just pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
i can't believe i'm forced to post here but puresmoker leaves me no alternative because i am not ok with standing in line pretending as if this company is doing me a favor, or that their method of doing business is reasonable. puresmoker has a post stating it updates its reports on stock daily. yet, i see posts on the twitter widget that are 10+ days old with very little mention of what is in stock. today's post? new adapters. no mention of anything else.

they'll gladly take your money upon order but then provide vague and obtuse responses related to orders, or when they intend to deliver. nope, ain't gonna fly no more. how about some specifics? and if you can't deliver specifics, just like you can't deliver the protege, then refund my money because i'm tired of your tying up my funds and receiving blithe and casual responses. in fact just refund me the money because i find doing this distasteful and uneccessary. my order number is 21119.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey dperino ...

If I knew specifics, I would gladly post them. You have this *thought* in your head that we are somehow hiding something or holding something back from the customer, which isn't the case.

My goal is to get product to market as quickly and efficiently as possible. People who ordered the Protege/PS USBpass, etc... understood and went in to ordering such a device knowing it was a preorder and there would likely be a wait.

Many times, there are no updates, and we are slowly waiting on parts to get made. I'm not entirely sure how an update like this would mean too much, considering the bottom line is there is still a wait.

As always, we have never turned away someone for wanting a refund either. You decided to go with a preordered product, and if you want to have that order canceled and refunded, we have no issues doing so.

I'm sorry you feel our company is pathetic, but we try to stay as open, honest, and transparent as we can.

if you would like a refund for your order, please contact Casey at info@puresmoker.com and she will be happy to take care of that for you.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I'm still not entirely sure what you were trying to accomplish? You would like a refund, and were unhappy with the wait? It doesn't take a post like this to get something accomplished. You email Casey at info@puresmoker.com, state you would like a refund, and it gets taken care of. You don't even need to give a reason for all we care.

Last edited:

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
for the record. when someone makes a major purchase with your company perhaps you could "massage" them a bit. you know, take the incentive to communicate in some way that provides more details then what is offered here on ecf or your website. look at the posts here, do you find people who obviously are looking for info updates over and over again a humorous thing? do you think all of these people appreciate the wait you are putting them through?

i find it odd that you can refer to my account in such a short period of time but can't seem to muster up an email response similarly. i stated it on my last email to your company, i just asked for some communication. but this seems to be a one way street with puresmoker, it's predicated on customer initiation. now i'm sure you find this unreasonable but what i find unreasonable is having to go through your hoops with no intent on puresmoker's part to, at the very least, send some type of notification that implicitly states what is going on. instead, i hear crickets chirping. and by the way, your daily stock updates on twitter are bogus.

my fault in this is not noticing the transaction was for a pre-order. had i known this i wouldn't have made the purchase. i looked for something that was in stock with other vendors, feeling the prodegy fit the bill. damned it all if this didn't turn out to be exactly what i was trying to avoid.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
I just want to point out a few things about this situation that are a bit out of context, dperino. The only emails you ever sent to us were all answered within 24 hours, and in the last email you even apologized and admitted yourself that you did not take the time to read on the website that there was a 2-3 week wait time for shipping on the item you ordered. When information is posted and not read, that does not fall under the category of a lack of updates.

If you have an issue with the Twitter updates, I'm sorry, but as Steve stated, most of the time we are sitting here waiting for updates ourselves. It can take several days to run a single piece of the device. I don't really think it's necessary to post 10 days in a row "Adapters are being run out. Still a 2-3 week wait on Proteges." Then people would complain that the page was cluttered with useless information.

I'm also confused by your post stating, "too bad it takes something along the lines of pitching a major ..... to gain attention."

Please let me know any time we have ignored a request from you that would cause you to post that.

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
I don't like waiting for stuff either but there is a wait for most of these mods. You order a chuck, you wait for it to be built. Some of the other mods are preorder only from what I have seen. All of these devices are fairly new and I can understand the suppliers not having tons of them in stock while they are still working out the kinks and getting a feel for how many people are going to purchase them.

Johnny 5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Oakville, WA
for the record. when someone makes a major purchase with your company perhaps you could "massage" them a bit.

If Puresmoker decides to start "massaging" customers, do we get to pick between Casey and Steve? No offense Steve, but getting a massage from a dude kinda creeps me out.

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
no more .....ing. no matter who it is, pre-ordering sucks. again, my intention was to order something that was in stock. regardless, i guess everyone gets what they wanted at the end of the day. however, i will maintain the manner by which they communicate stock status is unacceptable.

I still think a locked, sticky product update thread is the way to go but that fell on deaf ears a long time ago.

gary j, i absolutely agree.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
So a forum thread is an acceptable way to post stock updates, but not a Twitter page that people can subscribe to and get alerts sent directly to their email and cell phones?

We do still post updates on the forums, so I'm confused about why you're angry that we use Twitter. You can use either one. The information gets both places...

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
USA
Hey Steve,

I just wanted to say that I think you have always set the proper expectation on expected dates, etc. I was in on the first run of the Protege and I had to wait but I knew that before I placed my order. I was also in on the 2nd run of the PT USBpass and once agin I had to wait but that was also made very clear to me before I placed the order. Both times my orders came within the time frames given. They both are of high quality and perform better than anything else I've bought in the past.

I have placed other orders with you as well and they always arrive quickly. The customer service that you and Casey provide is always the best.

My advise to those on the fence is to place the order and wait. I'm sure there will come a time when there will not be a waiting period but for now there is. I'm sure that those who wait will be glad they did once they see the quality of your products and how they perform.

Thanks to you and Casey for keeping this whole thing going.

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
Man, I havent even ordered from puresmoker and I think they are getting a bad rep! i took the time to read and although i was dismayed at having to wait and pay more for a Protege I am still going to do it because I want it and thats what it boils down to in the end. if it takes me 6 months to get it, I will have one! thats all i have to say about that!:D

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I have for a long time not understood why people choose this venue to complain about their product or " Help it doesn't work!" posts. And now complain openly about something that could have been handled much faster with a direct email to PS.

This forum is for users seeking advice from their peers about usage issues or assistance in understanding some feature. If you need to talk to PS, then by all means do just that. I've always received timely responses to my questions.

I've have a PS PT on pre-order. Sure I want it now but understood when I ordered it that it may be a while. I think that most who placed their pre-order knew exactly what to expect.

Kevin

Gotcoffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Puresmokers customer service is one of the best, Ive ever dealt with. I don't know what else anyone can ask of them. It says a 2 to 3 week wait (Presale). Why would anyone expect them to update them daily? There twitter update is great. They only post on there when something new happens. If you don't use Twitter go to there website it is on there also. They had a issue with a few proteges but they are taking care of the problems a quick as they can. I know I am one of them.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I want it NOW... waaaaa.. And I agree this is NOT the place to rant about customer service. You submit a ticket on their web site and it is handled promptly. During normal business hours. People get all bent out of shape when their questions are not answered until Monday... So they come here and start whining. I have all but stopped coming to the PS forum because of all this kind of crap. I have always got GREAT service and responses from both Casey AND Steve. I think it is a crying shame that they have to hear this kind of BS... But that is what you get for trying to help people, make a quality PV, and maybe make a living in the process. I wish PS all the best and I will continue to use and LOVE my PS products. I just will NOT be coming to this forum any more. Besides the VF is much more laid back and far fewer whiners.... Sorry ECF...

Last edited by a moderator:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
In defense of the OP, I understand that people don't like to wait, especially here in the US where you can get pretty much anything you want at any time of the day. Unfortunately the e-cig mod market is extremely small and that leads to situations such as pre-orders, wait-times, etc...
Fortunately(for buyers), it appears that some recent developments(here and abroad) may make mod hardware much more available to the general masses and open up the market, so to speak. I don't feel that this would be an apppropriate subforum to expand upon the issue, but it has already been addressed in a few threads in the ECF that I have seen.

Gotcoffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2008
Las Vegas
I understand that people don't like to wait. I am one of them. But if a company says its a 2 to 3 week wait and you still order. Why would you complain. On the other hand. Puresmoker puts out great products and if you want to be one of the first you wait. Believe me Puresmoker is one of the only places I am willing to buy a presale. You know your getting a quallity product. With customer service to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread