Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Do you get warnings just for streaming, or were there "upload/downloads" involved?
Streaming. The one where it early got tested was at my old house, they kept warning us and my roommate kept doing whatever he was doing and they suspended out service.

Reactions: mikepetro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Kewl...I haven't seen this thread until today.
I just got a android box a couple weeks before christmas, took me less than a week of learning before I wiped Kodi and started fresh and my POS clone box works just great with only a couple apps installed. I didn't quite kick the cable but dropped down to basic within the first month but never the less I got 46 pages of posts to back read then jump into the discussions. Just from the last 2 pages I read, already my interest is peaked enough to want to read the whole thread.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
FiOs make youx fill out & sign a form and make you take a short video class on not looking at copywritten content

Really ... when did this start. I've had Fios for years and didn't sign anything (knowingly) and definitely didn't 'take a short video class'.

Reactions: Iffy

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Kewl...I haven't seen this thread until today.

Welcome to da CCC (cable cutting club)!

Really ... when did this start. I've had Fios for years and didn't sign anything (knowingly) and definitely didn't 'take a short video class'.

Ditto here... but I haven't received any warnings either... yet...

Reactions: Alter

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
It's like the type where they make you click 'next' in between to make sure you paid attention. When you get it you'll know bc it'll show up every time you try to open your browser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My kodi box is a trongle, its a clone of a clone. It does have google based android 6, Jarvis 16.1 but only 1 gig ram. I spend all kinds of time on youtube and google figuring out why it ran so bad. Useless apps that did nothing but update using up my ram, dead links and android bloatware especially the google apps in the androidOS. Box used 800meg of the 1gig just to run the crap then I start kodi, it would burp, phart then freeze...this is right out of the box new. Old news to a lot of kodi users.
-Google store and google play use over 200meg ram just to run- disabled until I need them but haven't needed them yet.
-Removed/disabled several useless android bloatware apps.
- Fresh Start kodi app. Installed only Specto and Exodus. I had problems with SALTS so didn't reinstall that app.
-Set source timeouts to minimum timeout. Removed troublesome and laggy sources as they appeared
-Set updates to manual. I dislike auto update anything.
-Disabled the universal resolvers in URLresolvers(I have 2 URLresolver files in system) since I'm not paying for nothing.
-Autoplay is more hassle than good so I manually select the source to play and know after time which sources work and which don't.
- hardwired in, WIFI only for IPhones
That's all I can think of off the top of my head but now my 1 gig box runs less then 500 megs ram with kodi running unlike before that it would freeze.
My son has a Netflix account so I let him pay so I can use one of his devices so we can watch. I installed Netflix into the androidOS instead of installing into the Kodi app so I don't have to have kodi running to watch Netflix but the bummer is that I have to enable google play to watch Netflix. I can watch Netflix on our optic TV line through our ISP with better quality so I don't use Netflix in the TVbox.
BEST part is I phoned Telus, our ISP to to cut the TV back and disconnect our landline. The lady nearly had a bird and began lets make a deal. Took a $100 a month TV to $33 with basic, $45/ month landline down to $15 and we had 50down 10up internet with 600gig cap for $105/month now to 150/150 unlimited for $90. I took a $250 a month bill and made it into $138 because of Kodi...gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread