote finish. Looks sick AF but good luck to them to try to sell it. Honestly knowing diehards and fans I'm sure it will sellout.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Top shelf Joyetech products have never been cheap, affordable, but not cheap. The Yihi SX-M ($180) is selling like hotcakes, and most comparable DNA40 devices are well north of $100, so I still don't see why this TC device will be anything less than $150....but that would sure be nice if it is!
Well I was pretty sure I'm low balling it on the price lol but there is a preorder for $90 usd on a french site (not that it means much). We'll see tho the competition is "heating" up... Haha ok ok terrible pun giving the mod.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I honestly don't see this mod being more then $60 (pretty lowball I know) if the general scheme of TC mods coming out of china relates to this.
About the 250-300 range unfortunately is still sticking around. I was putzing around vapordna and they're about to sell a $300 VF dna 40 with a White cerakote finish. Looks sick AF but good luck to them to try to sell it. Honestly knowing diehards and fans I'm sure it will sellout.
With all due respect to Vaporflask. After a dna40 retrofit, I can't see a $240+ price differences between the authentic and a clone with a real dna40. The quality of my waidea is excellent (case/shell/enclosure). The only weak points are the buttons which seem to be chrome plated brass? Or plastic. That's it. AFAIK.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I really hope you're right. If it's a Joyetech device that works as well as everything else I've ever owned of theirs, AND it's under $100, I'll own one sooner than expected....and a whole lot of other people will too!
I'd be willing to bet the evic VT (or whatever) will be under $100. These guys (Joyetech eleaf) are smart. Sell more at lower margins, but sell Em by the thousands. It really does make better business sense. At least to me it does.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Considering that the VT appears to have cast metal top and bottom plates and an extruded main body vs the previous eVic, which has machined Stainless steel body, top cap, bottom cap, and control ring, then maybe they are planning on a much more affordable device. I guess we'll find out soon enough. (I'm still betting it'll be in the $150 neighborhood)

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Cool! Where did you see this info?
I know that I found a french site that is preordering few days ago for about 79 euros which translates to about $90 usd.
Le tout nouveau Evic VT de Joyetech
However it will be easily over that amount due to shipping and what looks like a tax

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread