Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I was trying to find something on them too and all I found was two single posts about their great cust. service...I ordered one yesterday and they sent me a tracking # today tho - says tracking not available at this time altho it does usually take a lil while for packages to show up so...order at ur own risk is all I can tell you - I decided to just grab one cuz I've been waiting for weeks for it and my card is covered anyway.
great to know someone on here took the leap of faith with this vendor. let us all know asap if they are reliable or not. if they are, i feel like it will be difficult to find someone on here NOT using the protank

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
They have one drawback as far as I can tell, you can't use a drip tip, other than that I think they hold the same amount of liquid as a T3 and the only real difference is the look and the glass tank plus it's chrome-plated brass (idk what the t3 is) and uses diff coils.

For $22 and $8 for a 5-pack of heads (which aren't in stock yet) I think it's fine if it's as good as pbsuerdo says. Plus I love the way it looks. Been waiting for a pyrex vivi but am so sick of tipping them upside down all the time and I can't use cartos so this just seemed like the perfect tank for me. Fingers crossed...

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
Ordered one today from sun vapers as well. Can't wait for it to come in, as I love the evod and have several juices that I would rather have in glass. Also, there is a co-op currently in planning in the co-op section that includes the protank if you are looking for a better price and willing to wait a while.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I ordered two from Sun Vapers (I opted for priority shipping) yesterday at about 4:30 PM. The mail man delivered them today at about 2:00. From order to doorstep in less than 24 hours!

The packaging is really nice. The hinged box is imitation leather with a cut-out protective foam insert. Included is the Protank, two atomizer heads, eGo beauty cone thingy (not sure what they're called), bottom cap and instruction card (not pictured). The presentation is quite classy. It definitely feels like you're getting your money's worth.

The construction and fit and finish are impressive. The Protank feels and looks high quality. There's one difference between mine and the Protank that Pbusardo reviewed: the airflow channels on the underside of the bottom cap on mine are chromed, whereas they are brass on Pbusardo's. It's as if the airflow channels on Pbusardo's were an afterthought and cut after everything was chrome plated.

The included heads aren't marked with their resistance. My ProVari is detecting both at 2.6Ω.

So far, the Protank is vaping quite well. Flavor/vapor/throat hit are all solid and on par with the cartomizers I've been using lately. The draw is medium-light. My sweet spot with the Protank seems to be around 4.3 volts on the ProVari. I'll try removing one of the wicks in the future to see what effect it has, but I don't feel like it's really needed or necessary.

It fits nicely atop the ProVari and looks damn sexy. I'd like to see a satin finish option in the future that matches the satin metal finishes used on mods like the eVic and ProVari.

Some were disappointed about not being able to use their own drip tips with the Protank. For me, the integrated drip tip is plenty comfortable and I like how it gives the design a flowing, congruous look.

Some pics...
protank.jpg
protank2.jpg
protank3.jpg
protank4.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I ordered two from Sun Vapers (I opted for priority shipping) yesterday at about 4:30 PM. The mail man delivered them today at about 2:00. From order to doorstep in less than 24 hours!

The packaging is really nice. The hinged box is imitation leather with a cut-out protective foam insert. Included is the Protank, two atomizer heads, eGo beauty cone thingy (not sure what they're called), bottom cap and instruction card (not pictured). The presentation is quite classy. It definitely feels like you're getting your money's worth.

The construction and fit and finish are impressive. The Protank feels and looks high quality. There's one difference between mine and the Protank that Pbusardo reviewed: the airflow channels on the underside of the bottom cap on mine are chromed, whereas they are brass on Pbusardo's. It's as if the airflow channels on Pbusardo's were an afterthought and cut after everything was chrome plated.

The included heads aren't marked with their resistance. My ProVari is detecting both at 2.6Ω.

So far, the Protank is vaping quite well. Flavor/vapor/throat hit are all solid and on par with the cartomizers I've been using lately. The draw is medium-light. My sweet spot with the Protank seems to be around 4.3 volts on the ProVari. I'll try removing one of the wicks in the future to see what effect it has, but I don't feel like it's really needed or necessary.

It fits nicely atop the ProVari and looks damn sexy. I'd like to see a satin finish option in the future that matches the satin metal finishes used on mods like the eVic and ProVari.

Some were disappointed about not being able to use their own drip tips with the Protank. For me, the integrated drip tip is plenty comfortable and I like how it gives the design a flowing, congruous look.

Sweet! I hope they come out with a satin finish soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread