Lava Tube: Better and cheaper than the Provari (video opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'd love to know. Why don't you pass that to me in a PM. I know I'm strongly opinionated. That's what makes me, ME. I never say anything to disrespect anyone personally but if people take issue with my opinions that's not my problem, it's theirs. Will I apologize for people getting bent out of shape at my opinions? No.

Hey, no apology necessary. I was really just making a joke.

I honestly don't care that much! As I said, I'm thinking about getting a LavaTube, even though I have a ProVari. And I certainly don't feel any need to defend the ProVari or any other mode.

I guess, think of it this way...

You're from New Orleans, a place I'd LOVE to go to sometime in my lifetime.

Now... what if someone was bashing New Orleans (assuming you like it there), and went on and on about how bad New Orleans was, bashing the people, the bars, the music, just EVERYTHING.

And then, after listening to this person bashing New Orleans for a while, you find out they've never actually BEEN to New Orleans, but they've heard about it from other people.

I'm from LA. I happen to like LA. Is it for everyone? No (although, it does seem everyone is moving here...)

But I think if I were out of the country, or in another state, and someone was bashing Los Angeles, it would kind of bug me. If it turned out they'd never even BEEN to Los Angeles? It'd REALLY bug me.

It's all good. No problems, your certainly entitled to your opinions.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
John, I respect your opinion as well as all others opinions. I too own neither VV mod, but have researched both. I to have an opinion, which I am entitled to have. My opinion is simple, vape what you want to vape, and defend it if you like, but do not chastize others for their opinion. Respecting others is what makes ECf a great place to hang out. My sig tells what I vape and enjoy.

Just my two-pennies....

I wasn't chastising people for buying one. I did say I think sometimes people didn't think their choice to buy that mod all the way through and I listed my opinions about what I don't like about it and how people could make a better decision. I never disrespected someone elses opinion. I never said their opinion was wrong or that they were not entitled to it. Does respecting others mean I cannot offer a negative opinion based on my research on a topic others may get bent out of shape about? Must I walk on eggshells? God forbid.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I guess, think of it this way...

You're from New Orleans, a place I'd LOVE to go to sometime in my lifetime.

Now... what if someone was bashing New Orleans (assuming you like it there), and went on and on about how bad New Orleans was, bashing the people, the bars, the music, just EVERYTHING.

And then, after listening to this person bashing New Orleans for a while, you find out they've never actually BEEN to New Orleans, but they've heard about it from other people.

I'm from LA. I happen to like LA. Is it for everyone? No (although, it does seem everyone is moving here...)

But I think if I were out of the country, or in another state, and someone was bashing Los Angeles, it would kind of bug me. If it turned out they'd never even BEEN to Los Angeles? It'd REALLY bug me.

I’m kinda allied to this type of thinking Myself.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Does respecting others mean I cannot offer a negative opinion based on my research on a topic others may get bent out of shape about? Must I walk on eggshells? God forbid.

I don't think that is it at all.

I just think I could take your Strongly Voiced Views more Seriously if you Actualy owned either a Provari or a Lavatube or Both.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hey John, How about reading my post again....did not say you were chastizing anyone....my opinion was a general statement, not pointed at anybody....I will edit it tho, just to clearify my opinion....have a great day all...
I wasn't chastising people for buying one. I did say I think sometimes people didn't think their choice to buy that mod all the way through and I listed my opinions about what I don't like about it and how people could make a better decision. I never disrespected someone elses opinion. I never said their opinion was wrong or that they were not entitled to it. Does respecting others mean I cannot offer a negative opinion based on my research on a topic others may get bent out of shape about? Must I walk on eggshells? God forbid.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I thought we were? You should have seen it Before uba popped in.

Anyway, we just do it to get You to come around. We miss you.

:D

BTW - 21,883 !!! Good Gosh you have been Busy.

LOL ! Just saw that uba had been here too, didn't read back that far...there are so many of these threads now...a couple of reminders doesn't hurt.

Miss you too zioD...I don't catch up with you that much anymore.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Hey John, How about reading my post again....did not say you were chastizing anyone....my opinion was a general statement, not pointed at anybody....I will edit it tho, just to clearify my opinion....have a great day all...

Your right, My Apologies. I was getting jumped on a bunch and got into defensive mode and misread your intention.

Speaking of defensive mode.. GEAUX Saints !

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL ! Just saw that uba had been here too, didn't read back that far...there are so many of these threads now...a couple of reminders doesn't hurt.

Miss you too zioD...I don't catch up with you that much anymore.

I hear you.

Seems the ECF is one Big Ant Hill that has been stirred up over the Lavatube and or Lavatube Batteries. Can’t get any work done because my Outlook Mail Notification keeps dinging.

Good to know that You and the other Mods are keeping things going with Very Little Intervention.

Sorry for All the Extra work we have caused.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't think that is it at all.
I just think I could take your Strongly Voiced Views more Seriously if you Actualy owned either a Provari or a Lavatube or Both.

That someone can't justify the cost of something -- and thus didn't buy it -- is a valid viewpoint.

I recently bought a provari and am quite happy with it. Were I able to change anything about it, I would probably consider using aluminum instead of steel. I was surprised that it's noticeably heavier than my silver bullet, even thought it's girth is significantly less.

At some point, I'll probably pick up a lava tube as well, but at the moment I'm holding out to see if someone comes up with an extended battery cover... it seems like a real oversight to me that it's incapable of holding anything longer than the AW IMR. I'm definitely an AW fan, and the IMRs have well deserved praise in the smaller sizes. Even with 3Ω @ 3.7v, a high drain is required to output sufficient power in e.g. 14500 size. However, in the 18650 size, the IMR is unnecessary, and you can get considerably better longevity with an ICR. AW IMRs generally have around a 10C rating, where the cheap-o Trustfires have a 1.5C rating... however, in a 2400mAh battery, even the relatively low 1.5 rating is still capable of outputting greater amperage than the cutoff point of either mod.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
well I have both the provari and the lava tube and I use them both every day, does the lava tube work? yes it works well. is it superior to the provari? no it doesn't hold its voltage as the battery drains that's not me being a fangirl that's a metered fact not a opinion. would that fact stop me from buying the lava tube? no but I also wouldn't say its a better product than the provari. and that is the last I'm going to say about it believe what you will.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
well I have both the provari and the lava tube and I use them both every day, does the lava tube work? yes it works well. is it superior to the provari? no it doesn't hold its voltage as the battery drains that's not me being a fangirl that's a metered fact not a opinion. would that fact stop me from buying the lava tube? no but I also wouldn't say its a better product than the provari. and that is the last I'm going to say about it believe what you will.

So it doesn't regulate very well?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Absolutely Price is a Valid argument.

And I don't expect someone to have to buy something to be able chime in on what they think something is (Though I put little credence in what they say because Everyone's value of money is different.) worth.

The only thing I get kinda bent over, and what brings the mods around, is when people start to talk about things like Functionality, Eases of Use, Durability, Quality of Manufacture, etc, when they don't even own the item or have Never held it in their hands.

It's kinda like If I read a review on Two Restaurants. One was a Budget Dinner and the Other was a Lien Table Cloth affair. And the reviews went on and on about This and That. Comparing something to something else and making all kinds of Crazy Analogies.

But at the end of the Review I found out that the Reviewer hadn't even eaten in Either Restaurant.

Price I can go with. But how much Belief can you put into what Anyone says if they haven't "Been there and Done That"?

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I can tell you without a doubt that the Ferrari 458 accelerates faster, handles better, and picks up more women than anything I've ever owned. I know it has poorer rear visibility than a Prius. :)

ferrari-458-italia-colors-23.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can tell you without a doubt that the Ferrari 458 accelerates faster, handles better, and picks up more women than anything I've ever owned. I know it has poorer rear visibility than a Prius. :)

ferrari-458-italia-colors-23.jpg

LOL

Hot Chicks in Short Skirts don’t tend to want to look out the windows much anyway. Don't see limited Visibility as a Huge downside when you roll up in a 458.

But That's just me.

;)

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
I think it's great the Provari has the Lave Tube as competition. I HATE Monopolies more than I hate oysters (and I'm a Cajun).

Provari fanboys think of the Provari as the Cadillac of the vaping world. Of course this is just hype. I see how weak minded some people are to buy into the advertising tactics - they don't just buy the Provari because they really need the features of the stainless steel body or the ohm meter (If they did it would be different) but some folks will buy into the idea that it's a superior product and they must have it and of course it Must be better because it's expensive yada yada yada. Those people got played like a string fiddle. It's this mindset I don't like to see as I believe it hurts the community as a whole. To have so many people in your face saying you must have this most expensive PV even though it's got many poor design flaws does a disservice to others. It's gives people false impressions.

Perhaps the Provari people will learn from this as one poster suggested and make a better product. I doubt it. The company is plagued with the mindset that it has to stay the top and must therefore produce the highest quality (unproven) product that you must pay out the nose for. Like I said, make the Lava tube Stainless Steel and prove you can have an equal product for a much cheaper price reveals the Provari people to be the thieves they are. I honestly believe they can produce a better product cheaper without cutting corners and that they either have made some really bad materials/manufacturing decisions that cause them to charge so much or because they think they are the cats meow and see the money rolling in, they simply do not care.

I don't care who you are or what you say to me. no one is ever going to convince me the Provari price tag is justified.

I like you John, always have..but what monopoly? there is buzz joker vv monkeyboxx way too many vv to name...premium price for premium product is the american way..my provari has been ran over by a 8000 pound hydrolic bucket truck and only has a pen dent in the finish, which is chrome by the way which has wear scratches in it but is still fully intact....had it for 7 monthes and it still works as good as the day I got it..I wanna hear from the LT owners in 7 monthes of heavy vaping in an outdoor manual labor job.... and that my friend is what you pay for.....

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I like you John, always have..but what monopoly? there is buzz joker vv monkeyboxx way too many vv to name...premium price for premium product is the american way..my provari has been ran over by a 8000 pound hydrolic bucket truck and only has a pen dent in the finish, which is chrome by the way which has wear scratches in it but is still fully intact....had it for 7 monthes and it still works as good as the day I got it..I wanna hear from the LT owners in 7 monthes of heavy vaping in an outdoor manual labor job.... and that my friend is what you pay for.....

That's what I was trying to say.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread