Kayfun pulling too much juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasticker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Im having the opposite problem i see most have with my kayfun, and maybe theres nothing that can be done but what do you think.... Its a kayfun lite v2 ehpro and it seems to be pulling juice up the center tube to the mouth piece. Its a standard micro coil build with cotton wicks and after like 10 hits theres already juice coming up into the mouth piece. Its just annoying because it hits perfect and the flavor is amazing but its annoying to have to clear the drip tip of juice after every 5 minute vape session. And its 50/50 juice.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Open the airflow more so it pulls less juice or up the wattage, or a combo of both.

Some liquid is normal because vapor cools and turns back into liquid near the drip tip area. If you drip tip doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the well it's sitting in, you're always going to have a pool of eliquid there.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
A solid 2mm above the opening. Should i try higher?
Actually that's as high as you should go, if anything I would lower to 1.5mm. What's the wick configuration? Do you run the wick tails just down to channels? Or run them across ledge? Sometimes if wick tails are to big and puffy you can get a wettish kind of vape.

hi sticker, the only time my kfl v2 flooded was when i accidentally nicked the little o ring on the top cover (the one that seals the inner chimney tube)
that cased it to loose vacuum. to test, remove drip tip and place upside down on a napkin or paper towel, then remove fill screw from bottom.
let it set for an hour see how much drains (should be none if o ring is good)

Akasticker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Philadelphia
What gauge wire?

Its 28 gauge wire. And the tails are slightly longer then they need to be to reach the deck and are pushed to the side. Im gonna try to maybe lower the coil .5mm and a tad less cotton to see if that works. Otherwise i guess ill just deal with the juice spitting up because the flavor and vapor is better then anything else i have. BVC coils are great but they seem to spit juice just as bad. I bet if they made the center tubes slightly belled getting smaller towards the drip tip it would get rid of this problem.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
hi sticker, the only time my kfl v2 flooded was when i accidentally nicked the little o ring on the top cover (the one that seals the inner chimney tube)
that cased it to loose vacuum. to test, remove drip tip and place upside down on a napkin or paper towel, then remove fill screw from bottom.
I would do this too.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

Sounds like the tank is not completely sealed. This ^ or another possible cause of a vacuum leak is the center plastic tank section is cross threaded.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Actually that's as high as you should go, if anything I would lower to 1.5mm. What's the wick configuration? Do you run the wick tails just down to channels? Or run them across ledge? Sometimes if wick tails are to big and puffy you can get a wettish kind of vape.

I agree here with the wick tails. I don't know if you call it over saturation or over wicking, or both, but too much wick means too much liquid in the chamber. I like the description of a "wettish" vape though. that's exactly what it is.

When you say you're getting liquid in the mouth piece, are you getting the vapor settling inside the drip tip from normal operations or is it like you're drinking the liquid? Liquid will settle in the drip tip, that's nothing to be worried about, but if you're having flooding you have a different issue.

Everything needs to be sealed correctly and snug, make sure you put the orings on the clear middle tank section if you're using it. If the draw is tight and you pull hard when you inhale you can pull too much liquid into the chamber, adjust the airflow accordingly. When you fill, fill slowly and leave space for negative pressure so a good vacuum is created. If you flood when you fill, hold the KFL upside down and blow through the driptip while catching liquid with a paper towel out of the air holes, this usually clears the flood.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
read the thread I gave you, it will solve all of your Kayfun problems.

But just for conversations sake post a picture of your build. I'm thinking you use wayyyyyyyy too much wick.
I agree on the pics to see if there is some problem that might be be solved with the pros here but I honestly don't think you can have the excess wicking unless you do a non traditional build.

This is working great in mine (rayon) and I doubt you could put more wick in that thing :D

7c26f926b35426f0dfddd96c700d1d5c.jpg

25a33c1635035718aa9f27684daf3bba.jpg

c447bc046ab96dfa89081bf12ece51da.jpg

Regards
Tony

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I agree on the pics to see if there is some problem that might be be solved with the pros here but I honestly don't think you can have the excess wicking unless you do a non traditional build.

This is working great in mine (rayon) and I doubt you could put more wick in that thing :D

7c26f926b35426f0dfddd96c700d1d5c.jpg

25a33c1635035718aa9f27684daf3bba.jpg

c447bc046ab96dfa89081bf12ece51da.jpg

Regards
Tony

I think you can have to much, maybe not at higher wattages but if one let's say is using a thicker gauge wire and sort of hi resistances and low wattages, the wick can stay over saturated, especially if the airflow is to closed, an over saturated wick will create some unvaporized juice which could fall under and around air hole and also be sucked up on a draw. Granted, the number one issue with a wettish type vape is usually a seal issue but over wicking at lower power can also happen.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Time to start watching some Build Videos and see if you can tell what you are doing wrong.

No such thing as not fixable on an RBA, just have to find the problem and correct it.

You say juice is coming up into the drip tip. Is juice pouring out the air passage?(bottom)
If not, you may have a 2 fold issue. Over wicked but top seal damaged. Drawing liquid directly from the tank to the tip.
Tank should leak long before getting to your drip tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread