Justfog Minifit

Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
My minifits are still going strong and I've not had to replace a pod in ~5 months. They're my work vapes, along with a Nauty AIO. Even managed not to lose one yet!
Ive got a problem with my minifit... the button can stay in and could be dangerous...so ive stopped using it atm... anybody else had this problem?
No sticky buttons so far.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Anyone had a leaky pod at the base where it contacts with battery bit? I’ve rewicked it once already, think I may need to rewick again?

Almost every time I refill a pod I find a tiny bit of juice on top of the battery. I think it seeps out around the fill ports. Maybe your pod didn't go back together perfectly after you rewicked it. :2c:

Reactions: fitchy

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Could use a little help rewicking the Minifit pods. Thought I had it down pat but the last several attempts have been nothing but dry hits. Tried CBv2 and Ko Gen Do and same results. Using 50/50 juice. Took a new pod apart and tried to duplicate the wicking. No luck. I would appreciate hearing from others who have rebuilt these.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Could use a little help rewicking the Minifit pods. Thought I had it down pat but the last several attempts have been nothing but dry hits. Tried CBv2 and Ko Gen Do and same results. Using 50/50 juice. Took a new pod apart and tried to duplicate the wicking. No luck. I would appreciate hearing from others who have rebuilt these.

I'm not an expert at wicking these, but I'm finding that less is more. I rebuilt one of the pods I'm using now. When I first rebuilt it, I was getting nothing but dry hits. I rewicked it with less cotton and now it's working good.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Appreciate the input and I tend to agree on the "less is more"idea. Rebuilt 2 pods today that were having the dry hit issue. Focused on having just a tiny bit of wick sticking out on either side of the clear plastic coil housing. I then fanned these ends out and kind of pressed them against the clear housing before reinstalling the chimney. Not much space between the clear coil housing and the black chimney. Both pods seem to be working fine now but will give it a day or so before I trust them. I also poked out the center hole on one of the mouthpieces and got a big increase in vapor!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to stop folks from rebuilding the pods?

I have bought pods that are in a solid cardboard box, and also received them where the box has a clear window that displays one of the pods.

I'm not sure which is the older/newer packaging, but I believe the one with the clear window is newer. The last two pods I've used from a box with the clear window, I've been unable to remove the chimney portion (once I disassemble the pod) without breaking it. It's like they are glued on?

The ones I previously rebuilt were ones they came with the devices. I haven't tried the ones in the solid boxes yet. I'm hoping the were older coils and it will still be possible to rebuild them.

Anyone have similar experiences? I ended up just throwing the last two pods out because I broke them trying to pull the chimney portion off. The previous ones I rebuilt a few times were easy to remove.

I hate to have to start buying these on a regular basis again. The first few I used, were easy to rebuild a few times. After that, they started to leak around the bottom, I'm assuming from taking them apart and putting them together a few times.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to stop folks from rebuilding the pods?

I have bought pods that are in a solid cardboard box, and also received them where the box has a clear window that displays one of the pods.

I'm not sure which is the older/newer packaging, but I believe the one with the clear window is newer. The last two pods I've used from a box with the clear window, I've been unable to remove the chimney portion (once I disassemble the pod) without breaking it. It's like they are glued on?

The ones I previously rebuilt were ones they came with the devices. I haven't tried the ones in the solid boxes yet. I'm hoping the were older coils and it will still be possible to rebuild them.

Anyone have similar experiences? I ended up just throwing the last two pods out because I broke them trying to pull the chimney portion off. The previous ones I rebuilt a few times were easy to remove.

I hate to have to start buying these on a regular basis again. The first few I used, were easy to rebuild a few times. After that, they started to leak around the bottom, I'm assuming from taking them apart and putting them together a few times.

I purchased a pack of pods from eliquiddotcom back in August that came in a package with the clear window and I've been able to rebuild those just fine. Picked up another pack of pods that came in a box without a window along with a backup Minifit from Eciggity during the BF sale. I'll put one of those pods in rotation and rebuild it when it's ready for a rebuild. Hopefully these new ones can be rebuilt as the Minifit has been my go to mod lately and the ability to rebuild the pods has been why I've stuck with it..

Reactions: IDJoel

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I purchased a pack of pods from eliquiddotcom back in August that came in a package with the clear window and I've been able to rebuild those just fine. Picked up another pack of pods that came in a box without a window along with a backup Minifit from Eciggity during the BF sale. I'll put one of those pods in rotation and rebuild it when it's ready for a rebuild. Hopefully these new ones can be rebuilt as the Minifit has been my go to mod lately and the ability to rebuild the pods has been why I've stuck with it..
Thanks my friend. Please let me know what you find.

I've got boxes with and without the clear window currently, haven't tried any pods from the boxes without the window yet. I received mine (both types of packaging) from the same order a few months back. I'll open a windowless box next as well.

My rebuilds (so far) have all been from the pods included with the devices, those have been without issue. Recently discarded them and am on my last pod from the first box (with window). The first two pods from that box were not rebuildable for me. Sounds like yours were though.

I'm hoping they didn't start gluing the chimney on. This is my primary pod device for the same reason as you, I was able to easily rebuild them.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hey,
I really like my MiniFir, much better than a SMOK Infinix or Rolo Badge.
I usually use nic salts 50/50 but wonder if normal e-juices let's say 70/30 will work as well in this device?
Does anyone try that yet?
It should be ok if you don't chain vape (assuming you mean 70% VG).

Reactions: BillW50

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Thanks my friend. Please let me know what you find.

I've got boxes with and without the clear window currently, haven't tried any pods from the boxes without the window yet. I received mine (both types of packaging) from the same order a few months back. I'll open a windowless box next as well.

My rebuilds (so far) have all been from the pods included with the devices, those have been without issue. Recently discarded them and am on my last pod from the first box (with window). The first two pods from that box were not rebuildable for me. Sounds like yours were though.

I'm hoping they didn't start gluing the chimney on. This is my primary pod device for the same reason as you, I was able to easily rebuild them.

I was able to rebuild one of the pods from the pack without the window that I got from eciggity's BF sale with no problems. Maybe I received one of the older packs that can still be rebuilt? Obviously relieved that I can rebuild the newer ones I received.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I was able to rebuild one of the pods from the pack without the window that I got from eciggity's BF sale with no problems. Maybe I received one of the older packs that can still be rebuilt? Obviously relieved that I can rebuild the newer ones I received.
Thanks, I'll be opening a new box this week. I'll check out that pod in about a week and see how it goes.

v3a0m6o

Feb 24, 2013
Here
Still having some wicking issues. Intermitent dry hits. Any tips would be appreciated. I love the form factor of the Minifit and overall reliability has been perfect. New pods work great.

• Test fire the coil before putting in the cotton to make sure the coils are firing evenly.
  • Make sure the joins of the nr-r-nr are part of the coil.
  • Less cotton
  • More PG heavy liquid
  • You could try using a higher resistance coil. Personally I prefer to vape on a 2.4 ohm, which I find hot enough, and I find the slightly longer drag more satisfying than the stock 1.6 ohm coil.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the tips, especially the r/nr joints being part of the coil. Mixing 50/50, so that should not be a factor. I am using 1.8 wires from Fastec that actually measure abou 1.95 ohms. Vape is perfect when I get the wicking right. Must be me but I just can't seem to consistantly wick them right. I have 3 pods in rotation now working great but I am dreading the day they need rewicked lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Foggy Road

v3a0m6o

Feb 24, 2013
Here
Thanks for the tips, especially the r/nr joints being part of the coil. Mixing 50/50, so that should not be a factor. I am using 1.8 wires from Fastec that actually measure abou 1.95 ohms. Vape is perfect when I get the wicking right. Must be me but I just can't seem to consistantly wick them right. I have 3 pods in rotation now working great but I am dreading the day they need rewicked lol.

Frustrating to say the least. :( I totally get the "dread" part lol. I meant to have added to the list about getting some magnifying reading glasses. I bought mine from Poundland (I'm in the UK) and they're worth their weight in gold - taking the dread out of the equation, so I can finally see what I'm doing :w00t:

Reactions: bask
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread