Just used my first polypro carto tank and WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
After almost 4 months of using mini vivi novas and clearos on my spinners I finally broke out one of the polypro carto tanks I've had around since the first week today!! Amazing clean taste and nice big clouds! I got colored ones at High Desert Vapes and they are not only good looking but sturdy as hell! Why did I not try these sooner??? I'm vaping MBV's Cinnamon Roll and this is fantastic!! If you haven't tried them I'd say go for it! Great choice for those tank cracking juices and well worth the cost!! :vapor: Here's the link:
Poly Pro Tank - High Desert Vapes

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Yes they do ROCK! Love the ones you linked to. Like the colored drip tips too. They're a few dollars more than the ones from High Desert Vapes but I'd go for it just based on looks alone! They would look cool on the K-101 mod I'm thinking of ordering! Thanks for the head's up! :thumb:

Cartos rock don't they. :laugh:

If you like those... take a look at Valley View Vapes carto tanks. I'm working on an even dozen... and that's just the 3ml PolyPros at the bottom of the page. ;-)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Yes they do ROCK! Love the ones you linked to. Like the colored drip tips too. They're a few dollars more than the ones from High Desert Vapes but I'd go for it just based on looks alone! They would look cool on the K-101 mod I'm thinking of ordering! Thanks for the head's up! :thumb:
Yep... a few more bucks, but you are getting nice, anodized aluminum end caps with quality o-rings that are replaceable for under a buck. Don't forget the Tank tool. ;-)

Wouldn't it be neat if the HDV colored tubes fit the 3V end caps? Wow! - You could do a great "kaleidoscope of color" thing, eh? I think I'll order a HDV tank just to give that idea a try. :p

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    After almost 4 months of using mini vivi novas and clearos on my spinners I finally broke out one of the polypro carto tanks I've had around since the first week today!! Amazing clean taste and nice big clouds! I got colored ones at High Desert Vapes and they are not only good looking but sturdy as hell! Why did I not try these sooner??? I'm vaping MBV's Cinnamon Roll and this is fantastic!! If you haven't tried them I'd say go for it! Great choice for those tank cracking juices and well worth the cost!! :vapor: Here's the link:
    Poly Pro Tank - High Desert Vapes

Clearo-tanks (evods, etc.) get most of the chatter here at ECF. I got my first side fill grommet tank from one of the first suppliers- Mom and Pop vapor shop. Wouldn't touch anything else now :).

The grommets hold super great, but can be tricky to remove/install. M&P have a thread on ECF with a video on how to do that easily, I think it's on their website also. PBusardo did a video on one and mucked it up, lol.

There are at least 3 websites that sell them so you can mixnmatch tubes and screws. Some screws will go in until they touch the carto to hold it tight. Some screws have orings in case of leaking.

I like the Poly-carb for the extreme durabilty. I only vape unflavored tho.

roonies

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    in the cat toy aisle
    Well, after all of my dinking around with the mini vivi metal tanks I'm sold on these polypros! I still like a clearo for non cracking juices but the taste is just so much better with this I can't believe it! Now, to research how to clean out a carto that's mucked up with cinnamon roll....or if it's even worth it!....and I wonder how long it will take to actually muck up this carto. I've refilled it 3 times today...that's how much I'm loving it!! Nothing exceeds like excess!!

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Now, to research how to clean out a carto that's mucked up with cinnamon roll....or if it's even worth it!
    You can try rinsing it with warm water... or cheap alcohol, but I just toss them after 15-25 uses. I tried taking the filler out of a Boge carto once - I got the filler out and did a sort-of dry burn, but I wadded things up pretty badly trying to put the clean filler back in.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, after all of my dinking around with the mini vivi metal tanks I'm sold on these polypros! I still like a clearo for non cracking juices but the taste is just so much better with this I can't believe it! Now, to research how to clean out a carto that's mucked up with cinnamon roll....or if it's even worth it!....and I wonder how long it will take to actually muck up this carto. I've refilled it 3 times today...that's how much I'm loving it!! Nothing exceeds like excess!!

there are places like Surevapes for $1 cartos, if you want to just toss them. Lots of carto cleaning techniques abound here and Youtube also.

Great that you're enjoying vaping so much!! Have fun..............

roonies

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    in the cat toy aisle
    Should I stick with SR if I'm using on a Vision Spinner? Looks like I can't go over 3.7V with the LR....is that right? Good deal BTW....thanks!! (ordering a mod in a week or two but for now I'm using the spinners)

At $1.08, pretty darn close to a buck if you buy the 25 pc "mix-n-match" sets. I've got some "Laser slotted" Boges coming to see how they work with thick juices.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Should I stick with SR if I'm using on a Vision Spinner? Looks like I can't go over 3.7V with the LR....is that right? Good deal BTW....thanks!! (ordering a mod in a week or two but for now I'm using the spinners)
    You're OK. Technically - with the chart I refer to, at 3.7v, you're not in the "sweet spot" with a LR (2.0) or a SR (3.0) ohm coil, more like on the edge of sweet-spotted-ness with either one. A 2.5 would land you in the middle, but as I never trust the charts when it comes to what I like, I only use them as a ballpark guide.
    I don't know what sort of VV or VV-VW mod you're getting, but most will do the trick with a carto tank. Hell, I've got a Boge LR (2.0 ohms), which is actually reading 2.2 ohms right now, at 4.2V (or 8 watts when I switch to watts and let the mod figure it out) and it's vaping like a charm... and that's on the bottom edge (@8.82W) of the dreaded "red zone" on my chart. :facepalm: So much for charts huh?

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Glad to see you've finally made the upgrade to a cartotank. I've found them to provide the fullest flavor, to have minimal maintanance, and are extremely durable for when you are out & about.

Definitely get a tank tool. Not only will one make changing cartos faster and easier, it will protect your tank's o-rings from unnecessary wear and tear when you add/remove your cartos. A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube

Take a look at my cartotank setup guide. You might find some useful tips that you aren't aware of: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

If your regular supplier happens to be out of your favorite pre-punched carto, I've accumulated a huge list of vendors that sell them here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

At some point you may wish to consider upgrading to a pyrex glass cartotank. These are my favorites: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    Welcome to the club, roonies! I have a big daddy (6ml) 'n lil mama (3ml) polypro carto-tank and while they aren't exactly cheap, they do offer a wide range of color choices (not to mention, great customer service). I prefer the one's baditude recommended though. Naked glass phiniacs or IBTanked models with stainless steel caps.

Truth be told, I've just been using unpunched cartomizers I've had laying around and since I'm a dripper I have been enjoying the prime 'n puff ritual. Check out Baditudes blog, it's what I do everytime (4 drops each side, then shake like a thermometer and repeat. I ommited the toothpick but that's cause I love my needle nose bottle and am very accurate when I'm not distracted :lol:

RHP

roonies

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    in the cat toy aisle
    Thanks guys, for all of the links, advice, and support. I'm using my spinners right now...blushes.....thinking of ordering a K-101 just because it's inexpensive for now, to get that extra battery life! Puffing on a 1300 spinner like I was doing yesterday can drain that spinner batt in no time and I only have one charger and 2 batts. In a couple weeks, when I get a little wind fall, I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on a Provari...why not, huh?....and I really like the looks of the eVic too....so we'll see. On another note, got vape mail today and a couple Evods I had ordered. I'm all set up for rebuilding with some Kanthal 32 and some Peaches and Cream cotton yarn, boiled, dried and ready to go....no low ohms for this girl....so there's that!! I'm learning...yes I am.....:)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Suggestion... Don't get a mech mod just yet. Look instead at a VW - like a iTaste SVD, Sigelei Zmax V3 or mini, or a Smoktech SID.
    If you must have a mech mod (the K101 is pretty stylish and nice for the buck- I'm may have to order one myself) consider putting a Kick, Kick clone or Kick 2 in it - it will turn any mech into a VW... but without the fancy OLED and extra buttons.

Forgot something. (What a shocker) The "econo" VW is the iTaste 3.0 at $35 from iVapes. All the bells and whistles in a self-contained, 800mAh, stick form device. Good for figuring out if you want to spend $100 on a big VW, batts and a charger.

OK... done.

Last edited:

roonies

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    in the cat toy aisle
    Thanks State...I was going to say "steer me right if I'm wrong" in that last post. I was looking at the SID last week and liked the looks of it...just got stuck watching a bunch of youtube reviews of the K101 last night and my "wanter" started working overtime! Have a friend here who swears by her evics too. What to do?!! Off to watch more reviews....so I can spend money like I've got some!!

Suggestion... Don't get a mech mod just yet. Look instead at a VW - like a iTaste SVD, Sigelei Zmax V3 or mini, or a Smoktech SID.
    If you must have a mech mod (the K101 is pretty stylish and nice for the buck- I'm going to order one myself) consider putting a Kick, Kick clone or Kick 2 in it - it will turn any mech into a VW... but without the fancy OLED and extra buttons.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Thanks State...I was going to say "steer me right if I'm wrong" in that last post. I was looking at the SID last week and liked the looks of it...just got stuck watching a bunch of youtube reviews of the K101 last night and my "wanter" started working overtime! Have a friend here who swears by her evics too. What to do?!! Off to watch more reviews....so I can spend money like I've got some!!
    I know Mike Sheda (sorry if I spelled that wrong Mike) likes his SID very much and Mike is a sharp guy - IMO. I like my SVD and 3.0 iTastes quite a bit and am seriously considering a Sigelei Zmax mini.
    I have a Evolv Kick 2 in a Smoktech Magneto that I am in love with because the magnetic button is an absolute treat to use.
    I don't recall what Baditude uses, but I respect his opinion, so look into that. Same with folks like Train2, Thunderball and... aw shiz, the Alzheimer's is kicking in. Duh. :blink:

The Kamry K101 is very attractive... much better than the K100 IMO. If you wanted one of those (the "coffee color" is neat to me) I would not blame you one bit for jumping on one.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread