kGo Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOLLLL 12 yrs ago when I was Site Supervisor for 2 diff job sites I had: 2 cell phones, 2 pagers and a tool belt. Add to that drawings, briefcase...asked the boss for an assistant just to carry all this junk :D

Pagers!!! LOL!! I had my trusty clear cased motorola when I was in high school. Then there were the cryptic codes to see what people wanted:

A = 8
B = 8
C = 6
D = 0
E = 3
F = 4
G = 6
H = 4
I = 1
J = 7
K = 15
L = 7
M = 177
N = 17
O = 0
P = 9
Q = 0
R = 12
S = 5
T = 7
U = 11
V = 11
W = 111
X = 25
Y = 4
Z = 2

Or just the trusty 143 for I Luv You....lol

Whon remembers what 221 was?:)

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Is this the case you own?

Medium Case for the Go-go - No Logo

It seems small enough to be pocketable, based on one of the reviewers as well, and fits what you were looking to put into it...

There is another option on their site too:

Medium Case for the Go-go

Hmm I don't know. That looks closer to what I want. The problem I've had so far isn't the height and width, it's the thickness. (Insert bad joke)

I'm actually going to head to Best buy on my lunch break and see what I can find. I will report back with my findings.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmm I don't know. That looks closer to what I want. The problem I've had so far isn't the height and width, it's the thickness. (Insert bad joke)

LOL, I will refrain from it. Send Eric, at DV, a quick Email. He's really good about responding and won't mind taking measurements. I had a question about his eGo cones and he took a quick measurement for me to see if a certain clearo would fit the opening.

I got the XL case from him. It's definitely not pocket friendly, but works great for me to carry my stuff back and forth from work. I will try the medium case for those weekend outings on my next order, I think.

108023d1339462066-official-discountvapers-com-thread-uploadfromtaptalk1339462077179.jpg

Bwana

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
Houston
www.vikingcigs.com
I purchased both of the diabetes wallets above and they are far too large for a man's pocket. The medium (no logo) case is slightly better, but really too thick and larger than it needs to be. The xpress diabetes wallet looks promising depending on the dimensions. So far the most tempting to me is the Riva camera case, the dimensions look perfect.

For me, I have two scenarios where I use a case. One is a simple night out. Two kGo batteries and 2-4 clearos is fine. Something that is as compact as possible and fits those would be perfect. I'm not too concerned about stiffness or protection. I'm pretty easy on equipment. The second scenario is for more extended needs, 1-2 days out of the house (any longer and I usually have luggage). In those cases, I usually bring as much as I can fit in my pocket without looking like an idiot. It looks like the Riva case might almost work for that. The improvement I would look for would be organization and some way to ensure unlocked manual buttons were protected (I often bring 808s).

Anyway, if someone makes one, I'll buy. Cheers.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I purchased both of the diabetes wallets above and they are far too large for a man's pocket. The medium (no logo) case is slightly better, but really too thick and larger than it needs to be. The xpress diabetes wallet looks promising depending on the dimensions. So far the most tempting to me is the Riva camera case, the dimensions look perfect.

For me, I have two scenarios where I use a case. One is a simple night out. Two kGo batteries and 2-4 clearos is fine. Something that is as compact as possible and fits those would be perfect. I'm not too concerned about stiffness or protection. I'm pretty easy on equipment. The second scenario is for more extended needs, 1-2 days out of the house (any longer and I usually have luggage). In those cases, I usually bring as much as I can fit in my pocket without looking like an idiot. It looks like the Riva case might almost work for that. The improvement I would look for would be organization and some way to ensure unlocked manual buttons were protected (I often bring 808s).

I carry my e-power in my case once in a while and I just turn the button to the side. This way, pressing on the case will not put any pressure on the button.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Ok. I'm back from Best Buy and I have promising news. I found a camera case that fits 2 kGo batteries and 2 stardusts very snuggly, and is about the same dimensions as my wallet. You could probably cram one or two 10ml bottles of liquid in there if you had to. It feels comfortable in my pocket. The only one I saw that was smaller did not offer as much rigidity and support, plus I don't think everything would quite fit.

My only gripe is that it doesn't have individual elastic bands to hold each item in place, but it's so snug that it shouldn't matter. It does have a little micro-fiber cloth attached on the inside that you can weave around your clearos/cartos if you're worried about them touching each other.

Definitely buy it online, though. It was 20 bucks at Best Buy. Only reason I bought it was because they had an open item one discounted down to 10 bucks.

Amazon.com: Lowepro Sausalito 20 Camera Pouch (Black): Electronics

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok. I'm back from Best Buy and I have promising news. I found a camera case that fits 2 kGo batteries and 2 stardusts very snuggly, and is about the same dimensions as my wallet. You could probably cram one or two 10ml bottles of liquid in there if you had to. It feels comfortable in my pocket. The only one I saw that was smaller did not offer as much rigidity and support, plus I don't think everything would quite fit.

My only gripe is that it doesn't have individual elastic bands to hold each item in place, but it's so snug that it shouldn't matter. It does have a little micro-fiber cloth attached on the inside that you can weave around your clearos/cartos if you're worried about them touching each other.

Definitely buy it online, though. It was 20 bucks at Best Buy. Only reason I bought it was because they had an open item one discounted down to 10 bucks.

Amazon.com: Lowepro Sausalito 20 Camera Pouch (Black): Electronics

If you have the capability of taking a few pics, with the goodies inside, I would love to see it:)

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It doesn't unzip all the way (I like this. Less likely for stuff to fall out since there are no elastics), so I'm holding it open for the picture.

View attachment 108485

That's really nice, thanks for the pic. Are those 650mah batteries?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

You may want to look into some button covers - http://www.cignot.com/product_p/ego-bat-pro.htm

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
That's really nice, thanks for the pic. Are those 650mah batteries?

No they're 1100s.

Here it is in my open hand, just to give you an idea of the size (just keep in mind that I have very large hands). It's really quite comfortable in my pocket. Solid enough to protect the contents, but soft enough that it's still comfortable.

IMG_20120613_153227.jpg

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No they're 1100s.

Here it is in my open hand, just to give you an idea of the size (just keep in mind that I have very large hands). It's really quite comfortable in my pocket. Solid enough to protect the contents, but soft enough that it's still comfortable.

View attachment 108489

Cool, might need to order that for the weekend outings. Thanks again!

Bwana

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
Houston
www.vikingcigs.com
Thanks for all of the input and photos, guys. I went ahead and bought the 2 camera cases mentioned.

Then, I realized I have a Canon Elph and wondered what case it was in. Turns out it's a caselogic soft case which isn't ideal, but the size is perfect. Searching on Amazon for elph case or 3.5" case turned up a crazy amount of options. I'll list a couple of the ones that had interesting insides. I'm not ordering them because they kind of look cheap and the dimensions are slightly bigger than the two already mentioned, but just an example of the organizational options out there:

KroO
Yinugo

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Thanks for all of the input and photos, guys. I went ahead and bought the 2 camera cases mentioned.

Then, I realized I have a Canon Elph and wondered what case it was in. Turns out it's a caselogic soft case which isn't ideal, but the size is perfect. Searching on Amazon for elph case or 3.5" case turned up a crazy amount of options. I'll list a couple of the ones that had interesting insides. I'm not ordering them because they kind of look cheap and the dimensions are slightly bigger than the two already mentioned, but just an example of the organizational options out there:

KroO
Yinugo

I have to say, I like that the first one you listed has elastics and velcro. Do you have any idea how thick it is?

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
The manufacturer's website states:

3.5" x 5.1" x .9" Converted to mm: 88.9 x 129.54 x 22.86 (I'm assuming that is outside)

Compared to the Riva 7062:
Inside: 62 x 100 x 19 Outside: 79 x 120 x 27

Or the Lowepro Sausalito 20:
Inside 70 x 108 x 20 Outside: 82.5 x 125 x 32.5

Wow I think you may have found a winner. The lack of velcro/elastics are the one thing I don't like about the lowepro one from best buy. Good thing I kept the receipt :D

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana

Bwana

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
Houston
www.vikingcigs.com
Yeah, I'm a little upset that I didn't see the dimensions before. It's still a bit big, but thinner is better too. Let us know how it works out.

On a side note, the case I already had my camera in fits my Silver Bullet just right. Since it soft sided, it has no problem with the huge tube and the length is just right. If you're looking for a simple soft one, it is the:

Case Logic Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage TBC-302
On Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread