KR808 batteries: the end-light does not shut off when it should be "fully charged"

Status
Not open for further replies.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
Just a quick question about a pair of batts I got for "free" as part of a referral (v2 cigs). My first two batts from this company charge for about 4-5 hrs, then the light goes off, charger light changes from red to green, telling me things are done.

These two new batts give no indication at all that they are done charging. I've given them up to 8hrs (a bit afraid to push them any further), plugged into the USB port on my PC. So far I've not noticed any problems with these batts while in use, they last about half a day of vaping (same as the first two batts).

I assume there is no "fix" other than just keep a close eye on the batts and never trust the indicators. I've marked these batts so I know they are the 'hokey' pair. Any safety concerns you might cite? I will never leave any of these batts charging unattended, and never more than 5-6 hours ideally (they charge at my desk while I work).

Juicehead

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
It depends on the batt/charger you are using. Is the charger from V2?

When I charge my V2 batts on a non-V2 charger, there are no indicators or light changes of when the batt is fully charged.

Either way, try to remember when you put them on the charger and unplug them manually, regardless of indicators. For standards, charge them ~3 hours and for XLs, charge them for ~4 hours.

Also, the one thing I'll give V2 is that they have good customer service. If it's really a problem, talk to them and they will fix you up.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
It depends on the batt/charger you are using. Is the charger from V2?

When I charge my V2 batts on a non-V2 charger, there are no indicators or light changes of when the batt is fully charged.

Either way, try to remember when you put them on the charger and unplug them manually, regardless of indicators. For standards, charge them ~3 hours and for XLs, charge them for ~4 hours.

Also, the one thing I'll give V2 is that they have good customer service. If it's really a problem, talk to them and they will fix you up.

Yes, both chargers, and all of the batts are from V2. Since the batteries are marked, I'm making a point of charging one "working" battery paired with one of the "hokey" ones, that way I can get a better idea of their state of charge. As I said before, no major issues with power, longevity, etc.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
The one trick I've learned about charging V2 batteries is not to screw it in all the way. Just turn the bat until the ashcap light starts flashing then set it down. They always charge up right and the light tuns green when they are done. If you screw it in too tight the light never changes.

excellent tip! I will test this out tonite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread