• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Horizontal Coil Carto mod............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
Don't throw out your used Kanger H-coil Cartos.

I have a few Kanger H-coil cartos where the filler material is passed its prime even after cleaning,but the coil still works. .I took the filler out carefully with a pair of tweezers left the center tube in.I did this so not to damage the coil. I added a few drops of my e-juice in and voila got an atty and extra life out of my carto investment. Popped on a drip tip and I am in heaven.I'm using Arggggh Why 4 which is a thick juice more vg than pg I don't know the ratio.This little mod gives great flavor throat hit and vapor.I am not a great fan of dripping,but I have to say I think I am a convert(when I run out of Cartos that is) I can not take credit for this mod I saw it on youtube and cudos to the modder who found this trick I am impressed very very impessed. Vape on people and keep thinking up good stuff like this.:D

Last edited:

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Wow ... when I first saw this thread, I thought ... how and why would you mod perfection? :D But now I'm going to have to try this. Ruined four perfectly good cartos with juice I didn't like so now will fish them out of the garbage and just take the filler out and try dripping with them. Thanks for the tip!

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
Wow ... when I first saw this thread, I thought ... how and why would you mod perfection? :D But now I'm going to have to try this. Ruined four perfectly good cartos with juice I didn't like so now will fish them out of the garbage and just take the filler out and try dripping with them. Thanks for the tip!

True Kanger is perfection I found when I got dry hits after vaping I dry burned the coil dripped a different flavor and could not taste the argggh why 4 at all. I'm dripping hex port hey right now.... not to shabby a little thinner, but I over dripped and a little leaked out will have to get depends for it:D

Last edited:

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
I think you can take the filler out and use a pyramid tea bag or special blue foam to have it drip nicely on the coil for you.:D

Have not tried it yet,but it has crossed my mind but as soon as I get more tea bags and or aquarium foam I am gonna give that a go as well.I did the tea bag trick in regular carts works quite well........mind is in modding mode....gotta get more stuff damn it:D

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Welcome to the world of me....not being able to rebuild these properly. So I've had a few now that I drip with. It you wash out the small, inner filler you can put that back in easy and hold more juice. It's denser so it hold up better then the outer filler. If you see a little bit that has gotten burnt, just trim it off.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
I pulled the filler out of a couple of cartos that I had been using for ... well ... quite awhile actually. Thought I would try this and was also interested to see what kind of condition the filler was in. Now I do always make sure that I keep my cartos moist and never vape them dry but I was still amazed to find that there was absolutely no sign whatsoever of burnt filler. These babies have just risen another notch on my scale and I didn't think that was possible. :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Wrap the inner filler around a coctail straw and slide it over the airflow tube all the way down. Use a shortened regular straw to slip over that and hold it in place while you remove the coctail straw. Afterwards you can tap in on your palm to ensure it's in place. Should be able to get about 5-8 drops. It's easier to get the filler back in if it's moist.

I have no idea why I can do this on it's own but when I do it with the outer filler, I'm less than successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread