Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
No, I have not tried the Canadian 2mm but from what I have read the 12 strand looks very similar or the same as the original Lovepedal.

BJ did you ever try the Canadian 2mm hemp?

I will admit I bought it a while back and have been in other vaping endeavors since, and haven't got to try it. But it was super plush...almost cotton like....much more so than the lovepedal 2mm I got (not the good lovepedal stuff).

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
United States, Scotland...
Well crap. I totally misread the title of this thread.

I thought I was posting in the Just Hump forum.

My bad
Really? Well I'm told that they have other sites for that sort of thing, and this isn't one of them. :nah:
They also have other places too called dog kennels...:glare:
First you started on me, and now this! I don't consider that, or this last post as only being "pilot error". :mad:
Unless you're a Kamikaze...

Last edited:

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Lovepedal just emailed that they sent me a sample of their new 12 strand 2mm to test, I will report back on results.
Getting back on the topic...
BJ have you received the 12 strand, 2mm for testing from lovepedal yet?
If so, how is it and will this be available? If it will be, do you have any idea when it will be available? Thanks!

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Getting back on the topic...
BJ have you received the 12 strand, 2mm for testing from lovepedal yet?
If so, how is it and will this be available? If it will be, do you have any idea when it will be available? Thanks!
No I haven't received it yet, it takes a week to 10 day to get to me here on the island. If you are anxious just get the 1mm and double it. I use the 1mm doubled or quadrupled as much as the 2mm. I also gave Lovepedal the link to the Canadian site to see if she could get that and sell it in smaller amounts for less and cheaper shipping.

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
No I haven't received it yet, it takes a week to 10 day to get to me here on the island. If you are anxious just get the 1mm and double it. I use the 1mm doubled or quadrupled as much as the 2mm. I also gave Lovepedal the link to the Canadian site to see if she could get that and sell it in smaller amounts for less and cheaper shipping.
Great idea giving Lovepedal that link too! :2c: Just keep us posted, although I already know that you will continue as you've been doing all along. I'm sure that I'm not only speaking for myself when I tell you how much I appreciate all of your efforts and information. Thanks! :)

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Fully enjoying my lovepedal 1mm. Also, I've been pretty successful with wick out -> dry burn coil and wash -> rewick method on my vapeonly tank. I tried putting in less number of wicks(only two as opposed to four, but with a feeder wick on top) just because it was alot easier to get the wicks through when rewicking and it still performs great, plus that rope taste I had to go through for about half tank disappeared completely! Now it tastes just awesome from the very first vape even with brand new hemp wicks.
One happy vaper!

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I use the 1mm on most of my bottom coil setups. Two strands thru the coil and then 1 to 3 feeder strands. Hemp is excellent at wicking and can sometimes over wick a bottom coil. More feeder strands constricts the wick going thru the slots and reduces gurgling and leaking. It is a hit or miss thing and not difficult to add or remove a small feeder wick. Strange how my original over wick from a long time ago is now a flavor wick or a feeder wick. The evolution of vaping.
All on hemp:

thedesbois

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Montreal, Canada
BJ did you ever try the Canadian 2mm hemp?

I will admit I bought it a while back and have been in other vaping endeavors since, and haven't got to try it. But it was super plush...almost cotton like....much more so than the lovepedal 2mm I got (not the good lovepedal stuff).

I have the Canadian 2mm 12 strands from Rawganique. It worked very well OOTB after 3 boils in distilled water. Only thing is it remained a bit stiff. Stiffer than cotton. It would warp in the IGO and do strange moves, not sticking to the bottom.

I remember someone comparing organic (non bleached) cotton cheese cloth vs bleached in a youtube video. To his surprise, the bleached cotton cheese cloth wicked better. Explanation he came with was that maybe the bleaching attacked the fibers in a way as to make them wick better.

So I bleached my Canadian hemp! Came out white and smelly of bleach. After 3 15 minutes boiling in distilled water, no more smell. Seems smoother. And now wicks even a bit better and is less stiff. Much more like cotton, only better. :)

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
I have the Canadian 2mm 12 strands from Rawganique. It worked very well OOTB after 3 boils in distilled water. Only thing is it remained a bit stiff. Stiffer than cotton. It would warp in the IGO and do strange moves, not sticking to the bottom.

I remember someone comparing organic (non bleached) cotton cheese cloth vs bleached in a youtube video. To his surprise, the bleached cotton cheese cloth wicked better. Explanation he came with was that maybe the bleaching attacked the fibers in a way as to make them wick better.

So I bleached my Canadian hemp! Came out white and smelly of bleach. After 3 15 minutes boiling in distilled water, no more smell. Seems smoother. And now wicks even a bit better and is less stiff. Much more like cotton, only better. :)

Dang, knew I should have bought the white instead of natural!!! :)

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California

Dang, knew I should have bought the white instead of natural!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread