Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Well I just ordered a SS "Black Edition" a couple of days ago. I sure hope they've seen reviews and made the air hole bigger. I only saw one review, and jumped into it; Never go by only one review! I should have known that by now. The funny thing is I bought an EhPro kayfun Clone back in January and sent it back because the draw was way too tight!

I have the black edition v3 it's still not as airy as my Russian and that's with the screw fully removed but it's good enough for me and I like airy draws

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Mrbunglez

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Florida
2enebe4u.jpg

My babies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I like an airy draw too. I was hoping for airier than the Russian. I'm making plans for drilling, if needed. For now, I don't know when it will be traveling, usps has been sitting on "electronic shipping received" for quite a few days now. What's that about I wonder?

I found out the bottleneck on my V3 is the airflow vent on the side it's 1/16 and the one on the bottom with screw removed is more like 5/64 I am going to drill it out later and it should be just like the Russian 91%

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a black Provari as well and they don't match. Still, I like the looks but you may not

Thanks for the pic tw33k. I made up my mind and ordered a Black Russian 91% v2 (Kebo) so that the finish would look closer to the Provari's. Hope it performs, it'll be my first Russian.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I found out the bottleneck on my V3 is the airflow vent on the side it's 1/16 and the one on the bottom with screw removed is more like 5/64 I am going to drill it out later and it should be just like the Russian 91%

I wonder about the actual kayfun lite plus, if it has a 1/16 air hole?

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
I have had my BE for about a month and really haven't used it much since I like the one I got from fastech better, but I went to use the BE the other day and it won't fire. I thought maybe it came loose so I took it apart and it wasn't so I built another coil and it still won't work. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion to try that I may be over looking? I sent Artemus a message so we'll see how that goes.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I have had my BE for about a month and really haven't used it much since I like the one I got from fastech better, but I went to use the BE the other day and it won't fire. I thought maybe it came loose so I took it apart and it wasn't so I built another coil and it still won't work. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion to try that I may be over looking? I sent Artemus a message so we'll see how that goes.

I can't get the black edition from Artemus to work right either every build I put in it sucks ... I am throwing this pos out. back to the Russian 91 and EhPro V2s.....this thing is junk junk junk I hate everything about it

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States

vantagebox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
OR, US
I have both the BE and the FT one and do like the FT one better. I find that the adjustable 510 screw on the BE version always screws itself UP and it doesn't fire anymore. Have u tried unscrewing it a little bit; the problem is that it's way too loose...

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The contact pin/center tube on these use tiny threads in cheap metal.
Mine stripped so I used a tiny o-ring on the pin to make it functional.
My other seems ready to strip and I'll probably do the same if it does.
I saw someone mention using dental floss in the threads to tighten it up and might try that.

I've been aware that this might eventually become an issue from the moment I first inspected my purchase.
I've been as careful as humanly possible to be kind to the threads and not crank it down.
It's just the weak link AFAIC.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA

did you try making sure the contact screw is loosened out enough? I just got mine in yesterday and the contact screw is very easily moved. Other than that I'm happy with it. the air hole seems a little bigger than 1/16. I'd say the draw is just a little tighter than my russians. I took it completely apart, cleaned it good, and it's working fine so far. If that contact screw gets tightened just a bit too much...well you know.

whoops, I should have read ^^^before I posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread