Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thank you for the warning, I am not using titanium and probably never will. I am having a problem with the temperature control though. I'm sure its my fault, but I have it set on 40W and 325F and sometimes it fires and other times I hit the button and its just like its barely firing at all and when it does that it leaks out the bottom. Am I doing something wrong here? Been vaping 5 years but this is my first try at TC. When it does the barely firing thing I notice the watts only seem to go up to like 13 Watts before it hits temp protect. Do I need to raise the temperature?
Thought by now they would be fielding units that actually worked in TC. I found stock coil loose in mine & caused wildly inaccurate TC until I tightened it up, then it was only very inaccurate. Try to lock your base resistance as close as possible which is tough, but really helps. My red one isn't too bad & actually read a square occ correctly. My Black one is impossible and all over the map in TC. To avoid leaking use Square ni200 OCCs. Never let you tank run dry.

I second the recommendation to get an Evic VTC Mini as your First TC Mod. Inexpensive at $42-$46 w/ full tank kit delivered & very capable little mod, especially after V3.0 release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bru2basics

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Thought by now they would be fielding units that actually worked in TC. I found stock coil loose in mine & caused wildly inaccurate TC until I tightened it up, then it was only very inaccurate. Try to lock your base resistance as close as possible which is tough, but really helps. My red one isn't too bad & actually read a square occ correctly. My Black one is impossible and all over the map in TC. To avoid leaking use Square ni200 OCCs. Never let you tank run dry.

Black and white were out before other colours so maybe old stock still about, who knows. Judging by the price slashing I've seen it's a low demand product that aint selling, shame they never tested it before release! Not had any leaking since I got rid of the coils that came with it and strated using the square occ coils or rba.

Oh and by the way merry Christmas to all.

Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Merry Christmas!
coffee 291.jpg

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I have one that seems to work fine in TC mode but this is my first TC mod and I haven't tested it with a dry coil so I could be totally wrong. Used the included coils and switched to the rebuildable with kanthal which works great in wattage mode. I have had it for 2 weeks and hasn't leaked a single drop of juice nor have I had a single dry hit. I will test it with a dry coil in a day or two and if it burns it I will return it because it would be considered faulty.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have one that seems to work fine in TC mode but this is my first TC mod and I haven't tested it with a dry coil so I could be totally wrong. Used the included coils and switched to the rebuildable with kanthal which works great in wattage mode. I have had it for 2 weeks and hasn't leaked a single drop of juice nor have I had a single dry hit. I will test it with a dry coil in a day or two and if it burns it I will return it because it would be considered faulty.
The consensus at this point is you will destroy your coil doing so based on a dozen who tried but did see a guy on Reddit who swore his didn't burn (personally I believe he fell short of running it completely dry because I myself have been there a few times & chickened out because the coil still had life in it.)

Hope it works out & if it does, please report back.

Last edited:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
The consensus at this point is you will destroy your coil doing so based on a dozen who tried but did see a guy on Reddit who swore his didn't burn (personally I believe he fell short of running it completely dry because I myself have been there a few times & chickened out because the coil still had life in it.)

Hope it works out & if it does, please report back.
I have some Ti wire that was supposed to be here 2 days ago but holiday slowed it down. It should be here tomorrow so I won't be ruining a pre-made coil. Will report back

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Last edited:

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
I read you should change the resistance that after using it a bit. How do I get it to the screen to set the resistance? I've seen it once by accident and can't seem to find a way back to it. Right now I'm at 350F and 50 watts and that seems to be working. I don't seem to be getting the issue where sometimes I'll fire and it doesn't actually do anything. Upping the watts seemed to fix that.

I second the recommendation to get an Evic VTC Mini as your First TC Mod. Inexpensive at $42-$46 w/ full tank kit delivered & very capable little mod, especially after V3.0 release.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I read you should change the resistance that after using it a bit. How do I get it to the screen to set the resistance? I've seen it once by accident and can't seem to find a way back to it. Right now I'm at 350F and 50 watts and that seems to be working. I don't seem to be getting the issue where sometimes I'll fire and it doesn't actually do anything. Upping the watts seemed to fix that.
Only way I have found to set resistance is to remove coil, press the fire button, then put coil back in and press fire button again. It will then ask if new or old load.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
3FVape is having a Christmas sale & they have Black & White Nebox for $40.99ea and have 5% off coupon 3FVAPEXmas will drop it down to $38.94.
Only white still on sale, but I bought one and some ni200 coils. I was going to go for a TC40W for a backup, but this makes it easy to have two of the same using the same coils.

Vaperwes

Dec 27, 2015
Get rid of the red lettering and add some color to those buttons, I may buy one.

All depends too if there is a rba for it, and if it has a "normal mode"... I don't like temperature control
I have one and I am loving it the rba plus is quite nice and you can hit it in regular mode;)

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I've been using mine for about a month now, and am having good luck with it.

First coil was a vertical kanthal coil built on the rba from my subox, and it worked fine. Next was one of the new occ coils. Fine again. After that I tried one of the round ni200 coils, and it worked good too.

Just now I built a 26 gauge titanium vertical coil at .47 ohms, running at 310f, and it's also running good after I figured out that I needed to set the nebox for titanium.

The only issue I've had so far was with the occ ni200 coil leaking at the very end of it's life cycle, which was what prompted me to try the Ti build. Maybe I've been running luckier than average, but I really haven't had any of the issues that most of you are reporting.

Didn't really have a point, just reporting my experience so far.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I've been using mine for about a month now, and am having good luck with it.

First coil was a vertical kanthal coil built on the rba from my subox, and it worked fine. Next was one of the new occ coils. Fine again. After that I tried one of the round ni200 coils, and it worked good too.

Just now I built a 26 gauge titanium vertical coil at .47 ohms, running at 310f, and it's also running good after I figured out that I needed to set the nebox for titanium.

The only issue I've had so far was with the occ ni200 coil leaking at the very end of it's life cycle, which was what prompted me to try the Ti build. Maybe I've been running luckier than average, but I really haven't had any of the issues that most of you are reporting.

Didn't really have a point, just reporting my experience so far.
Happy to hear it - fingers crossed! Enjoy!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
So in preparation for taking my Black unit out of service to QC/RMA/Warranty repair/replace to vendor I was running my juice level way down and nebox actually oozed some juice on the coffee table as the level got that low. First time this unit has ever leaked on me since I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread