KR808-M (for magnum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrid84

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
houston
just finished my Magnum KR808 mod. took about 20 minutes. mind you, i dont have proper batteries yet. but i work at Radio Shack so ill pick some up tomorrow and make the batt. housing.

the Flashlight itself was purchased from RS for about 6 bucks, the only problem is it has since been discontinued, atleast not sold at my store anymore. Shack DM said it was a health hazard b/c of the laser.

anyways the light is still fully functional. i used the Laser circuit to power the catro connector. it has a multi variable push button that when clicked once turns on the LED's click once more turns off the LED's clicks even once more and your cooking. i know its not the best set up but its what i have available on my day off.

so, enjoy. and any custuctive critisism is welcome.

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

henrid84

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
houston
Is that 8 LEDs in parallel?

Try something around 20-30R.

20-30r? not familiar with resistors, will that protect all 8 LED's> also they are not "in line" i guess because the board that they sit on goes all the way around a full circle so, the lead positive hits the outer circle and goes all the way aroung to itself again and the inner circle in negative. get it? dont know if i explained that right.

h8isgr8

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
20-30r? not familiar with resistors, will that protect all 8 LED's> also they are not "in line" i guess because the board that they sit on goes all the way around a full circle so, the lead positive hits the outer circle and goes all the way aroung to itself again and the inner circle in negative. get it? dont know if i explained that right.

Yes, that would be parallel (as apposed to series).

The "R" just means Resistance (Ohms). You can use a higher value if you want them dim. Much lower that 20R and they might burn out.

henrid84

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
houston
Yes, that would be parallel (as apposed to series).

The "R" just means Resistance (Ohms). You can use a higher value if you want them dim. Much lower that 20R and they might burn out.

ah, thanks i think ill start with something high then work my way down if need be. so would thirty be considered high for what im trying to do?

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
No, I use "R" because that is standard practice in the electronics world. ;)

For example, 1 Ohm is commonly expressed as 1R, and fractions of an ohm are expressed as 0R1 (for 0.1 Ohm).

Anyway, Ω is "ALT + 234".

Well, that's news to me. I've been working on electronics for well over 40 years and never heard of that.

h8isgr8

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Alright, I'm really tired of you "old dogs" trying to insult my intelligence.

You two should really get out of the nursing home more often; there is a whole different world out there you are obviously unaware of.

Feel free to join this wonderful forum and post how ignorant you are of this subject.......

Improper way the express resistance? - diyAudio

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Ah, how silly of us. After all, you found 5 people on the internet who agree with you. And such an authoritative source too. Do It Yourself Audio.

I made the sad mistake of a lifetime of working on military communications systems and more recently (and currently) fiber optic multiplexers running speeds of up to 1.76 terabits per second. How stupid can I be?

h8isgr8

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ah, how silly of us. After all, you found 5 people on the internet who agree with you. And such an authoritative source too. Do It Yourself Audio.

I made the sad mistake of a lifetime of working on military communications systems and more recently (and currently) fiber optic multiplexers running speeds of up to 1.76 terabits per second. How stupid can I be?

:rolleyes:

I didn't say you were stupid, just behind on the times. Your age is showing.

Oh, and dismissing the intelligence and experience of some highly regarded DIYAudio members isn't going to prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread