Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
do people take out the batteries from their mods at night? I have 5-7 mods in my daily rotation and have never thought to take all those batteries out for the night. I do make sure all the mods are shut down.

Reason I ask is because there is a thread started by someone’s mod vented in the middle of the night and now everyone is posting their opinions.

I kinda forgot about my Joytech pen that leaked overnight and started autofiring and venting. Fortunately I was sitting there when it happened. I’d guess I left it on as well.

So I’m curious as to what others are doing regarding battery/mod safety when not in use for 8-10 hours.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
It never occurred to me to take all the batteries out. I'm lucky if I remember to turn them off. And I know I leave a few on overnight because I wake up frequently and vape. Either I've been lucky or it's OK to leave them in overnight.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Never take my batteries out, or turn them off. For a while I got into the habit of turning them off when I was using Sigelei 30's. Once in a while the screen would stay on at the dim setting overnight until the battery ran down to 2 volts. Lost a few batteries that way. I threw them out when I got an iStick and a Provari.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
That is a very good question. Some might say that we need protected and there should be regulations. Others, on the other hand, might say that the owner themself is responsible.

Their is a real conundrum there and how we answer it says a lot about us.

I suspect most people will be in the middle.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If I am not sure about a mod, or know it's a drainer.. Yes!
My normal work a day mods always have batteries in them.

My Snorting Boar 11.1 volt mod gets the battery pulled as it drains it pretty badly.
My Think Vape Thor has the batteries removed cause I don't trust it.

Batteries stay in my eleaf Pico's (25's, Squonk and 21700's) as well as my DNA75 and 200 and in my PMW builds.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
If I had to take all of my batteries out of all my mods every night and put them back in in the morning, I'd never get to sleep. That said, some mods will drain batteries... Even when shut off...

That’s what I’m talking about! Taking out and storing all those batteries seems ridiculous. I suppose I could keep fewer mods in my daily rotation but I love having so many options. Ive turned into a very spoiled vaper lol!!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have a few built-in battery mods, so it's not under my control. Maybe remove tanks / pods?
I'm not sweating this one. Stuff that wakes me up at night involves the loo or the cat, and either explodes!
upload_2019-1-19_23-10-15.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-19_23-9-44.png
    upload_2019-1-19_23-9-44.png
    183 bytes · Views: 5

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
This OP was made 5 hours ago and no replies. Looks like a drive by except the poster is an ecf veteran.
I dunno.

Not sure why you respond like this to my post. I’m on ECF daily so I’m most certainly not a drive by.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
It never occurred to me to take all the batteries out. I'm lucky if I remember to turn them off. And I know I leave a few on overnight because I wake up frequently and vape. Either I've been lucky or it's OK to leave them in overnight.

I use to leave all mine on as well but lately I’m trying to get in the habit of turning them all off even the one next to my bed.

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Reactions: stols001

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anything I vape regularly (all regulated) batts (18650's) stay in and they stay turned on.

When I was vaping mech tube mods I would unscrew the tube a bit so the button couldn't make contact, even if the mod had a locking switch. I left the battery in my Reo.

If I'm not going to use a mod for about a week, I take the batts out. Same for phones, laptops, tools, anything with removable batteries. If any battery operated device gives me any sense there might be a problem with it the batts come out unless I'm working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread