Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I make two recipes using key lime by TFA, the % of lime in them is 2 and 3%. They have both steeped for over 2 weeks. When vaping them they are absolutely wonderful for the first 3 or 4 vapes. Then they start getting a harshness and burning in the throat. I've played around with both and if I make them without the lime they are good, no harshness or burning feeling, but are lacking due to the absence of the lime. I increased the other flavors so I'm still mixing at the same strength. Any suggestions

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Try vaping just the base and see if it's harsh. If the base is harsh anything you make with it will be harsh. If the base is harsh You can then narrow it down further. Vape just the VG alone and if not harsh then try just the PG. If neither is harsh it's the NIC. Try a different brand of NIC

If the base is OK then look to the flavoring used.

You can reduce the amount and if that don't do it then try different brands of flavoring. Almost every manufacture makes a lime (TFA, INawera, Hangsen, FA etc...)

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Try vaping just the base and see if it's harsh. If the base is harsh anything you make with it will be harsh. If the base is harsh You can then narrow it down further. Vape just the VG alone and if not harsh then try just the PG. If neither is harsh it's the NIC. Try a different brand of NIC

If the base is OK then look to the flavoring used.

You can reduce the amount and if that don't do it then try different brands of flavoring. Almost every manufacture makes a lime (TFA, INawera, Hangsen, FA etc...)
I make the base the same for all my vapes. The only ones I have a problem with are the two with Key lime in them. I can make the juice without the key lime and vape it and it's great. Add the key lime and and it pretty much ruined. I was hoping for some suggestions regarding the key lime and it's use. If MTS or Smooth might help it along.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I make the base the same for all my vapes. The only ones I have a problem with are the two with Key lime in them. I can make the juice without the key lime and vape it and it's great. Add the key lime and and it pretty much ruined. I was hoping for some suggestions regarding the key lime and it's use. If MTS or Smooth might help it along.

Then the only thing left is the flavoring. So try reducing the amount or try smooth as suggested above or try a different brand of flavoring.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I use the TFA Key Lime flavor in my two flavored (besides the PG/VG/nic base) DIY liquid. I haven't noticed a harsher taste after a few tokes. I do tend to vape at a slightly lower wattage in the morning though. Maybe try Key Lime from a different vendor and/or manufacturer. Maybe try that particular flavor at 1% or 1.5%. Hopin' you get it figured out/satisfiable!

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
    Aug 15, 2013
    Huntersville, NC
    I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure my key lime is tfa, also.... There is something about the lime flavor and being harsh in blends. I made a batch by itself at 10% and it was fine, but the flavor was.a.bit strong, no harshness, though.... Everything I've used mixed with the key lime is fine without the key lime, key lime is fine by itself, but combine them and it's either you can taste the lime for a few puffs and then harshness, or it gets muted, it seems....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread