Kanger 510 Horizontal Coil Cartos from MyVaporStore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
Just recieved a 5-pack of these that I ordered before asking them for the specifics on them. These are indeed horizontal coil, but when I tested a dry one with my DMM, it showed 3.0 ohms of resistance. In trying one out, I dripped Boba's Bounty in until it the filler was soaked well, to see how it behaves with 100% VG. I get plenty of Vapor, and the throat Hit makes me cough at 18mg if I hit it repeatedly. Flavor seems a bit muted though. I'm hoping that the batch of LR 2 ohm cartos that I am waiting on from HealthCabin have better taste, but with this is my experience so far with the ones I have.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
A little additional info...

I just tried this cart @ 5 volts. ALL kinda nasty. Felt like someone was trying to jam a bottle brush down my throat. Back to about 3.5 volts I go...
Ouch...I hate when that happens... If you don't want to wait for the long boat from China..I got my 2.0 ohm 5 packs from clouds of vapor..Make sure you have good air flow. Use an extension if you have one..

Last edited:

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Wow these are surprisingly powerful! I was not expecting that kind of TH and vapor at all, even less on an auto 510 3.2V battery... They also absorb the liquid very fast.

Pardon my ignorance, I've never had great success with cartomizers and thus always stuck with atomizers, but a few questions:
1. How many drops can these hold (I squeezed 18 and after spinning it around in my lanyard I noticed the top was almost dry)
2. Given that these are bottom coil (right?) cartos I assume they don't need to be topped off?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Wow these are surprisingly powerful! I was not expecting that kind of TH and vapor at all, even less on an auto 510 3.2V battery... They also absorb the liquid very fast.

Pardon my ignorance, I've never had great success with cartomizers and thus always stuck with atomizers, but a few questions:
1. How many drops can these hold (I squeezed 18 and after spinning it around in my lanyard I noticed the top was almost dry)
2. Given that these are bottom coil (right?) cartos I assume they don't need to be topped off?
30 drops and then add 20 when losing vapor and taste...

exKool

May 21, 2011
California
anyone noticed any burning/dry carto tastes with these, when having plenty of liquid already in them?

I just had that experience on a 2.0 one at 3.7 volts on my Omega. I was surprised. The juice was Boba's Bounty at 24MG which I have been having excellent taste with on Boge 2.0s and some 1.7 resurrectors.

Dangit!

I have to edit this post. I just had another vape break at work with the bobas and also some bounty hunter. I filled both of them all the way up and they held quite a bit. Maybe 30 drops. This time I noticed a faint difference in taste but it seemed to be not burnt just different than what I was used to. These hit really well. tighter draw than the boge 2.0 and they are warm. The vapor is thick.

I think it really takes some time to evaluate this stuff. I'm impressed so far as well as being a little disoriented.

Last edited:

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
keep me in the loop about what you find! strangely enough, my experience thus far is that thinner, lighter, all pg juices are actually QUICKER to taste burnt on these things, whereas the pg/vg, thicker, darker juices take a lot longer to taste burnt on these things,,, i find this to be odd, because i thought it was sposed to be the other way around?

also, my dual coils at 1.25ohm, 1.5 ohm, and 1.7 resurrectors all work on these same liquids with no burning taste...

i kind of liken this taste that i get to when i would put a bloog maxxfusion carto on a fully charged, fresh off the charger vapor 4 life battery,,, if any of you have ever done this, you know what i mean,,, a freshly filled carto from bloog would taste burnt on the v4l battery because their batteries produce more voltage fresh off the charger...

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
hmm.. interesting... what is a "shorty 510 extension"? is that like a 510 to 510 adapter, like the ego to 510 adapter? i have one on the way, if so, and can try that... although i seem to not have a problem with the airflow,,, the vapor is literally hot on my tongue when it comes out of the carto....

and gorman,, the 1.25 dual coils can be purchased at hoosier e cigs, and crystal clear vaping,, and maybe other places too.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
A little additional info...

I just tried this cart @ 5 volts. ALL kinda nasty. Felt like someone was trying to jam a bottle brush down my throat. Back to about 3.5 volts I go...

I tried mine on 8 different PV's....no thank you. I hate these things. I'll take Boge anyday.

1. They hold a little more than a Boge...about 30 drops.
2. All carto's have to be topped off. However, gravity is a juices best friend with these.

anyone noticed any burning/dry carto tastes with these, when having plenty of liquid already in them?

Yes...I've tried 10 out of 35 that I have and every one of them tastes this way.

I was getting a burnt taste due to lack of airflow..I attached a shorty 510 extension..That gave a looser draw and gave the carto more air, and that fixed the problem...

I'm glad you found something that works for you. No matter what I do or what PV it's on...I don't like them. Burnt is not what I want to vape...but to each his own.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I tried mine on 8 different PV's....no thank you. I hate these things. I'll take Boge anyday.

1. They hold a little more than a Boge...about 30 drops.
2. All carto's have to be topped off. However, gravity is a juices best friend with these.

Yes...I've tried 10 out of 35 that I have and every one of them tastes this way.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. No matter what I do or what PV it's on...I don't like them. Burnt is not what I want to vape...but to each his own.
Too bad for your bad luck...I don't vape burnt either...Yes Boge still reigns on the single carto, In fact, I should be getting 25 tomorrow...

exKool

May 21, 2011
California
Thanks for the review. I picked up 10 2 weeks ago. I am getting a taste which is hard to nail down. Hot plastic is my first impression. I tried the Kangers 2.0s on
standard eGo: I got the least unfavorable taste on this bat
Echo,which comes off the charger at about 4.2: Strong burnt plastic taste
Omega at 3.7: Very strong burnt taste
Madvapes VV box mod: I took the voltage very low and got less of the unfavorable taste but also less vapor, so not a solution for me.

I noticed the taste as soon as I fired up the first cart and it follows me with every juice. I may consider trying the adapter/extension but don't see that as a good soltuion long term if it means that every pv I use needs to have this on it or swapped to it when I switch. That said, the vapor production and draw on these are great. Really great. Very enjoyable aside from that background flavor that I pick up. I'm normally a Boge 2.0 guy. I will order some Boge now as I need some fresh carts and maybe grab an adapter for the Kangs as well.

Strange as the reviews on You Tube are all stating how the flavor on these is so pure. Maybe it's just another example of taste bud differences.

Lstav2

May 17, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Are you using the condom method for the initial fill (& let them sit for 5-10 minutes)? I've found that if I don't I get a strange taste, not burnt so much as dry & "powdery" - kind of scratches your throat. It might have something to do with the horizontal coil. After the first fill I just top them off with 12-15 drops as they get low.

In my opinion, these are the best LR 510 polyfill cartomizers I've used (have not used the dual coils). Very similar to Boge 2.0, just warmer, quieter & perhaps better tasting. Where these really shine, however, is longevity. The Boge start off with an airy draw, & after 3-4 days become very tight & unvapeable; the Kangers start out with a medium draw and stay there. I've been using one for 2 weeks (split about 70/30 with dripping on an atty - 70% Kanger, 30% atty) and I'm still using it.

I am not a shill, just an impressed user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread