Kayfun lite plus black clone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrompa

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Madison, WI, USA
In general, clones are never as good as the real thing. The Russian has done it pretty well, but their consistency in manufacturing and function leaves a lot to be desired.

You should check out the squape clone. The clone improved on the original with a glass tank instead of PMMA

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I got a R91C from fasttech for 30sumtin$ found it a bit tight on the draw, threads are a bit rough, fill port screw on bottom doesnt have an Oring. The Black edition offers lots of extra parts, looks like the airflow hole is a bit larger, fill screw has an Oring seal. but 50$ dont know if its that good...

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
In general, clones are never as good as the real thing. The Russian has done it pretty well, but their consistency in manufacturing and function leaves a lot to be desired.

If only that statement were true. In general, well there is no general. Ehpro and Hcigar manufactured clones are often as good as the original. The "real" Russian is actually a clone of the Kayfun only improved. Then when you talk about clones of mechanical mods there are many that cannot be differentiated from the original.

Some people (like myself) love clones, I think they are an excellent cost effective way for people to try out something that cost's $150 or more without dropping the $150. I own many clones and many originals often of the exact same model. Then there are people who really want a Kayfun because of the rave reviews but simply cannot afford such a device so a clone gives them that option at a much lower price. And finally there are many who simply loathe clones, think they're the bain of the industry and fell like the quality of a clone will never be anything even close to an original.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Stay away from the squape clones. Seems nobody can identify the coating on the inside. Thats scary. I agree with catalinaflyer. There are some really good clones out there....some really bad ones too. I'm not against them, really...I just don't have any. Do your research on the better manufacturers and more importantly, which ones to avoid. (Squape)

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Stay away from the squape clones. Seems nobody can identify the coating on the inside. Thats scary. I agree with catalinaflyer. There are some really good clones out there....some really bad ones too. I'm not against them, really...I just don't have any. Do your research on the better manufacturers and more importantly, which ones to avoid. (Squape)
Another one to avoid, which as far as I know isn't really a clone but rather a copy of style and that's the Fogger. Similar to the Kayfun in design but unless your into hours and hours of fiddling to finally get it to work correctly my experience has been it's a royal PITA!! I have had 2 of the aggravating POS's and 1 time out of 5 I'll get a working setup, the rest, well for me they're infuriating.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Why I all but stopped posting in the NEW member section.
People with little to no experience with even less knowledge telling other members what is an isn't without anything to back those statements.

I also have a Black Edition on order - BLACK EDITION, sounds Sweet, Right? Irrelevant actually. Black Edition simply means the Vender made a Large Purchase and had it packaged to their request - Nice Black Box.
Purchased mine due to a few New updates(Hopefully) like an adjustable center pin. Something lacking from release #1.
Even the cheap FT $13.00 Rocket Clones have adjustable center pins.(*note: they work fantastic)
$49.99 isn't Dirt cheap, but is reasonable for an in states Purchase. Sitting on the low side of average cost and off Ebay Shipping is free further reducing expense. All SS Tanks that can produce well are well forth as much as $50.

Clones are proving Daily they can be As good and sometimes Even better than the originals. Taking proven efforts and correcting known flaws in their released version is impressive. RUSSIAN 91% is the perfect example.

While I have purchase an item from vender B rather than Vender A due to issues with the Vender, I don think I have ever changed my mind on what I wanted due to a Vender issue.

spungee

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
No, nobody except the seller has one of these in their hands at the moment.
They only popped up late last week, and I was the 2nd person to purchase one of these units.
They won't be landing on anyone's doorsteps for another day or two.
So I recommend chilling out, having a good vape, and waiting.
I'm 100% certain that someone will post their thoughts as soon as they start to show up.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I almost bought one of those, but went with a different one.
I tend to get the "originator" - but got a clone this time for a few reasons:
1 - I'm kinda broke
2 - There's a fair possibility that I won't stick with it, as last time I tried, I did NOT like rebuilding things
3 - If that's NOT the case, and I'm blown away, I'm sure I'll need whatever SvoeMesto comes out with next so I'll save for that

But the "Black Edition" looked a LOT like the Tobeco, and I was looking for something a little better finished, so I ended up ordering an EHPro 3.1 Kayfun for the same $

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I still cannot find find one person that has received there Black Edition yet. I know it is a somewhat new listing but i am sure someone has to have one in hand.

Still nobody has gotten there hands on one?

The listing just went up last week so my guess would be nobody yet. Tracking says mine will be here Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread