Lava Tube: Better and cheaper than the Provari (video opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Are there any other IMR HIGH DRAIN 18650's other then the AW? If there are I haven't seen them. I think it is pretty lame when thier site says that then they try to say you used the wrong batts and try to not honor the warranty.
First off you realize that AW (Andrew Wan) is just a re-wrapper of the unprotected batteries he buys. He does not manufacture batteries. He just adds a protection circuit and some fancy shrink wrap.

And what exactly does 'high drain' mean? Panasonic does not make official LiMN/IMRs but they make LiCoO2 cells that can easily handle a 5A drain, which should be more than enough for the LT's 2.5A limit. And wouldn't it be nice to be able to use a true 3000mAh cell?

Some one said the 'fake' cells were Sanyos, again even though they too don't make official LiMN/IMRs they do make high quality high drain cells rated for 10A and more.

Want standard IMR18650's ?

here's some flat tops.

IMR186501wm__69191_zoom.jpg

Iken's BDLs.

18650SZ__36511_zoom.jpg

Wanna take a walk on the wild side?

Discount China Wholesale IMR18650-1500mAh 3.7V Rechargeable LiMn battery (2 pcs) [1088]- $4.85 - PowerWholeSale

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
My lavatube seems to be malfunctioning. It will fire a 1.7 ohm carto fine, but will not fire my 3.0 ohm atty at any voltage. Tried lifting the center post on the connector, checked it with a ohms meter (it read fine) and checked the unloaded voltage of the lavatube (came up normal). Might have to send it in. Nows a chance to see how well that 1 year warranty works.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
My lavatube seems to be malfunctioning. It will fire a 1.7 ohm carto fine, but will not fire my 3.0 ohm atty at any voltage. Tried lifting the center post on the connector, checked it with a ohms meter (it read fine) and checked the unloaded voltage of the lavatube (came up normal). Might have to send it in. Nows a chance to see how well that 1 year warranty works.

so how did it go?

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Moved to Variable Voltage Mods Discussion

I'm just wondering.. now that ECF has so many sub forums for every aspect of e-cigs.. what type of content is considered General? (first question)

The General sub forum is the most popular sub forum - and this thread was just to show off one guys opinion, not to actually be a discussion on Variable Voltage Mods. That's why it was posted in General.

So.. whats the criteria then for moving a thread to another sub forum after it has been allowed in General? (second question)

If these two things were better understood, it would help posters make a better choice and their threads not get moved.

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I read somewhere on the provari thread that the newer booster chips the cut off is between 2.5-2.8 amps, vape360 posted it a thread somewhere I went looking for it and can't find it now. but that must be the case because I can do a 1.5 dual coil at 4.2 the carto ohms at 1.6 but that's still 2.62 amps

On paper its 2.5 amps. In the actual unit it varies slightly. Components vary, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread