Status
Not open for further replies.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
So, too much wick equals to much juice being drawn into the chamber?

kayfun-atty.jpg

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Not exactly.......if everything else is working as it should (seals, connections, etc...) then, in my experience, gurgling is caused by:

a) too much wick too close to the air hole and/or touching the top side of the deck.....creates an excess of unvaporized juice which can easily drip into your airhole
Solutions: raise your coil; trim your wick; make smaller ID coils

b) underpowered coil and/or b') KF's notoriously tight airflow system
either of which can cause the user to take excessively long inhale draws, pulling in well more juice into the ato-chamber than the coil/device can vaporize
Solutions: notch up the power; drill out yer air holes; reduce the overall wire mass of yer coils

txfordguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Houston
I see. This was my first build on a kayfun and thinking back my coil might be a little too close. I'll try raising the coil a little. The build was a 26ga around a 2.5mm screw driver that came out to .94 ohms.

I'm using a pretty thin e liquid, too. So I think that tighter draw may be pulling in a little too much. I've noticed on shorter hits that there's no gurgling.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
I see. This was my first build on a kayfun and thinking back my coil might be a little too close. I'll try raising the coil a little. The build was a 26ga around a 2.5mm screw driver that came out to .94 ohms.

I'm using a pretty thin e liquid, too. So I think that tighter draw may be pulling in a little too much. I've noticed on shorter hits that there's no gurgling.

How did you fill it?

I generally use the fill screw on the base (works perfectly) but have tried the top fill method but not quite mastered it and always get gurgling afterwards and leaking out the airflow. Can be helped by holding it upside down and blowing down the drip tip. Juice will come out the airflow so have paper towel handy.

This is all made worse by having too much wick as well.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
TrevVapor polished brass 'Cingulum Compleo' set: here. Be prepared to spend as much on these rings as on a whole box mod tho :unsure:

I like the following...

http://www.shop.trevvapor.de/by-TrevVapor/ProVari-Customizing/Cingulum-Compleo::12.html said:
All our lathe parts are manufactured of solid matter
:laugh:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
It's hard to notice the difference to be honest. I noticed the drag is tight no matter which way I use it.

I just got an Infinite KFL+ v2 with a 1.5mm hole and after I took out the bottom airflow screw, draws just like my EHPro KFL+ v1 with a 2mm hole. I think the bottleneck is the center pin. I vape mouth to lung so it doesn't bother me.

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
I just got an Infinite KFL+ v2 with a 1.5mm hole and after I took out the bottom airflow screw, draws just like my EHPro KFL+ v1 with a 2mm hole. I think the bottleneck is the center pin. I vape mouth to lung so it doesn't bother me.
And you haven't had any leaks by taking the airflow screw out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread