Just curious. Has anyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkywins

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Tampa, FL
I am just curious, Has anyone on this site or heard of anyone in general using E-cigs and never smoked a cigarette or used tobacco products?

I can say for sure that it's happened. my girlfriend was a complete non smoker and she's taken up my old cig-alike batteries. She vapes either 0 or .6 nic juices and complains that my 12-18mg's give her horrid headaches ;x

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This past June my daughter turned 18. A little background: She was never a smoker, but smoked hookah socially with her friends in a local hookah bar (don't ask and no comments). Most of her friends smoke cigarettes, as do her brother and boyfriend. She always took an active interest in my vaping, and I allowed her to taste my newer flavors.

For her birthday she asked for her own mod setup to vape 0 nicotine flavored juice. She enjoyed the flavors and wanted it to be able to vape with her smoking friends, and to help her to relax while studying.

I debated over the wisdom of this, but rationalized she would soon be old enough to buy her own, and possibly even start smoking due to the crowd she was hanging out with. She was counting on me and my experience to get her a quality setup. So, I ended up getting her the below setup.

A pink and purple AltSmoke BB with color matched iClear 30 clearomizers, a Nitecore Intellicharger i2, four AW 14500 IMR batteries, and threw in an old eGo carrying case to store everything in. I also got her a couple bottles of 0 nicotine juice in the flavors she requested.

BB.jpg pinkblackandpurpleBBs.jpg

Since June, she has successfully converted her boyfriend and a few of her friends over to vaping instead of smoking. Even her mother (my ex) was "stealing" her PV when she was out of smokes (she apparently wasn't aware they didn't have nicotine).

When I heard about this, I made an offer to her. I would pay-it-forward an iTaste MVP that I had won for free in a raffle for her try to quit smoking. If she quit, she could keep it, if not I get it back. So far she's doing great with the MVP, and she has gotten a few of her co-workers interested in getting their own MVP.

So, in the end this has worked out great for a large number of people. I had no idea that this would work out the way it has.

Last edited:

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
One of my brother's friends vapes, and my brother partakes a bit with him. He'll also have an occasional pipe with another friend. I recently showed him a site that offers customization options on liquid, including 0-nic, {MODERATED} . He doesn't care so much about the nicotine. Just the social function, flavor, and {MODERATED} lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This past June my daughter turned 18. A little background: She was never a smoker, but smoked hookah socially with her friends in a local hookah bar (don't ask and no comments). Most of her friends smoke cigarettes, as do her brother and boyfriend. She always took an active interest in my vaping, and I allowed her to taste my newer flavors.

For her birthday she asked for her own mod setup to vape 0 nicotine flavored juice. She enjoyed the flavors and wanted it to be able to vape with her smoking friends, and to help her to relax while studying.

Very good example, exactly what I was asking. Thanks for sharing.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have 2 friends who absolutely abhor smoking and they took up vaping. One is a mild asthmatic even and she hasn't had any issues though I'm not sure how smart it is really. They love it though. They go with a 6-8 mg nic, which I advised against but they're grown so it's on them.

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia

I debated over the wisdom of this, but rationalized she would soon be old enough to buy her own, and possibly even start smoking due to the crowd she was hanging out with. She was counting on me and my experience to get her a quality setup. So, I ended up getting her the below setup.

A pink and purple AltSmoke BB with color matched iClear 30 clearomizers, a Nitecore Intellicharger i2, four AW 14500 IMR batteries, and threw in an old eGo carrying case to store everything in. I also got her a couple bottles of 0 nicotine juice in the flavors she requested.

View attachment 255348 View attachment 255349

Since June, she has successfully converted her boyfriend and a few of her friends over to vaping instead of smoking. Even her mother (my ex) was "stealing" her PV when she was out of smokes (she apparently wasn't aware they didn't have nicotine).

When I heard about this, I made an offer to her. I would pay-it-forward an iTaste MVP that I had won for free in a raffle for her try to quit smoking. If she quit, she could keep it, if not I get it back. So far she's doing great with the MVP, and she has gotten a few of her co-workers interested in getting their own MVP.

So, in the end this has worked out great for a large number of people. I had no idea that this would work out the way it has.

Listen to this guys story's he is the one that convinced me i should start vaping, I have always been a non smoker, ever dipped or used any type of tobacco, i wanted to Vape to have something to relax me and to keep me from eating snacks all day, I have been vaping two months, my only regret is that In the start i thought I be happy with one or two juices but thats not true, i want to try so many different ones, so far i have tried about 10 maybe.

That is great about the ex wife, had not heard you tell that one before. So glad Your daughter got the bf off smokes. I wish i could change more folks over but i really do not hang out with that many nor have the funds to say her this is yours, i did give a ego and a ce4 to my gfs brother however.

So yes I vape but only 0 nicotine

Trooch

Sep 26, 2013
CT, USA
Yes indeed. Earlier this week my cousin came with me to the vape store. She's never smoked a day in her life & is supporting my attempt to quit cigarettes for good. I was showing her the different models & flavors available. She spotted a flavor called Carmel Macchiato ......(hook)....then found out you can get it with 0mg nicotine (line)...........starter kit $19.99 (SINKER).
She's been a proper pain in the ... since. Got a vaping buddy now though.

Friend of mine asked me about ecigs a year or so ago, and she's never touched a cigarette, drugs, or anything else in that vein. Don't know why, I probably mentioned them in passing once(never vaped, still waiting on my kit in the mail), but I smoked for several years before switching to Snus.
Asked her why she was even thinking about it, pointing to it possibly being a gateway to a nasty, nasty habit. Her response? "I dunno."
Felt like she just wanted the whole smoker appearance thing. Like it's an "adult" and "independent" thing to do. I don't even know if she was planning on getting liquid with nicotine in it, but getting the impression she just wanted to start it because it would've been some dumb type of adult choice drove me up a wall. Couldn't chew her ear off about it enough.
It's like the stereotypical argument about it being a gateway to analogs for highschoolers that's getting spun a lot lately. Except she was in her 20s.
In the end it was none of my business(though she asked!), but I don't think she ever picked up ecigs.

Claudius: 1, Live and let live: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread