imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will clear up things for you bar. Whats in preorder:

SS justGG
brass justGG (except its collector tank and its 510 lid)

Stealth new cap that you can put on justGG by removing its own cap so you can have an even smaller look (you miss AD control like this and the native GGTS base)

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but where is the telescopic mouthpiece? Pre-order, production, for sale somewhere that I haven't seen?

Oh, and for that matter, does a shorty ithaka work with any other mouthpiece (albeit too long of one)? If I have no top tank piece above the glass, I end up without enough clearance to go over the lip at the point where it widens. I had been toying with the idea of cutting one of them down, but I'm pretty sure that lip would go all the way through, so would take some finagling... I managed to make it work with the shorty mouthpiece from the Odysseus, but I don't think those will be made again any time soon, so I'd hate to modify it.

Would prefer the new mouthpiece if it's not months away...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
preorders are finished and I send the package to Bruce and Greek seller eric. I think that in a week sales will start
Maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but where is the telescopic mouthpiece? Pre-order, production, for sale somewhere that I haven't seen?

Phr³³k

Jul 1, 2012
Germany
Here are a few pictures and thoughts about the new brass parts.

I assume the new alloy was used for the brass pack as well Imeo?

A few posts earlier someone stated about the quick colour differences when the new brass parts
get contact with sweat - which should apply to anyone who uses it's GG.

LTR:
1. added the button to GGTB and never used it - looks very shiny and golden which looks extremely good
2. about 10 times fired on my Stealth with slightly darkening parts in front
3. about 1 day usage with more darkening parts in front of the button

left: 10 times fired, middle 1 day used and the button in front is used more than two weeks
(i assume because i traded it with ss head) and finally the good old brass alloy on the right side which is more yellow and mat (i never polished it because i like the mat look).

If every parts darkens as much as the front button head does, it doesn't will look well for a device completely
in brass or even a brass part updated device (GGTS, GGS, JGG)

In the beginning it is more shiny but i can't use it as it will get darker every use, which i personally don't like.
I did not try to polish as i never did on any GG devices, just normal cleaning, and everything was fine.

So what do you think about the colour differences with the new brass parts?

cheers phk

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
Phr³³k;10217860 said:
Here are a few pictures and thoughts about the new brass parts.

I assume the new alloy was used for the brass pack as well Imeo?

A few posts earlier someone stated about the quick colour differences when the new brass parts
get contact with sweat - which should apply to anyone who uses it's GG.

LTR:
1. added the button to GGTB and never used it - looks very shiny and golden which looks extremely good
2. about 10 times fired on my Stealth with slightly darkening parts in front
3. about 1 day usage with more darkening parts in front of the button

left: 10 times fired, middle 1 day used and the button in front is used more than two weeks
(i assume because i traded it with ss head) and finally the good old brass alloy on the right side which is more yellow and mat (i never polished it because i like the mat look).

If every parts darkens as much as the front button head does, it doesn't will look well for a device completely
in brass or even a brass part updated device (GGTS, GGS, JGG)

In the beginning it is more shiny but i can't use it as it will get darker every use, which i personally don't like.
I did not try to polish as i never did on any GG devices, just normal cleaning, and everything was fine.

So what do you think about the colour differences with the new brass parts?

cheers phk

Consider yourself lucky in regards to how dark yours has become after 2 weeks. Some people like Rivernut have theirs turn almost black. Mine get alot darker than yours but not as bad as Rivernut. It has alot to do with the individual body chemistry I think.

I personally love the patina of the old brass, but I will have to see how dark my new brass gets before I can determine if I like it or not.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
THIS was my concern. I have brass. I LIKE brass. Yes, if you want it shiny, it takes work and polish. Body chemistry DOES play a factor. Absolutely. But I have seen some pics and read some opinions about the alloy. Brass "changes color" at a different rate than the "alloy". I don't have the new stuff so my comparison is based only on what I've seen and been told. I let mine patina almost always. I'm just worried if a couple of days it patinas or turns an evil color. :(

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
20130727_113426.jpg
THIS was my concern. I have brass. I LIKE brass. Yes, if you want it shiny, it takes work and polish. Body chemistry DOES play a factor. Absolutely. But I have seen some pics and read some opinions about the alloy. Brass "changes color" at a different rate than the "alloy". I don't have the new stuff so my comparison is based only on what I've seen and been told. I let mine patina almost always. I'm just worried if a couple of days it patinas or turns an evil color. :(

4 days, I imagine it will darken up quite a bit.

I pre-ordered the brass JGG, so I am a little worried about it. I might end up polishing and lacquering it when it gets here.

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
View attachment 235702

4 days, I imagine it will darken up quite a bit.

I pre-ordered the brass JGG, so I am a little worried about it. I might end up polishing and lacquering it when it gets here.

I'm thinking the same with lacquer coating. My brass now is shiny as could be after a Sharkshide polish. I like to polish them once a week anyway. We'll see when we gettem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread