Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
If your gear works, and it's keeping you off the smokes, you've got it on a string. I will seond the Mooch chart for batteries, and that the I4 is a good charger. I used it myself. I don't know your gear, but this isn't unusual. I'm an old fuddy duddy who still uses mechanical mods a lot.

I will recommend you think about getting a spare kit against the day yours goes south. They all do, sooner or later.

Youdoofus

Apr 16, 2019
These are all my batteries. I know that 4 are the ones that go in the sleeve that make them fit and the black and yellow ones fit without it. I'm going back up to the battery guide to check the differences now.

Attachments

• 20190416_194534.jpg
    20190416_194534.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
oh, i also have a Efrest LUC 2 cell charger for home use. I heep the Nitecore at work so i dont USB charge the cells, which i heard wasnt good... Dont know how true that is, but i dont USB charge just to avoid any issues

mostly applies to dual cell mods. USB often charges them uneven

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
These are all my batteries. I know that 4 are the ones that go in the sleeve that make them fit and the black and yellow ones fit without it. I'm going back up to the battery guide to check the differences now.
Pink are 30q. They have a cdr of 15 amps. Green are 25r. They are 20 amps.

Reactions: Youdoofus

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
There exist 3 different versions of the iJoy 20700. The 1st version is 30 amps CDR and has 5 legs with no tabs between the legs; this version is a rewrap of the good performing Molicel INR20700A. The 2nd version is only 20 amps CDR and has 4 legs; this version offers about 30% less vaping time when compared to the 1st one. The 3rd version has a CDR that was estimated by Mooch to be 20 amps, estimated = due to big cell-to-cell variations, i.e. inconsistencies in the CDR big enough to suggest this could be a China manufactured cell, and has 5 legs with tabs between the legs; this version does perform noticeably better than the 2nd one despite the rating of 40 amps on the wrap is still hugely overrated, which is quite unfortune IMO because the true CDR of this particular cell is still only half that.

1st and 2nd version:
ikrn5bx.jpg

Newest (3rd) version:
09fb3bfc-523f-4e2c-b4e0-30583a60c1ec-jpeg.761521

Youdoofus

Apr 16, 2019
There exist 3 different versions of the iJoy 20700. The 1st version is 30 amps CDR and has 5 legs with no tabs between the legs; this version is a rewrap of the good performing Molicel INR20700A. The 2nd version is only 20 amps CDR and has 4 legs; this version offers about 30% less vaping time when compared to the 1st one. The 3rd version has a CDR that was estimated by Mooch to be 20 amps, estimated = due to big cell-to-cell variations, i.e. inconsistencies in the CDR big enough to suggest this could be a China manufactured cell, and has 5 legs with tabs between the legs; this version does perform noticeably better than the 2nd one despite the rating of 40 amps on the wrap is still hugely overrated, which is quite unfortune IMO because the true CDR of this particular cell is still only half that.

man, yall are good!! im very glad i decided to ask about this. I figured there was a lot to learn as i see lots for sale of 100 batteries on fleabay from time to time, and the descriptions are super vague and seem iffy at best. Im-a keep on here and absorb what i can. I appreciate the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread