Status
Not open for further replies.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I have a year-old Ehpro kayfun Lite that I bought a year ago and just decided to build the other day. I couldn't be happier with it. It just vapes beautifully with no leaks whatsoever. It's got one little air hole that's perfect (not adjustable)

I just received an Ehpro kayfun Lite Plus V2 clone that says Made in Germany Designed in Russia on the bottom and it leaks like a seive. The juice just pours out of both large airholes. I built it the very same way I built my other Kayfun. Anyhow, this grieves me much. Any ideas of what I can do to stop the leaking? (Just had the same problem with an Orchid and traded it for some juices at my local ecig shop).

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Do a vacuum check to find out if all the o rings are ok. Cover the airholes, suck hard then see if the tip of your tongue will stick to the drip tip opening. If it has vacuum, its the wicking. If it doesn't have vacuum, an o ring may have gone bad, is torn or missing altogether.

Say, that's a good tip to know. I just tried it and it's got no vacuum at all. So I'll check out the O-rings. Thanks! :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Say, that's a good tip to know. I just tried it and it's got no vacuum at all. So I'll check out the O-rings. Thanks! :)

No vacuum so you know its an o ring. Now you have to go hunting :). With a bad leak its usually in the top of the atty. I would most suspect the one in the center of the top cap where the chimney stem goes in. In fact make sure its not on the chimney stem instead of in the opening.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
There are too many inner parts here. There'a a 'chimney' that I screw onto the deck. Then there's a 'chimney' cap that gets screwed onto that. On the top of that is a long 'chimney' piece that goes into a metal piece at the top.

Is there supposed to be an O-ring on that chimney cap that I screw onto the chimney that I screw onto the deck?

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Thanks, duc...I've switched out all the O-rings for new improved ones. And it's still leaking like a sieve. This is really discouraging and it makes me all the more curious as to why the one I have with the much smaller 'one' air hole works so well. Anybody know where I could get another one of those?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Look carefully, its hard to see. There is a small black o ring in the center where the airflow passes through to the drip tip.

kayfun_lite_plus_top_cap_batch_2_1.jpg

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
If it's a Lite+, there should be a small black o-ring that should stay inside of the top cap. If it is there, make sure it isn't getting pinched when you screw on the top cap. After it's assembled, look down through the top cap and see if you see the o-ring sticking out over the chimney. If it is, it's going to leak.

You might also check to make sure that the tank sections are not cross-threaded causing a leak, and that there is a seal at each end of the clear section of the tank. Those seals don't always come pre-installed on the clear section on some clones.

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
The ehpro KFL+V2 has two airflow holes on the base along with two adjustment screws. When you do the vacuum check make sure you have your airflow screws in too.

Make sure your tank body o rings are there and in good shape. There's one on the the base/deck, one on the top cap, and two for the middle section, ss and clear. The clear middle section does not come with the o rings on it, but packaged with the kit. So if you are using the clear section you'll need to put them on. Also the chimney top o ring and fill screw o ring.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Yes, it's got two air holes and two tiny flat screws on the bottom for adjusting those. Then there's the phillips fill screw. I've put all new O-rings on it and closed off those flat screw holes on the bottom and I still can't get a vacuum. I'd give my eye teeth to know why this has to be so difficult and exactly why there's no vacuum. I may just take this in to my local shop and see if the very helpful guys in there can figure it out and give me an answer, it's a mystery I'm very curious about. About the only other thing I can think to do is to switch out the plastic tank part for others, even the metal one, to see if maybe there's just a breach in the tank itself that I can't see. I'll sure come back and let you know if that's the problem!

I'd give my eye teeth to have a Kayfun exactly like my first one with the one small hole. Maybe my only hope is putting a request in on the Classies.

I want to thank every one of you for trying to help me. I think you've all given me all the help that's possible and it's just unfortunate that it's not working. The EXACT same thing happened with that Orchid I had and traded off. Big thanks again! (I'll definitely come back if and when I find out what the problem is.)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Yes, I also had one of the 2 airhole versions from EHPro. They do exist :)

Which is now in my possession and yep 2 airholes she aint lyin!! :)

Like MattyTny said, if youre using the clear center piece, make sure its got orings on it!! The EHPro only comes with orings installed on the stainless center piece and you need to take them off and put em on the clear one. I didnt even notice that the first time I changed the tank and there went my juice all over the place. The spares kit that comes with it only gives you enough orings for one section as well so I think EHPro intended us to only use one center piece and stick with it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I never had a leak in my 2 airhole kfl, as I'm sure Monotremata can testify since he has it now. Its not leaking because it has two airholes. Something else is wrong. If its not an o ring, I can only guess something else is off on the tolerance. It should work even without airscrews in it. And a fast leak usually indicates its near the top. When I had a bad o ring in the bottom of a Taifun GT clone, I was able to keep vaping it for the rest of the night and into the next day because the leak was so slow. Same with a Kayfun 4 clone.

I'm stumped on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread