Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.
Do the heads look like it would be feasible to recoil/rewick?

More than feasible...extremely do-able. I plan on rewicking mine when the time comes.
Second day in and so far, dry as a bone on the battery connection. No gurgles at all.
So much easier to refill than my T3's and EVOD. The base is wide enough to put down without making a mess.
I really have no negatives as of yet.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
More than feasible...extremely do-able. I plan on rewicking mine when the time comes.
Second day in and so far, dry as a bone on the battery connection. No gurgles at all.
So much easier to refill than my T3's and EVOD. The base is wide enough to put down without making a mess.

Thanks! That's great

I rebuilt an old ce3 I had with cotton to get a feel for how these would do with cotton. Very impressive.

e

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
:mail:

Thanks! That's great

I rebuilt an old ce3 I had with cotton to get a feel for how these would do with cotton. Very impressive.

e

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
2nd day and I've used nothing else since I got this thing - normally I give in towards the end of the day and just start dripping w/ a 306 being tired of my damn vivi's but this thing is pretty much perfect. Already used to the airy draw, just turn up the voltage a lil and it's all good. Gone thru 4 tanks so far and not one leak, dry hit or gurgling - also dropped it pretty far onto my glass coffee table - np at all.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Whenever I'd remove a Vivi Nova or Vape Only BCC to refill or clean, there'd always be some leaked juice sitting in/around the 510 connection that needed to be wiped off before reattaching the clearo. With the Protank, even after removing the top wick, there is ZERO moisture after vaping a full tank. Finally, leakage is a total non-issue.

I'm not really a fan of chrome finishes and their fingerprint magnet tendencies, but I gotta admit I like the way it looks with the ProVari. Smudges wipe off easily with a tissue or towel. Count me in for a satin finish Protank, should they decide to make one in the future.

I'd like to see a larger capacity version that holds more liquid and has the same diameter as the larger mods like the ProVari and eVic. On that hypothetical larger version, I'd also like to see a bottom skirt (ala Z Atty) that gives it a seamless look.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
Just came in to the office from a service call, and my protank was sitting on my desk. Great service from Sun-vapers! Filled it up with my adv, and put it on the evic. Great vape so far. It is a bit airy, and makes an interesting sound on the evic compared to the evod I was using, but it is as good as my evods so far. I am planning on using it exclusivly for the next few days. Love the way it looks on the evic, also love the way it looks on the vamo, tried it on both.

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.
Day three. Still dry on the battery connection. No need to wipe any form of moisture off. Still delivering great vapor and flavor. Generally running between 7 and 8 watts. I'm trying to stay within the margins recommended but I stray now and then. No burnt flavors when going upwards of the recommended levels. I'm still very impressed. Already looking for my second one. Seems to be a rarity at the moment. I'm very glad to be one who has one. This set-up makes me think of how far we have come in the past few years.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
On the 5th consecutive day of using mine (put about 10 tanks thru) it lost all flavor completely. cleaned, dryburned and repeated and it didn't help one bit, replaced the head and it was perfect again...don't know if there's a fix but i figure it's just the way the heads are and hopefully the evod heads i ordered will fit ok - i'll just put a new one in every week...no biggie, they're cheap.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
On the 5th consecutive day of using mine (put about 10 tanks thru) it lost all flavor completely. cleaned, dryburned and repeated and it didn't help one bit, replaced the head and it was perfect again...don't know if there's a fix but i figure it's just the way the heads are and hopefully the evod heads i ordered will fit ok - i'll just put a new one in every week...no biggie, they're cheap.

I have been using mine for 4 days now exclusively. Haven't had any dry hits or leaking. Flavor remains as good as when I got it so far. I have not cleaned the head yet. I think I have run 8-9 full tanks through it. Hard to tell accurately as I have been refilling it around 3/4 empty. I have a few newly cleaned evod heads to try in it as soon as I feel the need to swap this one out for soaking/cleaning. I will be curious to see if I get the same performance from this head as you did. As soon as I loose flavor in it, I will soak then clean it and try it again the next day.

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va

darkhood, any luck using the evod coils on protank ? I seen another post saying they work and
also helps with the airy draw.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina

I've been using my protank since 3/20. My first head started loosing flavor around the 8 day mark, cleaned it with a vodka bath, etc. After my usual cleaning, the head lasted another 4 days. Became almost flavorless, and cleaning didn't help it. I think the wick was starting to break down. I switched the the second head and the flavor came pouring back. I have put successfully wrapped a new coil and wick for the first head, and it was easily done. I have also tested several evod heads in the protank just to see if they work, and 2 out of the 3 I tried worked with no modification. The one that didn't work did not line up properly and was shorting against the inside of the 510 connector. I still love the protank, and will probably just continue to buy heads instead of wrap them myself, or use EVOD heads, but its nice to know what can be done in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread