just curious how long did you smoke after you got a e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkjet21

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
ohio
Ok i smoked 1.5 packs a day for 23 years and just up and quit after 1.5 days of vapin.and the .5 day i only had 1/2 a smoke cus it was nasty.and haven't looked back in over 2 month now. and can honestly say I'm never going back to them nasty skinkin things. now i have gotten 5 friends or family members to buy a e-cig and none of them seems to be able to quit the smokes completely. I just find it weird that after you try e-cigs that you would want to smoke them nasties again.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I smoked a carton/week for 35+ years, ending 1/15/2010.

After delivery, two hours of making sure the battery was fully charged ... put the PV together, took a few drags which took me by surprise in their hit, and I was basically finished with cigarettes instantly.

Several times over the next two months I lit up cigarettes. The first time I had underestimated the battery power needed to make it through a work day and bummed a cigarette off a co-worker. The other time, I lit up one of the MANY leftovers I had on hand at home ... but, I couldn't take more than a few drags and then put it out.

For what it's worth: When I quit smoking, I had three cartons on hand and five more in transit by USPS which were delivered a few days later. So, having eight cartons in hand was a bummer ... I had no desire to smoke them. Sold a few cartons for cheap, gave a few more away, and literally threw the balance in the garbage can.

I know that some people have a more difficult time putting down the coffin nails and I consider myself fortunate. But, my story is far from unique. To anyone struggling ... hang in there ... if you want to get rid of cigarettes, you WILL succeed evetually.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
45+ years PAD smoker. Got a Blu in june of 2009 and cut out 5-6 analogs a day, got a Janty Mini-fogger (306) in july 2009 and cut out 10-15 analogs. Got a 510 in August 2009 and quit analogs altogether 8/8/2009. Granted; I was vaping 36mg. juice at the start, but I slowly cut down the strength to where I'm now vaping 6mg. (and sometimes 0mg.) and analog free for 16 months. Good Luck!

SomeTool

Oct 18, 2010
Midwest
My eGo arrived in the mail at around 2pm on a Saturday but I had already bought a pack of smokes for the day earlier that morning so I went ahead and finished the pack that day without trying the eGo. I started with some 18mg/ml butterscotch almond from FSUSA Sunday morning thinking I could always run over to 7-11 for a pack of smokes if it didn't work out but I never did. That was about 9 weeks ago and I haven't had an analog since. I was a pack a day smoker for over 20 years.

Badbeams3

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Tampa
Think I remember about a month. I also ended up ordering a high nic juice. Kept my body swamped with nic...probable to much. But got me off cigs altogether. Then I order o nic juice. Vaped both. And after a while just the 0. Then slowly, without any suffering...but a little determination, quit vaping. For or about 6 months. At Downtown Disney...they have a fine cigar store. Thought I would enjoy a good ciger...shouldn`t get me...you don`t inhale after all. Well, I was wrong. Not only did that cigar taste damm good...it got me...yea I must have been inhaling it. So I`m back to vaping but not afraid at all...I now know I can quit again.

But my wallets taking a beating as I could not find much of my old e-cig stuff. Had to order anew :(

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Never smoked again after I bought my kit. I did almost faulter the next day though.. I kept my cigars w/me in the car for a month before I gave them away, just in case. Silly it was but you know how smokers are. I'm so glad I persevered. I actually like vaping better than smoking. I do vape more than I smoked though.

inkjet21

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
ohio
ya its been over 2 months now and i still have a 1/2 pack in the truck. not that i need them or would even consider smoking one that old. i have just been vapin soo much i haven't had time to clean the truck out:). my one buddy kills me he dropped the 60 bucks for a starter kit and i hooked him up with some juice then when the 3 ml juice i gave him was gone he went back to smoking i asked him wheres the e-cig..out of juice..i said buy some here is a few places to try...he said man that stuff is like 5 bucks a bottle thats to much...i said ya 5 bucks for 10 packs of smokes??? too much.. hes is a idiot.. i bet i could get his hardware cheap in a few more days:)

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Jeez, I feel like such a loser, compared to you guys! I was a 15 cig/day smoker for 23 years. When I got my first kit, I was able to cut down to 3 per day, within the first 2 weeks. Giving up those last 3 was much more difficult for me and it took over a year, but I did it and will have 4 months analog free on Christmas Eve:)

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Jeez, I feel like such a loser, compared to you guys! I was a 15 cig/day smoker for 23 years. When I got my first kit, I was able to cut down to 3 per day, within the first 2 weeks. Giving up those last 3 was much more difficult for me and it took over a year, but I did it and will have 4 months analog free on Christmas Eve:)

I think you're only kidding about the loser comment but --

Everyone goes at their own pace and some of us might even relapse. I do know I've seen folks continue a bad behavior fed by either intended or unintended negative thought patterns. So dump the loser load.

Congrats Ocean and enjoy your Christmas Eve. I think you deserve a new special PV to celebrate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread