Kanger Subox flashing Ohm reader, doesn't fire, still reads ohms. Atty works on my ego-one battery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I did only have a couple of vapes using it though. And it actually seemed to stop working when I was rebuilding the 0.3 ohm coil, sometimes the rba would fire but sometimes it wouldn't and I'd have to adjust the bits and pieces of the coil for it to fire, then I put in my 0.5 ohm coil and it was a no go.

A couple of vapes is all it take to expand the coil.

Hmm, even the 0.5 isn't working now, but it works in other mods...
So, the tank works on other mods, but not on the Subox, and the ohms read fine on the Subox...
Is that the present issue?
Have you tries other tanks on the Subox? Sounds like the tank is ok, now lets see if the Subox is the issue. This is where a multimeter would get you the answer right now. Do you have access to one?

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
this happens to me, and its because of a loose connection or a short for me but idk about you, but the flashing happens for me and its because of however many ohms its reading the wattage is too high for the battery you have in
Great point. Is the battery at least a 20A discharge?

Reactions: 13AccentVA

13AccentVA

Jul 13, 2015
Great point. Is the battery at least a 20A discharge?

My battery is a 30A efest, its just say 1.1 ohm at 25 watts is 5 volts

Thank you Thailand! I found this thread looking up the same issue with mine. In my case, I just got it today and only 1/2 of my batteries would fire, and they all worked in my old mech. After putting it on the good ole multimeter all that were under 20A were the issue batteries. (I recycled laptop batteries for my old mech, so my test base was 15 batteries)

Zach, best advice I have is to check the battery yourself with a multimeter, if you haven't already, or if you have a local vape shop ask them if you can test with one of theirs. Most will let you since they want to sell it to you.

Zach wild

Jun 29, 2015
Thank you Thailand! I found this thread looking up the same issue with mine. In my case, I just got it today and only 1/2 of my batteries would fire, and they all worked in my old mech. After putting it on the good ole multimeter all that were under 20A were the issue batteries. (I recycled laptop batteries for my old mech, so my test base was 15 batteries)

Zach, best advice I have is to check the battery yourself with a multimeter, if you haven't already, or if you have a local vape shop ask them if you can test with one of theirs. Most will let you since they want to sell it to you.

I was really just talking about how if it reads too high of ohms you cant go up in watts that much

HG97

Jun 25, 2015
A couple of vapes is all it take to expand the coil.

Hmm, even the 0.5 isn't working now, but it works in other mods...
So, the tank works on other mods, but not on the Subox, and the ohms read fine on the Subox...
Is that the present issue?
Have you tries other tanks on the Subox? Sounds like the tank is ok, now lets see if the Subox is the issue. This is where a multimeter would get you the answer right now. Do you have access to one?
The subox IS the issue, other working tanks do not work on it.

Please help. My Kanger Subox Mini (Kbox mini) does NOT fire. It reads my Ohms just fine, but when I press the button it doesn't fire and the Ohm reading flashes 10 times. The Subtank atomizer is fine I have tried it with other batterys (eGo-One battery) and my eGo-One Atomizer does not work on the Sub/Kbox Mini.

I've tried a different 18650 battery and I have adjusted the 510 pin on both the Kbox and Subtank still no luck. I found a video of another person that has the same issue which I will post below.

EDIT: Also I feel like I should mention the Ohm meter flashes exactly 10 tines every time I press the button. I have read that other people have this problem with the kbox and everyone seems to get a different amount of flashes. So does the 10x flashing Ohm meter mean anything in particular?

did u get any solution for the problem???

jani666

Oct 11, 2015
I got this issue also. It started today when i fired up 0,3ohm rda coil on my subox mini. I dont have time to send my mod to varranty so i opened the mod. It smells burnt alright so something went wrong and bad. Display is working like one at page one video, batteries are fine, tried 3 different new coils from 0,6 to 2,5 ohms still no fire. I tried to clean contacts and rise the pin a bit, but no success. sircuits and circuit board looks intact, no burn marks, nothing. Wires also looks fine so i just dont get it where that burnt smell comes from.. I think that if some circuit were burnt there would not be any life at display, right? But it seems that it is only solution for this..

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am still thinking this is an issue with the fixed center pin on the 510 connection getting pushed down. Remove the battery and see if you can pry up the center pin and then push a small o ring over the center pin to keep it raised up. I have done this fix on other mods that were having the same issue and this fixed it. This has been stated as the biggest problem on the Kbox Mini and just prying the connection up doesn't fix the issue as it keeps getting pushed back down when you screw a tank back on it. Hopefully my o-ring trick will work on keeping it positioned at the right height without getting pushed back down. Hope this helps

jani666

Oct 11, 2015
I am still thinking this is an issue with the fixed center pin on the 510 connection getting pushed down. Remove the battery and see if you can pry up the center pin and then push a small o ring over the center pin to keep it raised up. I have done this fix on other mods that were having the same issue and this fixed it. This has been stated as the biggest problem on the Kbox Mini and just prying the connection up doesn't fix the issue as it keeps getting pushed back down when you screw a tank back on it. Hopefully my o-ring trick will work on keeping it positioned at the right height without getting pushed back down. Hope this helps

Nope. I try 8 times this for nothing.

jani666

Oct 11, 2015
But did you put an o ring over the 510 connection? Simply prying it up doesn't work. You need something to keep it from being pushed back down. Do a search of the thread on the kanger Subox and you will find more info.

No i didnt, but i pushed 510 connector up with plastic spoon while the tank was on. Still gives me same error. I try that o-ring trick later today, but I don't see any differences what I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread