Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
After 2+ years, my Mini is still my best performing tank. I’ve tried many of the fancy, more advanced tanks, but they all fail miserably, especially when using their included rba heads.

I can still find a few places online that sells the Mini, and the replacement parts, so I’ll stick to my trusty Mini until something better comes along.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I mostly use Toptank Minis but there are a few other rbas that I use and like. The Kanger tank has a great taste though. Best thing is the separate rba. You can keep a bunch of them ready to go and basically have drop in coils.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I mostly use Toptank Minis but there are a few other rbas that I use and like. The Kanger tank has a great taste though. Best thing is the separate rba. You can keep a bunch of them ready to go and basically have drop in coils.
That's a really great idea. I did order some extras from our other conversation and I will do that for sure.

Last edited:

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Only two things I dislike about the Toptank Mini: small juice holes and flooding/leaking when refilling.

The first problem can be solved by swapping out a Subtank Mini RBA section. But as for the flooding and leaking, perhaps more cotton or closing off the airflow holes?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I don't have any leaking. Must be the wicking. I prefer the large hole rba but the small one seems to work ok. I wick with Rayon. I put it in the coil tight enough that it is barely movable. Put the metal tube on and then trim it in the shape of V or arrowhead as close to the top of the tube as I can cut it. Then fluff that and push in against the deck bottom. Wicks great and doesn't leak even on refill and I don't close the air flow when refilling.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Only two things I dislike about the Toptank Mini: small juice holes and flooding/leaking when refilling.

The first problem can be solved by swapping out a Subtank Mini RBA section. But as for the flooding and leaking, perhaps more cotton or closing off the airflow holes?

As far as leaking - mine was a little bit and I think I figured it out. When I changed the coil one of the o-ring seals sort of popped out from the bottom piece. I fixed that and no more leaks. I , too, close the airflow when refilling.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I also bought this glass for the Tanktops. Fits great and increases the fill by a couple ML.
$1.73 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Cleito Clearomizer - authentic / 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
8459100-1.jpg

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I don't have any leaking. Must be the wicking. I prefer the large hole rba but the small one seems to work ok. I wick with Rayon. I put it in the coil tight enough that it is barely movable. Put the metal tube on and then trim it in the shape of V or arrowhead as close to the top of the tube as I can cut it. Then fluff that and push in against the deck bottom. Wicks great and doesn't leak even on refill and I don't close the air flow when refilling.

Think you're on the right track. From its introduction I suggested the proposition that chunky wicking would max KST production on the Protank Microcoil thread. I posted pic's there of back to back clouds on the ST with the twisted lead tensioned parallels below.

You need a volume of wicking to carry the flow. Reduce it and it's limited. Pack it too tight, same thing. These days I still pull as much thru as I can without mangling the coil, pull back-and-forth to ease it in place then tweeze as much fiber from that center as need be to match the power level I'm applying. Typically about 23-25W on 25AWG, 7/7, 2.8mmØ. Seems to do the trick to limit cool down leaking into the base. This is a diffusion build for the KST. The parallels below afford more potential surface area and density. It's a great low power tank.

Good luck. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Posted more disc re wicking on this thread…Subtank RBA builds? show em! | Post #370 | E-Cigarette Forum

Chunky wicks help minimize the incidence of open end turns due to gravity sag. That kind of diffusion, hot and very dry, we don't need. Careful to avoid trapping fibers screwing on the RBA cap as this can skew the wick and yes, produce leaking. So carefully pull the very top of wicks slightly away when wet. That'll do ya.

Good luck. :)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Is the Toptank related to the Subtank Mini? Is the Toptank an RBA? I am on a small tablet and surfing is not the easiest.

I like the Subtank Mini w/RBA since it has better airflow than the Kayfun. I generally use in batches, but I have no real top fill tanks that are good for flavor.

I also noticed not to fill the Subtank to the max since screwing the bottom back on really puts pressure in.

If someone thinks a Toptank is in my lane, a shout would great. Just hard to surf at the moment.

Thanks,
FF

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Is the Toptank related to the Subtank Mini? Is the Toptank an RBA? I am on a small tablet and surfing is not the easiest.

I like the Subtank Mini w/RBA since it has better airflow than the Kayfun. I generally use in batches, but I have no real top fill tanks that are good for flavor.

I also noticed not to fill the Subtank to the max since screwing the bottom back on really puts pressure in.

If someone thinks a Toptank is in my lane, a shout would great. Just hard to surf at the moment.

Thanks,
FF

Toptank mini and subtank mini are interchangeable. Same coils or rba, same glass. On a subtank, Change the inner structure to use the top removable system of the toptank. or don't. You can use either base on either system.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Thanks,
FF

Never actually tried the topper for reasons noted everywhere on leaking. I can imagine overfilling/pressure being a problem. I just wish they had just opened up the chimney on the original ST. It is awesome with more airflow and the orig RBA. If it ain't broke applies.

Good luck FF. :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have a toptank mini and subtank mini's and the RBA and base fits both of them. As for filling the toptank, juice level just below the top or pressure squeezes juice out the bottom. Wicking has all to do with leaking, my subtanks very rarely leak and I use rayon as my wicking.
Pretty kewl that the glass fitting the toptank, wonder if it fits the subtank mini also. Gonna order some since I broke my only toptank glass last week and have to order glass anyway.

Reactions: Beamslider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread