Kanger Subox flashing Ohm reader, doesn't fire, still reads ohms. Atty works on my ego-one battery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yeah, i got over heat warning also.
If your subox Mini is less than 30 days old then you guys need to contact the vendor or the manufacturer about returning them. You should not be getting an overheating warning unless you have a bad battery or a bad connection inside your box. Try Samsung 25 R's and make sure your coils are above .29 ohms

PilotNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Lascassas, Tn
Being a Master Electrician all my life I have to see if vaping is any different than normal electricity.
Thailand answered above and said a 'short' is an interruption of current. That is not true. A short is when you connect a positive terminal to a negative terminal with something that has no resistance. No resistance mean that maximum current will flow through the circuit. In vaping, maximum current being drawn on a lithium (Or what ever) type of battery, would be a bad thing as it will cause the battery to destroy itself VERY quickly. You need some resistance to reduce the flow of current or really bad things happen really fast.

IMHO :)

Reactions: Continuity

papler

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Switzerland
if you don't vape above 50w and you buy a mod that pushes to 100w you are basically paying for something you don't need. also be aware that you need 2 batteries for 100w. that has its upside as well b/c your overall battery capacity might last you longer
don't know the evic or the ipv but they seem sensibly priced.

if you want something reliable I recommend buying an APV that is on the market for a while already. then simply google about issues and you'll get the picture. New APVs usually work well but every now and then there is a model that simply isn't good enough in the long haul (see Istick 50W autofiring issues after a few months of usage).

if you only vape around 0.5ohms a 30-40w is enough.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
The EvicVT has a 5000mah battery, it lasts FOREVER. Good for the price too, under $50 and it comes with a tank included.

The only reason to buy the iStick 100w is because it is cheaper than the 30w OR 50W lol. You do have to buy 2 batteries, but they are $5 a piece on most reliable websites. Long battery life, plus if you only use 20-30 watts, and you have a 100w degice, you have plenty of room for improvement and upgrading. You never know, 2 months from now you might want to start rebuilding or cloud chasing and you already have the degice. [HASHTAG]#Cloudz4Dayz[/HASHTAG]

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
VapeNW.com lists as follows:
iStick 100w $31.95
iStick 50w $29.99

They lowered the price recently. My above post was based on 2weeks ago, so yeah, $2 more and you get a device that can grow with you....

VapeNW has updated their inventory, anyone looking for a new mod, you should check them out lol.

I'm not an affiliate or associated with VapeNW.com, just an avid purchaser from them.

Jwalth

Oct 18, 2015
Please help. My Kanger Subox Mini (Kbox mini) does NOT fire. It reads my Ohms just fine, but when I press the button it doesn't fire and the Ohm reading flashes 10 times. The Subtank atomizer is fine I have tried it with other batterys (eGo-One battery) and my eGo-One Atomizer does not work on the Sub/Kbox Mini.

I've tried a different 18650 battery and I have adjusted the 510 pin on both the Kbox and Subtank still no luck. I found a video of another person that has the same issue which I will post below.

EDIT: Also I feel like I should mention the Ohm meter flashes exactly 10 tines every time I press the button. I have read that other people have this problem with the kbox and everyone seems to get a different amount of flashes. So does the 10x flashing Ohm meter mean anything in particular?

hey man this is actually my video on YouTube lol. can't believe no one has found a solution. all the same answers now a days. I've looked into it forever and kanger hasn't even responded to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread