Justfog Minifit

Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I leave my extras charging all the time. The lights shut off when it is done, so I am assuming it will not over charge. The other great thing about this is that its constant voltage, so your vape stays the same until the battery dies. I just ordered the geekvape flint, but that is my only con to it is that your vape changes as the battery drains. The minifit will most likely stay my main device but the flint will be u used on road trips or at times I want longer battery life

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I leave my extras charging all the time. The lights shut off when it is done, so I am assuming it will not over charge. The other great thing about this is that its constant voltage, so your vape stays the same until the battery dies. I just ordered the geekvape flint, but that is my only con to it is that your vape changes as the battery drains. The minifit will most likely stay my main device but the flint will be u used on road trips or at times I want longer battery life

Speaking of long road trips, is it unwise to vape the minifit as a pass through? I have a handful of cheapo micro usb cables in my car and if it stays plugged then that’s unlimited vaping? I think that might greater degrade the battery and shorten the life cycle of the device so wanted to check before attempting...

I didn’t read all the fine print on the user manual and it says over charging protection like you confirmed so awesome! Also over voltage protection so I figure I don’t need to worry about what USB ports I charge it with. Like some charge at 1 amp some at 2 amps and car chargers etc. Also think that safeguards the device from cheapo cables but not sure if I wanna use my dollar store 6 ft micro usbs on it in the house but it’d make it a little more convenient in the short term until I can buy a decent longer charge cable. In theory though the over voltage protection to me sounds like voltage regulation so not sure it matters what usb cables I use whether their expensive quality ones or dollar store. I mean the device is just going to draw the amount of current it needs is what I’m thinking. I try to use my quality made usbs for data transfer and the cheaper ones for charging. Maybe ima dumbass lol

Also guys how do y’all soak it overnight like I remember reading? I’m about to whip up a fresh batch of juice and want to let it get nice and saturated while I’m sleeping...

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Are these Justfog Minifit batteries in the same boat where you gotta pull it off the usb charger ASAP when it’s full or does the battery have a “shutoff feature” or trickle charge feature perhaps that prevents overcharging and damaging the batteries?

The chargers do shut off when the battery's full, and I've accidently left them charging over night. I don't do it on a regular basis though, because I don't trust these cheap charging circuits. Especially after I've dropped them 2 or 3 times.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I agree, I've been through more pod systems than I can count and the minifit is the best I've tried, and it is all I use now. In close to a year, I have maybe had 3 or 4 pods that were duds, they still worked, but you could tell something was off. Very little if any spit back and absolutely no leaking. And the device is cheap, and if you get the pods from China, they are cheap! I drive a lot for work, so I vape a lot and this little battery lasts me a good 4 to 5 hours. Still love it!!

• Informative

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've had a minifit for only a week but I'm delighted that such a small device works so well. Puff for puff my Orion is a better vape but it's bigger, not ideal for every situation I have in mind. The Orion is also a lot more expensive to operate.

My intention from the start has been to use pod systems only for backup and stealth. I can make a fist, palms up, and you can't tell which hand has the minifit and which is empty. The cons for stealth are that the button click is loud and the air intake whistles. It's going to work better in noisy places or where people are more spread out. The pros are the tiny size and very reasonable price. It's so small most people don't comprend that it could be a vaping device. It appears to be the best selling pod system on Fasttech.

I've figured out that I need a DIY liquid with twice the nic and flavoring to get a decent throat hit, flavor, etc. While I'm at it I'll reduce the VG so there is less visible vapor.

I got this pod because of the favorable comments posted here so thanks to all who participated.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I've had a minifit for only a week but I'm delighted that such a small device works so well. Puff for puff my Orion is a better vape but it's bigger, not ideal for every situation I have in mind. The Orion is also a lot more expensive to operate.

My intention from the start has been to use pod systems only for backup and stealth. I can make a fist, palms up, and you can't tell which hand has the minifit and which is empty. The cons for stealth are that the button click is loud and the air intake whistles. It's going to work better in noisy places or where people are more spread out. The pros are the tiny size and very reasonable price. It's so small most people don't comprend that it could be a vaping device. It appears to be the best selling pod system on Fasttech.

I've figured out that I need a DIY liquid with twice the nic and flavoring to get a decent throat hit, flavor, etc. While I'm at it I'll reduce the VG so there is less visible vapor.

I got this pod because of the favorable comments posted here so thanks to all who participated.

I think you absolutely have to use Nic Salts! I got the 100mg Smooth Nic Salts from NicotineRiver and they work really well in the minifit pod! I’m vaping 48mg though lol but I know these pods don’t hit you as hard as the subohms! I made 70% VG and surprisingly the coil and wick can handle it for the most part. I think if I switched to 50/50 juice the mouthpiece wouldn’t get so hot as PG is supposed to wick better. PG is also better as a flavor carrier hence all our flavorings we get from TFA FA or Capella etc are in fact 100% PG.

I might buy some kanthal or stainless steel to try and rebuild one of these pods! Lightning vapes has a sale through Monday on everything think it’s 25% off. They have good prices on kanthal. I know it comes stock with Ni80 or something but prefer kanthal. lmk what gauge I need to build a new coil on the minifit? Isn’t it 32 gauge? Is SS and other TC type wire possible or is the resistance simply too low?

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I mix juice for the Minifit at 70PG/30VG. I think it wicks much better and I've never had a dry hit in the 6+ months I've been using the Minifit plus it's a little more stealthy vapor wise with the lower VG. I've rebuilt with 32G SS and 34G SS but I prefer the NR-R-NR 1.5 ohm wire that I picked up from FT. Heard the 1.8 ohm variety works quite well too.

Reactions: Chris863

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Yeah, so I’ve been vaping on the same pod since early Friday morning and today I’m starting to get a faint taste of dry hits :(

I think 70VG/30PG may be the culprit. The flavor is 4% Purilium Watermelon. It’s not horrible but it’s just slowly not tasting as good and I’m not feeling the nicotine as much. These tiny micro coils/wicks just probably aren’t designed for such high VG. Next bottle I’ll try 50/50 and keep adding more PG until I find the sweet spot I like.

Hey, Vlad could you link me to the NR-R-NR wire you get from FT for the minifit? Is this kanthal or nichrome? I might have 32g kanthal already from many years ago when I use to rebuild those kanger pro tank coil heads(man that was tough!) Although I think it’s actually 28g have to check.

In addition to the NR-R-NR wire can I use anything thats 32G? Like 316L or 430 grade SS? Thanks

Reactions: VladK16

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Yeah, so I’ve been vaping on the same pod since early Friday morning and today I’m starting to get a faint taste of dry hits :(

I think 70VG/30PG may be the culprit. The flavor is 4% Purilium Watermelon. It’s not horrible but it’s just slowly not tasting as good and I’m not feeling the nicotine as much. These tiny micro coils/wicks just probably aren’t designed for such high VG. Next bottle I’ll try 50/50 and keep adding more PG until I find the sweet spot I like.

Hey, Vlad could you link me to the NR-R-NR wire you get from FT for the minifit? Is this kanthal or nichrome? I might have 32g kanthal already from many years ago when I use to rebuild those kanger pro tank coil heads(man that was tough!) Although I think it’s actually 28g have to check.

In addition to the NR-R-NR wire can I use anything thats 32G? Like 316L or 430 grade SS? Thanks

28G is probably too thick for the pod. I've just used 316L for SS wire but I can't see why 430 wouldn't work. Just want your coil to ohm out to around 1.5 to 1.8 if you can. I believe the NR-R-NR wire is nichrome. Can't do direct links per ECR rules but you can just search for the following SKU #'s

1573600 1.5 ohm wire
1521201 1.8 ohm wire

You can also buy the NR-R-NR coils as well that come with silica wicks but I don't recommend using the wicks.

1593903 1.5 ohm coils
1593911 1.8 ohm coils

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
As posted previously, I am struggling with wicking on the Minifit pods. I have tried using varying thickness and length of cotton, different types of cotton, etc... with limited success. I have tried copying the wicking in a new, unused pod which is actually pretty thick. I seldom have issues wicking my RTA's or RDA's. Any tips, tricks or pics would really be appreciated.

• Agree
Reactions: WorksForMe

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I ordered a few nic salts to see if I want to buy a bottle for my DIY stuff. Unfortunately, I ordered one with 50mg nic salts and it's just way to harsh in other pods. So I pulled out my Minifit out of the vape drawer and filled it up, figured I'd hate to see the liquid go to waste. This little bugger is perfect for it. I take a couple vapes and BAM, I'm satisfied. This will be my setup for situations where there is limited times to vape as this 50mg stuff hits hard and quick.

• Useful

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I ordered a few nic salts to see if I want to buy a bottle for my DIY stuff. Unfortunately, I ordered one with 50mg nic salts and it's just way to harsh in other pods. So I pulled out my Minifit out of the vape drawer and filled it up, figured I'd hate to see the liquid go to waste. This little bugger is perfect for it. I take a couple vapes and BAM, I'm satisfied. This will be my setup for situations where there is limited times to vape as this 50mg stuff hits hard and quick.
You could tone it down by adding a bit of PG or VG. My DIY is 12mg nic. For the minifit I made a batch of 36 mg freebase. If the throat hit turns out to be too much I'll add some PG.

Starting out I got an Orion, Aspire AIO and a minifit. The Orion is a good vape but mostly a conversation peice. The Aspire AIO is a pain to refill an doesn't give me any advantage over the minifit or Orion. The minifit has taken over because it's the best choice for backup and stealth, especially stealth.

• Informative

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
You could tone it down by adding a bit of PG or VG. My DIY is 12mg nic. For the minifit I made a batch of 36 mg freebase. If the throat hit turns out to be too much I'll add some PG.

Starting out I got an Orion, Aspire AIO and a minifit. The Orion is a good vape but mostly a conversation peice. The Aspire AIO is a pain to refill an doesn't give me any advantage over the minifit or Orion. The minifit has taken over because it's the best choice for backup and stealth, especially stealth.
i think i found best replacement for my ICARE 2 Stealth Pod :)
btw mini fit is dirt cheap in my country, US 10 for mod and usd 5 for 3 cart.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
It's a cigar type of vape which the flavor comes through on pods. I'm afraid diluting it would take away the reason I bought it; the flavor. The 50mg nic salt vapes nice in the Minifit so will probably not be needing to buy any more salts for a long time. Plus, I have more pod systems than I care to admit. Having a reason to use the Minifit is just a huge plus as I like the device, but it fell out of my regular rotation as I bought more and more newer systems.

I DIY and normally use 18mg in pods but have been buying a few nic salt at 25mg-35mg to experiment with. Found that in that range, I get a satisfying vape and little throat hit. It's just the nic hits quicker but sometimes too quick. Probably going to stick with the regular nic and buy a few salts when needed as there is always those situations where vaping time is limited. But I also would not be shocked if I went out and bought a liter of nic salts just to have in case of vapocolypse.

• Useful

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So, I remember that a few pages back there was some discussion about newest pods no longer being rebuildable. The assertion was that the manufacturer made a change that caused the chimney to break when opening them up for rebuild?
Has this actually been settled one way or the other? Just curious.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
you can change a coil in the pod

Welcome Kit...as an energy conservationist (ie. lazy)...I've never been interested in rebuilding coils...

But at $2+ per Pod...replacing a Pod when the wick/wire is no longer vape-able...doesn't seem that expensive...:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread