This Carto Tank STINKS on my Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
Just got my Provari and did some research on Cartomizer tanks because I wanted to switch from the Vivi Nova. Nothing wrong with the Vivi, just having trouble finding replacement heads and I don't like how the colored liquids make the wicks look stained and gross after a couple days. (I know, I'm picky) So I ordered this tank: https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=UDCT-TC

I ordered it because it has a bottom that screws on to lock in the carto to the tank to avoid pulling the tank off the carto when you pull it out of your pocket, purse, etc. I often pick up my PV by the tank and I've read that can be a problem and liquid spills everywhere when that happens BUT ... with the tank I ordered, you can't screw the tank all the way in or else it blocks the air flow and you get ZERO draw from the drip tip. I have to unscrew it slightly and get it "just right" to be able to get enough air flow in order to vape but now the tank is loose on the Provari. I tried the tank on a ego-T MOD bat I have and same thing. THIS TANK STINKS!

Now I have cartomizers and no tank (that I like). Any suggestions? All our welcome. I'm fairly new to vaping. I know enough to be dangerous. Been vaping since late October but this is my first carto experience and it's not a good one. I'm thinking of ordering more Vivi's and just sticking with them. I'm FRUSTRATED.:mad:

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
I second the IB Tank. If you get a good quality carto/tank then you don't have to worry about them slipping on the carto.

That was one of the tanks I considered when researching carto tanks, I didn't get it because of the "slipping" issue. So you can't pull it off the tank or do you still need to be careful? I'm just debating whether or not to spend more $ and stick with the carto tanks or go back to the vivi. I'm on the fence. It's not looking good for the cartos either. Thanks for the replies everyone!!!!

tracilynnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
NY
I'm using these right now:
Premium Triple V PolyPro 6ml Tank

I've been using this style and the older not so pretty style:
6ml Triple V Polypro Tank

Both on my twists and again now on my ProVari mini and I pull on them from the tank all the time.. I have yet to have any of them slip off and I'm pretty brutal with my gear LOL

They also sell:
Triple V Tank Tool

Which you can use on the top of the carto to keep from stripping out the o-rings.. Only problem is he's closed right now to catch up on orders but his customer service is awesome and he ships fast once the order is placed :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've got 7 IB Tanks. Not a slip on any of them. I use em on everything I own from an eGo to a Provari and everything inbetween. If you want something that really fits tight check out a Phiniac. Yea they are pricey but I've actually pushed the inner "O" ring out when I tried to fill it. If you can afford to spend the cash, Then get a good quality tank. You won't regret it. At least I never did. 7 IB Tanks and also 3 Phiniacs. Never a problem slipping on any of them. I'm familiar with the tank you have and it's just a piece of junk. Sorry just my :2c:

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
That's a good idea Mike. I'll try that in effort to "save" the tank, but I still agree with tnt56 ... this tank is a piece of junk. I hate wasting money so hopefully Mikes idea will work and I can salvage it and just not buy another one of those. I will go ahead and order the IB tank y'all suggested, I had looked at it before but now that I know there really isn't a slipping issue I'll give it a shot, thanks for the reviews/info! Tracilynnie I did order a tank tool from Big Daddy, looks similar to that one and you're right it does make re-filling a breeze! I hate to waste my carto's and tank took money and go back to wicks, just had a BAD experience and needed a push to stick with the carts. Y'all have never steered me wrong on this forum. I appreciate ALL the info so much!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a fan of the tank you purchased. Sorry, it has had extremely mixed reviews.

I also recommend the IBTanked. I also have 7 of these. The 19mm diameter version is a nice match for a Provari. $25 for a complete tank kit. You can find a detailed review of them and the company on my blog. You can access it by clicking the link under my avatar.

IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg

islanderamy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
The Palmetto State
Not a fan of the tank you purchased. Sorry, it has had extremely mixed reviews.

I also recommend the IBTanked. I also have 7 of these. The 19mm diameter version is a nice match for a Provari. $25 for a complete tank kit. You can find a detailed review of them and the company on my blog. You can access it by clicking the link under my avatar.

View attachment 187371 View attachment 187372 View attachment 187373 View attachment 187374

Thanks Baditude! I will def check out the blog! Thanks for the input! :toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One question ... you have to "lube" the orings????? I was reading that in the item description.
To help protect the delicate o-rings, it's recommended to lubricate the cartomizer with some e-liquid to ease its passage through the endcaps. With an IBTanked kit, you will get a tank tool which will protect the o-rings even more from the sharp edges of the cartomizer. Use it! PBusardo did a great review of a similar tank tool in the below video. You can see it demonstrated in how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread