KISS Boxes... WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, I finally got my KISS Boxes yesterday!!

ALl I can say is, now THAT"S E-SMOKING!! This is it, the ultimate, the perfect e-smoking experience.

I got both the Classic and the Yentyl, because I'm a completist. :D And, as I had mentioned, mine shipped a few days late, and they explained the delay by telling me they only had black and silver, and needed to know which I wanted. Well, I thought they meant they had sold out on the titanium Classic, but they were talking about the Yentyl! SO I did get the titanium Classic, after all, and a black Yentyl! YAY!

First the bad. My USB cable doesn't seem to be working at all. And the automatic switch for my Classic and the automatic battery for the Yentyl were both bad. So I'll get to find out how they handle exchanges. ;)

But the good is OH SOOOOO GOOOD! The manual switches work great! Tons of smoke, smooth easy draw like breathing through a straw, and whisper quiet, no gurgle, no whistle! Absolutely reliable and consistent from the first puff to the last; I didn't even know when the battery was wearing down until it just quit, totally discharged. And the vapor itself is very smooth textured, flavorful, and with no aftertaste. Seems to vaporize the liquid very efficiently.

Last night was my night off, and I spent it drinking and e-smoking the two units heavily. I got 7 hours of HEAVY smoking off the Pen battery, and about 8 hours from the Yentyl. One cartridge for the Classic lasted about 14 hours, and for the Yentyl they lasted over 4 hours. These are just rough stats from one drunken night, but they're already impressive.

Speaking of cartridges, I got the Mint, which as I've mentioned in my review of E-Cig-Sales' minis is the only good tasting menthol I've found yet. OH, here's a nit-picky criticism; while the Marlboro flavor cartridges that came with the Yentyl are in a matching black color, the extra menthol cartridges he included are dark green.

I would make just a couple suggestions for improvements; first bring back the LEDs on the manual switch and battery. I know it'll cut into battery life, but I like the visual feedback anyway. Second, a little more care should be taken to ensure that the logo and the button line up right. OK, that's nit-picky too, but I've gotta be nit-picky to find anything I DON'T like about this. :D

So, anyway, I love it. Great vapor, easy, smooth, and consistant, and reliable from first puff to last. From now on I am absolutly reccomending that anyone interested in e-smoking skip all the cheap stuff and go straight for the Janty KISSBOXes!

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Great review Leaford - funny you are having problems with the automatic switch - mine was the manual switch. Ludo and Harry sent me a new kit yesterday. :) I get more smoke using the automatic switch. I think my problem may be both the manual switch and the atomizer - but who knows.

Glad you got the titanium Classic - I know you wanted one.

The new USB cables should be sent out to us soon from what I understand. Is the button on your USB battery staying on "on" or does it keep shifting back to the "off" position? The battery will not charge if it is in the "off" position.

I have to disagree - I do not want the led button back. I enjoy not having someone think that I am taking a drag off a cigarette.

Yes, I am impressed by the batteries too. Hope they will continue to work as good in 2 months as they do now.

When you say "tons of smoke" - exactly how much are you talking? Mine seems to be about the same as any other e-cig but I get the "dragging and throat" sensation as if I was smoking a cigarette.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hmmm, I just checked the USB, and it IS in the off position. I could swear it was on ON. Do you mean it's switching off on its own?

And by TONS, I mean it puts out consistantly as much smoke as my previous best performers, Njoy and Myecig, do on a fresh cartridge and battery, but consistantly all the way through.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Mr.Darcy said:
which do you prefer-yentl or classic?
Well, it's hard to compare them head to head like that. The Classic puts out more smoke, but I don't think any mini type can compete against a pen style that way. Size matters, sadly. (That's something no guy likes to admit) :cry:

I've fallen into a habit of using both, loading the pen style with medium strength for most of my puffing, and high or extra high in the mini for when I need a stronger hit, or for smoking smoke-break style. I think I'll keep the same pattern with the Kissboxes.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
by leaford on Sat May 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Hmmm, I just checked the USB, and it IS in the off position. I could swear it was on ON. Do you mean it's switching off on its own?

I think the switch is loose. For some reason, if anything touches the box or the box bumps up against anything the button slides back to the "off" position.

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe
dnakr said:
by leaford on Sat May 31, 2008 4:59 pm

I think the switch is loose. For some reason, if anything touches the box or the box bumps up against anything the button slides back to the "off" position.

yes, i glue the switch ;-), but still USB somehow did not behave ;-(, lets wait for the new one!

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
dnakr said:
I have to disagree - I do not want the led button back. I enjoy not having someone think that I am taking a drag off a cigarette.
It wouldn't have to be the full light up tip. It could be the same little led they use on the top of the automatic switch for the Classic. They could change the automatic Yentyl batteries to just have that kind of led and no tip light, too. In fact, the tip light is sometimes hard to see from the smoker's perspective anyway, so that'd be better. As long as you have that oriented up, you can see it easily, and it'd be easier on battery life than a light up tip.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
You know, I should also add a few words of praise for the quality look and feel of the devices. The Titanium is beautiful, and the matte black Yentyl has a real elegant look. Much better than the plasticy look of the cheaper models. On a par with Njoy. The led on the automatic Classic switch, the little I got it to work, is nice and bright, even though it's so tiny it looks like a speck of dust when off. And the LED tip on the Yentyl automatic battery is a nice bright glow, easily visible from the smokers perspective, all around the rim. The buttons on both the manuals are of a good solid plastic, have firm resistance, and a nice click. Good tactile feedback. The gold bands where pieces fit together are bright and shiny, and fit together nicely flush and snug. The only nit-pick is, as I said, when the pieces of the Classic are fitted together tightly, the logo on the atomizer and the botton on the switch, or the led on the automatic switch, don't line up Oh, and the brass band on the atomizer is a dull brass, it should be a bright gold like the fittings. In fact, the button and the end cap should also all be in the same bright gold. Now that would be sharp.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I haven't yet got a kissbox, but you know what really makes me exited is this...

This forum has been going since December last year (2007) and each e-cig I have personally tried has been a paradigm shift in terms of how good it is in replicating/replacing cigarettes.

All the reviews I have read on the kissbox sound amazing and I can't wait to try it, and just think how things are going to be in, say, a year's time! I mean, these things seem to be getting better almost exponentially!

I just wish this technology had been available for my grandad :cry:,

Thanks to everybody for spreading the word about this wonderful technology.

SJ

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Smokey_Joe said:
I haven't yet got a kissbox, but you know what really makes me exited is this...

This forum has been going since December last year (2007) and each e-cig I have personally tried has been a paradigm shift in terms of how good it is in replicating/replacing cigarettes.

All the reviews I have read on the kissbox sound amazing and I can't wait to try it, and just think how things are going to be in, say, a year's time! I mean, these things seem to be getting better almost exponentially!

I just wish this technology had been available for my grandad :cry:,

Thanks to everybody for spreading the word about this wonderful technology.

SJ
You should get one , bro..it is the best at the moment.....Sorry about your grandad...But think of this...By stopping smoking real cigarettes ,it will be a real tribute to him... ;)

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
The KISS is amazing!
I received mine around 1:00 pm this afternoon.
It's 10:30pm right now, and I have not smoked a real cigarette since 11:00 am. (Almost 12 hours)
I am amazed at my self, and I have NO desire to light a cigarette.

I have tried other devices and always had to smoke a real cigarette here and then.

Not with this KISSBOX.
It's hooked up to my laptop, and I'm puffing away, that is the battery right now, while the other (real) battery is charging till the morning.

The cartridges they provide are awesome, still using the same one!

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
Great reviews!

We take note of the feedback and the ideas here on the forum and will do our very best to incorporate these ideas in the future batches. It's because of forums like these that we can develop and customize further to your needs, we thank you for the input!

We might not always be posting answers directly on the forum (we'd like to keep the forums to the users, not to the brands), but please DO mail us with your concerns or suggestions. We do however follow the threads in the forums passively.

If anyone should encounter a problem with USB cable or switches or anything else, please contact us at dispatch@ruyanxpress.com for an immediate customer favorable solution :)

Again, many thanks for the input and happy e-smoking to you all :)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Thanks for your responsiveness, and feel free to reply to things in the forum; I'm sure we'd all be interested in any specific responses you have to our comments! :D

I've sent you an e-mail using your web sites contect form, i hope I can look forward to a response soon. :)

ANd thanks for a terriffic pair of devices! :D :D

woody

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2008
I've just ordered a Kissbox to add to my selection of Sedansa and Njoy. It's great that the technology is improving all the time and also great that this board is growing. It's useful to have lots of varied opinions and even better that nearly everyone is so enthusiastic about being able to continue "smoking" without actually smoking but still getting satisfactiion. I have been e smoking for 10 months now and have never looked back. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread