Status
Not open for further replies.

silber

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
Here's how I'm building my kraken:

aOaPxeX.jpg

~4 wraps of 0.8x1mm kanthal ribbon, wrapped around the screwdriver that came with the atomizer, 0.6ohm per coil, 0.3ohm total on the build.
loose/fluffy cotton u-wick with short tails

I get amazing performance, no need to tip, and the wicks stay saturated a LOT longer than using microcoils (chokes it off) or not doing a u-wick (works harder against gravity because you're vaping off of the least saturated point of the cotton) Never had a dry hit.

Don't put anything in the fill hole, it won't wick.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
After the initial mesh build posted earlier I switched to cotton and played with some different coil configurations:

adsfad.jpg twistcoil.jpg Image13.jpg

First one is dual 28g 1 ohm compressed coils, second is a single .5 ohm micro with 3-strand twisted 30g, and the last is dual 28g 1 ohm micros.

Now I kind of want to play with mesh again ;)

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I recently just got my kraken and it is my first Rba. What does the washer do? Does it help performance? does it matter if I take it out? What's a u wick and the pros and cons of it? I am experienced with rda's though

The center post washer? Helps bridge the gap between post and wick so you don't have so much coil heating nothing but air. Also helps avoid the dreaded hot leg. Just makes things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread