Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
IMG_0722[1].jpg Kay-fun Day

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
Had my screw out since day one on my kayfun, never had any leaks. It was my first rebuildable tried many different wicking options and all pretty much the same vapor production.

I picked up an Orchid v2 and whole different story thing leaks no matter what I've tried. Ended up breaking the center glass on it tho amd now have a v4 that I been playing with but still leaky like crazy, if its not leaking its the fact I can't seem to get it full.

Ill keep chugging away trying new things, Not Smoking!
Pics to follow. On cell atm puffing on a bvc coil so.....
Peace ECF

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Had my screw out since day one on my Kayfun, never had any leaks. It was my first rebuildable tried many different wicking options and all pretty much the same vapor production.

Pretty sure the only way you'll get leaks without the air screw is if your chimney is flooded anyways, and that's a whole different issue that needs to be fixed anyways. ;)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
All pics I seen of Stingray bottoms are white plastic plug that the screw is in .....my screw goes right into the copper. There's two metal rings . Not sure where there supposed to go tho. When i tried unscrew the flat head bit the rest just fell apart ..luckily it was over a table and I didn't loose the little pin but now thing sticks . Idk more problems just wanna vape darn in lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Has anyone noticed a change of temperature causing leakage?

That happens with any pressurized tank.. Heat=expansion. When it gets warm it likes to push the air and juice out and can cause flooding and leaking.. Our "winter" here lasts like a month and it only drops below 70 at like 3am hah. I've had my Protanks do it just after sitting in the car for a 10 minute drive to the store when it hits like 110 outside..

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
That happens with any pressurized tank.. Heat=expansion. When it gets warm it likes to push the air and juice out and can cause flooding and leaking.. Our "winter" here lasts like a month and it only drops below 70 at like 3am hah. I've had my Protanks do it just after sitting in the car for a 10 minute drive to the store when it hits like 110 outside..

Lol here in NW Pa it's bad. In fact we already have a foot on the ground lol. Thanks for the info. I'm just gonna keep it at home and take my itaste and nautilus with me on the go.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
I'll play. Just got the 3.1 a week ago. I've seen some pretty cool modifications done on this so I thought I'd give it a try... Um yeah it whistles pretty bad now. I'm getting a center pin that has been bored out to 5/64 so I hope that'll help, but I'm doubting it. I'm really bummed about the vapor production on this so far. I've seen a bunch of YouTube videos on this and all I see is people blowing good size clouds for a tank atty. Not sure what to make of it but I'm still gonna try to make it better. I'm not expecting Dripper clouds but it's pretty depressing when my ego twist blows better clouds than this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416037659.481939.jpg

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
I'll play. Just got the 3.1 a week ago. I've seen some pretty cool modifications done on this so I thought I'd give it a try... Um yeah it whistles pretty bad now. I'm getting a center pin that has been bored out to 5/64 so I hope that'll help, but I'm doubting it. I'm really bummed about the vapor production on this so far. I've seen a bunch of YouTube videos on this and all I see is people blowing good size clouds for a tank atty. Not sure what to make of it but I'm still gonna try to make it better. I'm not expecting Dripper clouds but it's pretty depressing when my ego twist blows better clouds than this. View attachment 389653

Let's see a pic of the coil/wick. I'm thinking that's where the issue is. I presume you used the same juice/power in the ego twist comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread