Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken B

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Penang
Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on building a new kayfun (Lite? - Plus? - V2? )(Not sure of the difference to be honest)
I have a V3 Mini which is too much aggro to get working correctly, and which is a little too small, and a discontinued $15.87 Russian 91% Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Russian 91% clone which I use all the time.
What I would like to do is order (from FT) the necessary parts to build 2 new Kayfuns of some sort, preferably recommended by the kind people here.
Main requirements are :-
Glass preferred, but not essential as I dont use tank crackers.
MUST be TOPFILL somehow. - Most important for me.
Budget is fairly limited so can not go to Authentic V5.
Preferably using some interchangeable mix and match parts.
Only able to do minor filing/cutting etc if needed. Nothing major.

I have studied the excellent Atomizer parts compatibility list by PranaBoy but due to old age and senility, find it very confusing, and I am a bit lost.
Very grateful for any guidance, and appreciate your time.

Reactions: crss

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on building a new kayfun (Lite? - Plus? - V2? )(Not sure of the difference to be honest)
I have a V3 Mini which is too much aggro to get working correctly, and which is a little too small, and a discontinued $15.87 Russian 91% Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Russian 91% clone which I use all the time.
What I would like to do is order (from FT) the necessary parts to build 2 new Kayfuns of some sort, preferably recommended by the kind people here.
Main requirements are :-
Glass preferred, but not essential as I dont use tank crackers.
MUST be TOPFILL somehow. - Most important for me.
Budget is fairly limited so can not go to Authentic V5.
Preferably using some interchangeable mix and match parts.
Only able to do minor filing/cutting etc if needed. Nothing major.

I have studied the excellent Atomizer parts compatibility list by PranaBoy but due to old age and senility, find it very confusing, and I am a bit lost.
Very grateful for any guidance, and appreciate your time.
Here you go...

Microcoil Pictorial - Simple

Reactions: TrollDragon

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I'm not sure who made the clones I started with but the eh pro is much better. I bought two initially and four more once I found how much I like it.

I had a few FT clones and they were average at best until i got my hands on the EH Pro Kayfun Lite V2 , those are absolutely superb in every way .

Slapped on a few Monster V2 bases and awesomeness all around.

For what they are selling for now it's outright theft imo.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Or, better yet, the KF5 discussion without the sponsorship:
Svoemesto Kayfun V5

(The other link is in a vendor's subforum [Heather's Heavenly Vapes])
And it's in there for good reason since we have people (clone vs authentic) who don't seem to be able to get along and ECF moderators who tire of playing referee. So if someone wants to talk about authentic Kayfuns they can come to the threads I linked. If they want to talk about clones they can go to your link. Pretty simple isn't it?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Or, better yet, the KF5 discussion without the sponsorship:
Svoemesto Kayfun V5

(The other link is in a vendor's subforum [Heather's Heavenly Vapes])
And sponsorship of the thread is irrelevant other than we can police our own threads and keep the agitators off. HHV allows us full freedom of speech as long as it stays within ECF rules and one thread rule (clone discussion is not allowed). I suspect most everyone on ECF visits sponsored threads. I find it a sad commentary that it has to come to that but it is what it is and thankfully a sponsored thread allows us to keep the peace. Actually, ECF threads are supposed to stay on topic too (per the OP of the thread) but as we have learned those rules are not obeyed or enforced.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I found too many Authentic Kayfun 5 users to be pretty hostile to me without reason. YMMV
I don't follow any KF5 threads anymore, just not worth the headache.

FWIW Bronze is not one of the hostiles.
Woof, there are agitators on both sides. We couldn't even keep a Kayfun thread open because the fights never ended. This thread has survived only because the Kayfun Lite is an old product and traffic on this thread has slowed to a trickle. If people want a clone or an authentic or both that's their prerogative. What I wont tolerate is fighting about it. Best solution is having separate threads so there is no fighting. That's why the authentic thread went to a sponsored forum so we can keep it that way. The clone threads can do the same or stay on the ECF forum or whatever they want to do. Makes no matter to me.

Hope this clarifies it.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Woof, there are agitators on both sides. We couldn't even keep a Kayfun thread open because the fights never ended. This thread has survived only because the Kayfun Lite is an old product and traffic on this thread has slowed to a trickle. If people want a clone or an authentic or both that's their prerogative. What I wont tolerate is fighting about it. Best solution is having separate threads so there is no fighting. That's why the authentic thread went to a sponsored forum so we can keep it that way. The clone threads can do the same or stay on the ECF forum or whatever they want to do. Makes no matter to me.

Hope this clarifies it.

Agreed, there are agitators on both sides. I rarely, perhaps never visited the clone threads so I can only speak to the reception I received in the authentic thread. Best of luck keeping the train on the tracks.

Ken B

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Penang
You're right. I just read the top couple lines of his post. I shoulda read it all. My bad.

Bronze. Many thanks for taking the time to reply, but as others have said, I am looking for help in making up a couple of Kayfuns from the available parts on FT. Just too many to choose from without guidance, and the parts that I like seem to be discontinued.
Anyway, maybe someone will kindly help.

Reactions: Bronze

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Bronze. Many thanks for taking the time to reply, but as others have said, I am looking for help in making up a couple of Kayfuns from the available parts on FT. Just too many to choose from without guidance, and the parts that I like seem to be discontinued.
Anyway, maybe someone will kindly help.
A lot of the KFL bases on FT are pure junk, it's really a hit and miss for quality. You would be much better off if you can find an EH Pro version of the Kayfun Lite V2.
Such as here:
EHPro Kayfun price, harga in Malaysia, wts in - lelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread