Just received my first itaste vv! Provari is very heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for the tip. I didn't think I would have to clean it already, as it is practically brand new(2 months).

I have found that my two Provari's are very sensitive to any dirt or oxidation buildup on the battery contacts inside the mod, the batteries themselves, and the end cap threading. Highest strength isopropyl alcohol (> 70%) should be used for the batteries and mod contacts, and an anti-oxidant like Noaloxx for the threads on the end cap.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/eddardinwinter/5040-provari-maintenance.html

Last edited:

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
I have found that my two Provari's are very sensitive to any dirt or oxidation buildup on the battery contacts inside the mod, the batteries themselves, and the end cap threading. Highest strength isopropyl alcohol (> 70%) should be used for the batteries and mod contacts, and an anti-oxidant like Noaloxx for the threads on the end cap.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/eddardinwinter/5040-provari-maintenance.html
Good to know! I will definitely try cleaning to see if that helps.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
You must be a heavy vapor. I get 5 - 6 hours with my AW 18350 batteries, and 9 - 10 hours with the AW 18490 batteries. I personally would upgrade your charger if you got the Trustfire Provape sells. I use the Nitecore Intellicharger.

The iTaste MVP should be a nice fit for you. I got 2 if not 3 days per charge with my MVP, so you should get at least an entire day. It can also be used as a pass through.

Another lightweight easy-to-hold and pocket-worthy mod that will last all day is the Smoktech VV Gripper. It uses an 18650 IMR battery and goes for around $40. SmokTech Gripper Variable Voltage

View attachment 263360
I will take your advice! I'll get a new charger! I'll also check out the gripper!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
What are the best brand of aw imr batteries in your opinion? Where do you buy them online?Anyone can answer.
Thanks

AW is the brand name. IMR is the type of battery.
Almost all Mod vendors recommend the AW brand. They trust the specific chemistry and build of that brand. They are 1 to 2 dollars more expensive than other brands.

RTDVapor is a great vendor for batteries and chargers.

A good charger is just as important as the battery. They charge quicker, make batteries last longer and have better protection circuitry.

I suggest a Nitecore charger. Relatively inexpensive

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
Any other recommendations for a lightweight pv with a long battery/charge life?

For what it's worth, I really like the X6. It's 'kind of' variable - three voltage settings - lightweight, cheap, and looks good with a protank or carto.

Sent using the power of the vape! now Free

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
AW is the brand name. IMR is the type of battery.
Almost all Mod vendors recommend the AW brand. They trust the specific chemistry and build of that brand. They are 1 to 2 dollars more expensive than other brands.

RTDVapor is a great vendor for batteries and chargers.

A good charger is just as important as the battery. They charge quicker, make batteries last longer and have better protection circuitry.

I suggest a Nitecore charger. Relatively inexpensive

:thumb: What he said.

Batteries at RTD Vapor

Chargers at RTD Vapor

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I have just received my first itaste vv today! It came fully charged and ready to vape!
I have found that my provari mini is too heavy to hold all day.The 18490 battery doesn't seem to last me more than 1 1/2 hours either. I guess I am a heavy vaper? I must say that I do enjoy the look, feel, and function of the provari mini.

I also have an innokin mvp on the way.

Any other recommendations for a lightweight pv with a long battery/charge life?

Not only how you are vaping but how many volts you are pushing thru it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread