Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I really do hope so. I just despise them with a passion. In saying that i'm ashamed at myself for tagging along with them for soooo long.

I hear you. And I have Kicked myself for supporting those Merchants of Death for as long as I did.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I could be wrong. But I don't believe that the CPSC has the Authority to block Altria buying a minority share in juul. Or anyone buying into Anyone else for that matter.

Yeah...I was just trying to figure out why he posted a description of the CPSC. I think the FTC is the only agency that could block a deal like this, and then only if there was an anti-trust issue.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Please note that last Friday (Dec 7) Altria announced it will stop all sales of vapor products (i.e. Mark Ten), which now have <3% of the US vapor market segment even though they are sold and prominently displayed at >100,000 retailers. Altria has lost more than $500 Million on Mark Ten.

If JUUL sells a minority share of the company to Altria, both companies will benefit (as Altria can assist JUUL with its PMTA and MRTP applications to FDA, and Altria's lobbyists in DC in all 50 states can help JUUL).

But if JUUL sells a majority share to Altria, Altria could simply halt JUUL sales in the US (to protect Altria's Marlboro cigarettes from future market competition by JUUL). Hopefully, JUUL owners won't do the latter.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Then explain why anti-smokers ARE the government.
Makebelief and the shift from BT to BP that's been going on gradually since the 1980s. The govt rakes in the big tax revenue from smoking tobacco products, from non-vaping NRT products (the failure rate of which is a whopping 93% according to one study) made by Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Glaxo, Novartis, and then there's also the large scale funding of governmental projects/organizations (also including political campaigns) by these same powerful investors that are in control of BT and of BP in addition to that, AND, before people die from smoking tobacco there's a good chance they need the kind of medical treatment that means even more money goes to BP. So it isn't just about BT, but most certainly about BP also. In fact the sooner you die from smoking cigarettes, the less pension the money sharks have to pay you. It's really that simple.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Makebelief and the shift from BT to BP that's been going on gradually since the 1980s. The govt rakes in the big tax revenue from smoking tobacco products, from non-vaping NRT products (the failure rate of which is a whopping 93% according to one study) made by Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Glaxo, Novartis, and then there's also the large scale funding of governmental projects/organizations (also including political campaigns) by these same powerful investors that are in control of BT and of BP in addition to that, AND, before people die from smoking tobacco there's a good chance they need the kind of medical treatment that means even more money goes to BP. So it isn't just about BT, but most certainly about BP also. In fact the sooner you die from smoking cigarettes, the less pension the money sharks have to pay you. It's really that simple.
Those unsupported claims don't explain why anti-smokers, rather than BT, control the government. And have since the 1960s.
The Big Lie of "David vs Goliath"

Reactions: stols001

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Those unsupported claims don't explain why anti-smokers, rather than BT, control the government. And have since the 1960s.
The Big Lie of "David vs Goliath"
They're just two sides of the same coin. Without BT there can be no anti-smokers so the anti-smokers promote non-vaping NTRs the quit rate of which is only 7% because that's how they keep BT alive, i.e. tobacco control is just the gargantuan cover up that BT needs to be able to stay in control of the government; it's how BT survives.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
They're just two sides of the same coin. Without BT there can be no anti-smokers so the anti-smokers promote non-vaping NTRs the quit rate of which is only 7% because that's how they keep BT alive, i.e. tobacco control is just the gargantuan cover up that BT needs to be able to stay in control of the government; it's how BT survives.
Nope. The reason anti-smokers exist is because of government funding, which was arranged by the American Cancer Society.

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It really Isn't Rocket Science.

The Reason Anti-Smokers exist is because Smoking Ruins the lives and Kills Hundreds of Thousands of People a Year in the USA. That, and it fits in well to the "We have to Save the Children" chant that many in government Love to recite.

The Reason Smoking exists is because there is roughly 325 Million Adults in the USA. And out of those 325 Million, about 38 Million of them Smoke (on average) a Pack a Day. At $1.01 Federal Tax on a Pack of Cigarettes, you don't have to work at NASA to see that that comes to roughly 38 Million Dollars a Day in Federal Taxes. Or about 13.8 Billion Dollars a year. And that just the Feds. The States get a Slice of the Tobacco Pie also.

A person Doesn't need a Tinfoil Hat or to look much Deeper than the surface of the Mud.

It's just something that Adversely Effects Hundreds of Thousands of People on one side. And a Big Pile of Money on the other.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium

The Reason Anti-Smokers exist is because Smoking Ruins the lives and Kills Hundreds of Thousands of People a Year in the USA. That, and it fits in well to the "We have to Save the Children" chant that many in government Love to recite.

The Reason Smoking exists is because there is roughly 325 Million Adults in the USA. And out of those 325 Million, about 38 Million of them Smoke (on average) a Pack a Day. At $1.01 Federal Tax on a Pack of Cigarettes, you don't have to work at NASA to see that that comes to roughly 38 Million Dollars a Day in Federal Taxes. Or about 13.8 Billion Dollars a year. And that just the Feds. The States get a Slice of the Tobacco Pie also.

A person Doesn't need a Tinfoil Hat or to look much Deeper than the surface of the Mud.

It's just something that Adversely Effects Hundreds of Thousands of People on one side. And a Big Pile of Money on the other.
The more important reason why anti-smokers exist is because smoking exists. Anti-smokers attack smokers, which doesn't really help smokers quit very efficiently.

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The more important reason why anti-smokers exist is because smoking exists. Anti-smokers attack smokers, which doesn't really help smokers quit very efficiently.

I don't think I would Paint with such a Broad Brush.

I'm an Anti-Smoker. I have seen 1st hand what it can do to one's Health. I also know just how Incredibly Hard it can be to Quit once some/most people get that Hook down their Throats.

I Don't want to see Anyone Start Smoking. Period.

Does that Mean I buy into All of the Hysteria, Misinformation, and FUD that some Anti-Smokers Zealots present? No, it Doesn't.

It just isn't a Black & White/Us verses Them issue.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I don't think I would Paint with such a Broad Brush.

I'm an Anti-Smoker. I have seen 1st hand what it can do to one's Health. I also know just how Incredibly Hard it can be to Quit once some/most people get that Hook down their Throats.

I Don't want to see Anyone Start Smoking. Period.

Does that Mean I buy into All of the Hysteria, Misinformation, and FUD that some Anti-Smokers Zealots present? No, it Doesn't.

It just isn't a Black & White/Us verses Them issue.
My brush is equally as broad as the height of the pile of money that's been finding its way to the specific part of the tobacco control lobby (and those who thrive on it) that attacks smokers by using false propaganda and by promoting the kind of smoking cessation tools that, to the vast majority of smokers who have tried, simply don't work very well, apparently, because the analysis suggests the failure rate of them is as high as 93% like I said (and said so multiple times now...), while at the same time also these same false propagandists (or most of them anyway) also attack not only smokers, but also attack vapers, exactly BECAUSE they already know vaping is THE most successful smoking cessation tool of them all. Recently, the FDA actually even went as far as to attack vapers (at convenience stores and gas stations) whilst blatantly leaving the cigarette companies alone (in fact, now that convenience stores and gas stations are no longer allowed to sell fruity and candy-like flavored e-juices from any brand at all, not just from the JUUL brand, these stores actually even have gained more shelf space to be able to sell more, not less, combustible tobacco products instead of those juices).

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI

Nope. It would make far more sense NOT to persecute smokers, because more smokers equals more tax dollars.

• Agree

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
The reason anti-smokers exist if that for too long smokers invaded the personal space of non-smokers.
That's a story made up afterwards, and stretched way out of proportion. For example, "personal space" is used to mean public space, including all of the outdoors.

And it doesn't justify using scientific fraud to falsely pretend harm from secondhand smoke. Government use of fraud to rob peoples' liberty is a crime against human rights.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nope. It would make far more sense NOT to persecute smokers, because more smokers equals more tax dollars.

If it wasn't for all those Smokers getting Sick and Dying, that would Almost work.

And besides, what you said is Based on e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids not going down the same "Sin Tax" route that Tobacco has. And we All know that they will.

• Agree

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
The reason anti-smokers exist if that for too long smokers invaded the personal space of non-smokers.

Yep...I believe that the whole reason anti-smokers rose up against smoking years ago was because they hated the smell of cigarettes and were willing to do anything they could to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread